The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Mal

BBC1 TODAY Jack Osbourne talk about living with MS

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mal

Got this from the MS Society , should be interesting

Don’t forget to tune in to BBC1 at 5.05pm today to hear Jack Osbourne talk about living with MS for the first time on UK TV.

The TV personality found out he had MS in 2012 and describes diagnosis as his “scariest moment”.

Jack will be appealing for people to donate to the MS Society. The money we raise will be spent across the MS Society’s work, including our groundbreaking research programme, our helpline and our grants for family breaks and vital equipment.

• Like 1

sharron

my partner and I,will be watching this later,raising money and awareness will be a good thing for msers, x

Nick

Thanks Mal, I will try and remember to tune in (or is that switch on?)

Nick

Just another Warrior...........

lulubabe

I watched this very short programme. It wasnt that informative. But was good for an awareness of MS!!

Vanessa x

lala

I watched too and although any appeal is better than none, I did think it concentrated on rrms a bit too much, not much mention of spms or ppms. Hey ho every little helps I guess.

Nick

Its all a bit of a balancing act. I didn't think it was that good for people who saw it who are newly diagnosed ...........But of course it was specifically aimed at the general public for both fund raising and to raise awareness of MS in general. Using a celebrity was a 'vote catching' tactic and in that respect I suspect was fairly effective. It was a very short film and trying to explain the huge complexities of the many different forms of MS would possibly have been counter productive. Let's face it anything helps!

Nick

• Like 1

Just another Warrior...........

Comfortably_Numb

I thought it was excellent to raise basic awareness of MS and I could relate to the problems described. It was exactly what me and my husband needed to hear at the moment and really helped us after a difficult weekend. My feelings are the MS is misunderstood and that society is generally unsure how to treat people when they know they have MS. Sadly, charities do need to be cool to raise money, and I think Jack Osbourne is pretty cool so it can only be a good thing.

And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me.

Shine on until tomorrow. Let it be.

derby42

i thought he went off for stem cell treatment quite recently, how did this go?

derby x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Claiming DLA whilst living abroad

ADMIN NOTE, January 2024: The situation for claiming disability benefits when abroad has changed since this topic was first posted. Please see the latest information at the bottom of this topic in post #21.     Hi,   I know that their are several Forum members that live abroad, so I thought this may be of interest to anyone who may have lost their disability benefits after moving to Cyprus.   Fight to reinstate benefits from UK AN online petition has been set up to press the UK government to extend the payment of benefits to Britons living in other EU countries and Switzerland. The e-petition link is: Petition the Prime Minister to reinstate those benefits ( DLA, CA, AA) removed from expats. There is also a campaign started by expats living in France & Spain which will give a little up to date information, they are asking for people to join their campaign.   Make your voice heard on this issue. Join the campaign on Facebook: Link from Face Book to Petition   Extract from another article   A European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruling on October 18, 2007 declared that the UK had illegally stopped paying benefits, including carers allowance, disability living allowance and attendance allowance by over-riding existing exportability rules.   As such, anyone currently based in the UK receiving these benefits will be able to export certain components if they choose to relocate within another EEA state or Switzerland.   However, it should be pointed out that for those expats seeking for reinstatement of these benefits, the Department of Works and Pensions is 'still considering the legal implications of paying benefit to people who are already living in another EEA state or Switzerland who wish to claim from abroad'.   We have taken this issue up with our previous UK constituent MP, who has approached the exportability co-ordinator of the Department of Work and Pensions' Disability and Carers Service on our behalf - only to receive the same standard response as quoted above.   It appears, therefore, that Mr Gordon Brown and his cronies are doing everything in their power to ensure that those people - unlawfully robbed of their legal entitlement to an exportable benefit - continue to be prevented from receiving any monies due to them.

in A Survivor's Guide to Multiple Sclerosis

• yesterday thigh muscles went completley weak,today they hurt like hell.........

hello everyone........i havnt been diagnosed with ms..but am having test.....the one where they put the needles in your muscles !! - anyway yesterday,my legs went completley weak and shakey,litteralycouldnt bear my weight,but subsided after about 1 hour,but then felt really weak the rest of the night......and today the muscles in my thighs are so tender,like ive run a marathon,anyone had this ?

in General Discussion about MS

• Went back to the neurologist today

Went to the neuro and I will be getting another MRI in the fall because he didn't like the amount of spots on my last one. And he might take me off tecfidera and put meon some once a month iv treatment. I'm thinking he suspects something more than RRMS.

• neuro appointment today!

Hi Everyone,   My neuro appointment has finally come around. My biggest concern is not being taken seriously as I know many of you have had to go back numerous times. I was also not really taken seriously when I saw the neuro 5 years ago.   Any advice?   Thanks,   Katie x

• 1st rebif injection today

Hi all. Thought I would bring you all up to date with me.   Had my rebif training today and did the 1st injection which I might add BLOODY HURT!!   had the injection about 11am once I did it the nurse couldnt get out of my house quick enough lol.   Felt very woozy about 5 minutes later but luckily enough cleaner turned up and took my mind off it. Wen she left I felt instantly shattered plus injection site still hurting. Still feel woozy and tired after an afternoon nap.   Well next next injection on friday.   Vanessa xx

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.