The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Great Dane

MS Society England Council annual meeting is taking place on Saturday 8th June

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hezza

Thanks for sharing, Great Dane.

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• MS Society Petition

I received the following e-mail from the MS Society :-   “Today we’re launching a brand new campaign, MS: Enough.   We’re calling on the UK Government to recognise the reality of living with MS and make welfare make sense – and we need your help.   Welfare support is vital for many people with MS, helping to manage the extra costs of the condition, stay in work for longer and participate fully in society. Yet the current system is not making sense, too often ignoring invisible symptoms like pain and fatigue and failing to recognise how MS can fluctuate.   Shockingly, over a third of people with MS said face to face assessments had caused their MS to relapse or deteriorate. Having MS is enough; it should not be made harder by a welfare system that doesn’t make sense. Please sign our petition to the Minister for Disabled People today.   Together, we can persuade the Government to recognise the reality of living with MS and make welfare make sense. Please click here to make your voice heard.   Thank you for your support.”   The Petition is here:- http://mssociety.cmail20.com/t/r-l-fhdgtd-djtumitdk-o/  

in General Discussion about MS

• MS Society Survey

The MS Society is looking to gain information about access to symptom management treatments, rejected by NICE.   The more responses, the better   http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1770463/symptoms  

• Raising money for the MS Society

Hi, my name is Tom Jackson, I'm 20 years old, and my girlfriend was diagnosed last year, been a bit of a roller coaster since then, but i think she's doing pretty well now, and wants to give something back to the people that helped her most. With that in mind, the both of us are planning on running the BUPA 10,000, with the aim of raising money for the MS society, a brilliant charity that helped her alot, and I'm sure has helped some of you guys too.   I'm really writing here to ask you guys if you could donate. I know MS is something that will have affected many if not all the people on this site, and I was hoping to appeal to you here to generate some real community spirit that we can use to drive funds straight where it is needed.   Please donate online at http://www.justgiving.com/tomjackson00 or text TOMJ £5 to 70070 to donate £5, or replace that amount with any whole number.   It really would be appreciated, and the money really would help lots of people, many not so unlike yourselves. Thankyou Tom Jackson

• New member today, Sunday 30 June 2013.

New member today, Sunday 30 June 2013. ______________________________________       6 weeks since diagnosis.   I could not believe what I was told.     Signed: Mr Q

• In a dark and lonely place right now

Everything I gone through is nothing compared to my husband wanting to leave me, as his head is all over the place. Its not fair what else can go wrong!!!

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.