The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
sduffett

Quick Hello

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

sduffett

Evening All,

Just a brief introduction before I turn in for the night.

I'm Sam (of the male variety), single 29yo living in Bristol. Dx with RRMS in 98 and currently receiving BI. Currently in fairly good health with no major relapses for a couple of years but still get the odd twinge.

Have lurked around the yahoo MS group for a few years only making a pitful number of posts. Hoping to turn over a new leaf starting with this forum (Tried few times but think I need a rake :) ).

Apologies for the very brief bio but have a busy couple of weeks at work and need to get my head down.

Cheers

Sam

Sammy D

Sluggish
Marina

Hi Sam :crutch:

Since you've been on the ol' YahooGroups list for quite a while, I guess you know us lot of mailing list members and that some of us are a bit of a mad but loveable bunch :sweating:

Good to see you chip in on the Forum and hope you'll visit some more.

Take care

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

crispy

Hi Sam, another arrival missed, I must be slipping :sleepy:

Sammy D, are you any relation to Sunny D? Sorry, I'm sure you must be sick of that, but I'm juiced trying to be friendly :D

Bristol is a good place to live, not too far from here, on a very good day.

Glad you are in fairly good health, and working, but don't overdo the work bit :no:

Please keep coming back, and try to get a few more list members to join in the fun.

All the best,

Chris P :sweating:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

angela

Hi everyone Angela here this is try no3 after having 4 e-mails inviting me to introduce myself I havn't any time at the moment as I will need ages and my dads expecting me to lunch sometime today!!! he only lives five minutes away on my scooter but you havn't seen me type might get back later bye for now.

Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

crispy

Hi again Angela, :crutch:

Perhaps it will be third time lucky for you :yes:

I know about a lack of time, I am forever meaning to do something for days at a time, but the day just goes before you know it :sad:

Come back when you can find a bit of time, we'll still be waiting :computer:

Hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Chris P :stretcher:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• How quick does MS come on/develop?

Hi guys.   I am a 25 year old male who has made the fatal mistake of googling my symptoms. I am now terrified and losing sleep. Im a working professional and around 10 weeks ago had quite tender eyesight, like straining and my peripheral vision appeared to be moving, there was also some light sensitivity. No loss of vision or colour though. I did have a severe fungal skin infection at the time which has since cleared and my vision returned to normal and I put the vision down to this.   I had noticed inbetween, a quite sudden onset of frequent urinating, i used to go maybe 3 times daily, that has at least doubled. Around 3 weeks ago I developed a numbness type sensation in my foot when working nights, almost like not enough blood was getting to it like poor circulation, and my leg felt weaker than it actually was, I had no reduced movement or strength in it. A few days later, it develope dinto my arm aswell, i have had a very slight tingling in my finger tips and what I can only describe as a dead arm, like ive been punched.   Every day, its somewhere different, either left leg, left arm, right leg, right arm, varying from being sore, to aching to burning. I have also noticed some minor twitching in my left and right biceps.   The very worst symptom though is feeling dizzy, its not horrendous, I just dont feel "not dizzy". I had bad vertigo last week, whereas now it is just general a little dizzy and I crash into things   I know you guys arent doctors, I saw my GP initially who said he thought it was a virus as I had signs of virus in my throat, but since then I have developed the dizziness and weird sensations. However this has all come on in just under three weeks, and is getting worse. I just wondered (bar the eye issues) would MS come on so quickly?   I am struggling to sleep and driving my wife mad worrying about it.   Thanks in advance   Andy

in General Discussion about MS

• Just a quick hello

Hello to all. I hope you are all as well as can be.   I've just been diagnosed with Clinically Isolated Syndrome. Had all the scans and tests back in January, when I was admitted to hospital. I also have L'hermittes syndrome. Dr reckons it will be diagnosed as MS, as i have transverse nyelitis and brain lesions. Sorry if my spelling is off.   This feeling of pins and needles in both legs and one hand is just hacking me off, as it seems to take so much effort and energy, just to try and get on with life. Very tiring at times.   Just thought I would come on here and read up as much as possible. See if there is anything I can do, to help overcome this.   Still trying to look on the bright side of life, but still very frightened at the mo, a feeling that has only hit me in the last couple of weeks. Think I believed it would have passed by now.   Promise not to come on here and whinge, but I know from experience that support from people who understand, can be a very useful aid.   Thanks one and all. Take care

• QUICK QUESTION

Does anyone have ms treatment but as no lesions, if so how long as my PCT will no longer allow treatment to ms patients unless lesions are found the reason for this is they don't won't to be sued in case it is not ms but something else makes sense if they find that something else and not leave 12 yrs in my case.       hazeyxx

• In Praise Of My GP! - Quick update

Morning all, hope you are keeping well in the bad weather. We have snow, then ice then more snow on top. Great for unsteady peeps like me!   Just wanted to drop a quick note to say I took all your advice and eventually took the plunge to go back to the GP. I saw the neuro in early November, and since then have had MRI (he said this was unremarkable) and an LP which was negative. However, my symptoms are getting worse, apart from a respite from fatigue which has been much better. And I've had new symptoms too. The neuro sent a letter saying everything was clear and he hadn't arranged a follow up.   I went back to see GP on Wednesday, and she read through the notes and said she couldn't understand the fact that no follow up has been made. My notes from neuro apparently say he saw signs of demylenation in the neuro exam (GP said this was posh way of saying its MS!), but this wasn't mentioned on letters to me   GP went through what symptoms I'm having now and what had happened to date and since neuro appt and both she and trainee GP agreed they think its RRMS! She said it's affecting my day to day life and limiting what I can do, therefore it needs reviewing further and a definite diagnosis being made. She also said it's completely unfair for the neuro to tell me he thinks I have MS and then do only 2 tests and decide there is nothing else to do. As the GP put it MS is complex and they need to build up a picture of symptoms etc, and there are other tests they can do to confirm diagnosis. She is going to write to the neuro with update and ask for further appointment and poss VEP and whatever else they can think of!!   So glad I went back - I was beginning to think I was losing the plot but GP says neuro saw evidence too, so hopefully will maybe get some answers soon. And at least if they decide it's not MS after all they might agree on what is causing it and give me some treatment.   Will keep you posted, but thanks again for giving me the courage to go back and keep fighting for answers

• quick question re muscles

i was just wondering if it is possible for ms to affect muscles in polar ways? what i mean is, sometimes the muscles in the right hand side of my body are too weak to function. and other times they are totally seized up, and i cannot straighten my leg or uncurl my fingers.   many thanks     bb x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.