The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
PaulX

Google login

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lurking
PaulX

So the Google login is just that, another means to logon?

There is no option to push status's or blogs to and from a G+page?

It seems perhaps less useful than the options under Twitter, where there seems to be the option of some two way synchronisation.

It is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just a thought really.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Sluggish
Marina

Hi Paul (nice to see you again! :hippy: )

Yes, the Google login is just that, another means to login, same as with Twitter or Facebook.

I'm not aware of any TWO-way sync with Twitter or FB? If logged in with either, you can "like" or Tweet a topic to your FB or Twitter page, but can't post any FB posts or Twitter tweets to the forum as topics or posts. Or am I misunderstanding what you meant?

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Lurking
PaulX

You can post your status as a Tweet and you can pull the photo and bio from Twitter down to the forum, so there is a bit of sync possible there, though I turned all that off.

You can see on the "Manage Twitter ...." tab there are a handful of options where as on the Google one, there is just the one.

Anyway you have clarified it for me. Thanks.

And Hi, it is good to be back.

My life is the right way up again. :lol:

• Like 1

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Sluggish
Marina

That might be as the whole Twitter thing is different to FB or Google +1.

You should, though, also be able to use your FB photo as your forum one, ditto "About me" text, unless FB have changed things yet again.

As I don't use Google +1, I hadn't tested it to know what it can or can't pull in, so thanks for the info about it!

• Like 1

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Lurking
PaulX

As far as FB is concerned, they know nothing about my MS, so i tend to keep it well away from anything. I couldn't comment on what is and isn't possible.

G+ is a bit of a lame duck anyway, which is a shame as i quite like it.

What have we found?

The same old fears.