The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Larisa

aching and twitching legs are driving me mad.

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Larisa

Hello folks. Dont normally post but am always reading them. Advice and wise words needed please. I've had issues with my legs for some time well over a year now. They ache and twitch on a daily basis. Some days I feel like I've run a marathon where in reality I've not moved off the sofa. I'm taking pregablin .I suppose my real worry is that my ms has moved up a notch from rrms to spms. And it scares me!!! Im still driving, working and generally maintaining a house hold but im finding it difficult. :wave3:

Mal

Hi Larisa

I have the same problem and not found much relief

though my doctor did up my dose of pregablin and it helped a bit

and has stopped me continually moving my legs all the time lol

maybe your doing too much?

hope somebody comes along with some good suggestions!

Mal

Larisa

Thanks mal, how much pregablin are you on. Im taking 500mg a day. I know I need to slow down but I dont want to feel defeated .

davslav

Hi all from NZ,

I had that problem untill I tried and still take 0.5 mg Clonazepam tablet, one at night.As I'm in a wheelchair I can't streach my legs.For pain I take 60mg continus 2 tablets a day ,but some people can't tolerite it.

Mal

Thanks mal, how much pregablin are you on. Im taking 500mg a day. I know I need to slow down but I dont want to feel defeated .

Only been on pregablin for about six weeks so i'm on the build up , i take 400mg and expect

that will go up again in two weeks time when i see my GP .......not sure what the dose will eventually go up too ?

I'm SPMS btw

Hi davlav , thanks for the heads up , ill mention Clonazepam when i next see my GP

Mal x

Edited by Mal

Larisa

Thanks mal , I sort of self prescribe increase and decrease as an when I need to. This is the highest dosage I've been on . Guess a call to the ms nurse is called for. As im pretty new to this unpredictable thing called ms the thought of this relapse becoming permanent worries me .

davslav

Hi Mal,,,, have you tried Clonazepam ?? that low dose is realy great so that my GP said its to low but I haven't up it yet cose it still working OK.Spending most of the time in wheelchai is not fun especialy when my leg is jumping .

• Like 1

Mal

Hi Mal,,,, have you tried Clonazepam ?? that low dose is realy great so that my GP said its to low but I haven't up it yet cose it still working OK.Spending most of the time in wheelchai is not fun especialy when my leg is jumping .

Thanks i'm going to ask my GP about it , the next time i see her

Mal x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Restless legs syndrome

I have suffered from rls in a minor way for some years and have managed it with amiltriptylene.  3 weeks ago I underwent knee replacement surgery and over the last few days my rls has returned but very severely.  Medication is not making any difference and I am not getting hardly any sleep.  Obviously strenuous exercise is out of the question due to the surgery.  Does anyone have any advice as to what can help?  Feeling quite desperate!!

in General Discussion about MS

• Muscle twitching

Hi all I have been diagnosed with MS for 18 months (remitting relapsing) and the last five weeks I have had muscle twitching! This has me really worried about motor neurone disease!! Seeing neurologist in 3 weeks!! Seen 4 different drs and they have tried to reassure me but it hasn't!! They all said it would be highly rare. Spoke to ms nurse and also said it would be extremely rare. Does anyone else have twitches. Grateful for any replies

• Pain in the legs

So here we go again, the leg pain seems to be back and back for good this time. I have been looking through the previous treatments I have been put on from 2010 to 2014.   Amitriptyline Baclofen Gabapentin   None of them worked very well and some were worse than others, in terms of side effects. At the time the side effect was generally worse than the pain, so I just stopped the drugs and got on with it.   But that is getting less and less easy, the pain is more and there is an increase in spasticity. Not to mention fatigue. All the above three increased fatigue, caused stomach problems and worse.   I have until now been leading something that approximates a normal life but the end of that is looming on the horizon unless I can find something to ease if not stop altogether these symptoms.   Paul

• Twitching

Hi guys,   Having a bad day today - work + fatigue + pain and arms and legs that don't want to work. Decided on a nice relaxing bath but it just made m legs feel weirdly uncomfortable, can't explain the feeling exactly,then get out with jelly legs!   Roll on neuro app!   Anyway, about the twitching, does this happen when you are active or just when you are relaxing? I've had the odd one at work and quite scary, one was my arm and head! Mostly though they are when I am relaxing. At the moment probably only maybe 5-6 a day, sometimes more and mostly in my legs.   Just want to know your experiences of this.   Thanks   Katie

• ON and driving

Hello everyone! Please can I have some advice? I have developed optic neuritis, this is my first bout of it and at the moment it's just painful and absolutely no change to my vision. It's just in my left eye. I'm aware that I have to tell dvla of this and I'm already on a 3 year restricted licence- is this likely to effect my being allowed to drive? Thank you X

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.