The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Crafty Cow

Awkward bitch my life with MS

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Crafty Cow

I keep meaning to share this with you, but the other week I bought this book from ebay and loved it!

It's a type of autobiography with a comical twist by the author Marlo Donato Parmalee

In 2004, at the age of 32, Marlo was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, the most common neurological disease amongst young adults today. From diagnosis her attitude has been 'forget MS, I still look hot!'She has worked with the MS Society and charities such as Attitude is Everything to raise awareness for MS and other disabling conditions.

The book highlights how she has dealt with pain, the scary aspects of lack of control in not very nice situations and how she has gained a life with MS being there but not ruling it.

A great boost to anyone feeling a bit down and inspirational to us all, if you have MS or not!

Definitely worth a read x

• Like 2

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

Mal

Sounds good , takes me ages to read anything these days , the print

goes fuzzy after just ten minutes , but just ordered it from Amazon

Mal x

Rama

Just bought it for my kindle (I struggle to read books these days as my hands get really fatigued trying to hold the book open).

Gill x

Crafty Cow

Ahhh great both of you. You won't be disappointed. I struggle to keep focused when I am reading, but I read it in a matter of days. The print is slightly larger than usual books too, which helps the old eyes to focus. I am sure you will relate to a few things she says.

Enjoy! X

• Like 1

YorkshirePudding

Thanks Sam, I have heard about this book, but your post reminded me so I too bought it.

Sue

• Like 1

Crafty Cow

See, I am useful sometimes lol x

• Like 2

Rama

Hi Sam, I have just returned from a wee break - so while my husband was taking our dog for long walks I was curled up with my kindle. I read 'Awkward Bitch - My Life with MS' in the first couple of days. I really enjoyed it. There were things she wrote about that I thought 'Yes - I've experienced that' or 'I do that too'.

A really good read - so thanks for recommending it.

Gill x

• Like 1

Crafty Cow

Really glad you enjoyed it, I had one of them moment s the other day when I started thinking back to something she had written.

Nice to be of help

Sam xx

• Like 1

Mal

My copy came the other day along with a new HD , not even looked at yet , having difficulty

reading the HD manual never mind a book lol

• Like 1

lala

I finished it last night, really enjoyed it. Although she lives in a completely different world to me, I could relate to a lot of what she described! Thanks for the book Sam xx

• Like 1

Crafty Cow

You are welcome, glad you enjoyed it x

Muirie

I feel like I'm missing out. I need to get buying (although wife controls the finances so I'll have to check with her first!)

• Like 1

Crafty Cow

Good woman! Lol :-D

carole58

i read this last year. she has a cool lifestyle doesnt she?

all flying to milan, new york, paris for fashion shows.

then playing music with her partner.

hmm we're not twins seperated at birth after all.

• Like 1