The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
sharron

body temperature ?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

sharron

does ms play a part in body temperature ? I have no cold or flu symptons always feeling the cold,ive got the heating on full ,and family are moaning its too hot !!,and stripped of to the bare minium !! tc guys xx

lala

Hi Sharron

Hope you had a good trip? Yes my body's thermostat is broken. I'm either freezing or boiling hot, no happy medium at all. Don't know if it's connected to the ms, but never used to be this awkward (well in temp terms anyway!). Not got any helpful tips, hopefully someone else will?!

Hope you warm up soon

Lx

Crafty Cow

Hi Sharron,

Despite not having a dx myself, one of the things that was evident, but didn't realize just how much it was linked, was my inability to control my body temperature. Some days I can only get warm by having a bath, but equally, I can have a cup of tea in the morning, and feel like I am going to spontaneously combust, and have to go and stand outside to cool down. Last winter I would come in from the cold and walk around in my coat for about an hour before I could brave taking it off foe fear of being cold. I can't tolerate the central heating on too warm as it makes my symtoms worse. So now, what I do is set it so it's tolerably low, takes the edge off the cold, but not enough to have a negative effect on my symptoms, and if I am cold I just run a bath and get in for a ten minutes whilst I warm back up again.

It's all good fun isn't it eh?

Sam xx

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

Mal

Yup it dose with me too

i have problems when its hot or cold ,

there is a little HERE . about it

Mal x

sharron

thanks guys for the replys ,my son has told me off a thermal blanket so I will invest in one of them.i had a amazing time lala didn't want to come back home,paying for it now tho !! lol xx

• Like 1

The Dragonfly

Hi Sharron,

I have this problem, but when I am too hot, my symptoms come out in force. Really fatigued and my fingers get red, painful and hot. I need to hold ice packs to cool them down. But I also do not like too much cold. My feet are constantly ice cold. Tried the bath to get them warm, but my feet don't like too much heat, go figure, very weird.

Been in town today, where everyone was wearing large coats, i was in a thin top made of a special material to keep me cool . I stuck out like a sore thumb. It was beautiful and warm outside. Where's the snow........

J

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Body temperature

Hello friends I am a student and i believe i have found a treatment i hope we can ask the medical board to allow. I believe that adjusting body temperature will help in treating MS. Just like when a person goes outside when its cold. They forget about what they were thinking and focus on the cold. The reason is their veins get more narrow which stores more oxygen and makes them focus. I am having made a needle that adjusts blood temperature so veins are more narrow and stores more oxygen. The needle also heats up the blood and releases oxygen. It makes a person warm when its cold outside and cold when its warm. Theres no drugs. Its only a needle that heats and cools blood. I only ask for advocates to ask the medical board to allow the device to be used. I promise it will help a lot. Please reply  I hope you like what I share James

in General Discussion about MS

• Moving your body!

I have lived with MS  14 years ( now SPMS), I’m housebound but I’m not in wheelchair! I walk and balance a bit dodgy !! I try to exercise so I don’t seize up and I teach other warriors exercises too !! It’s great mentally & physically! It increases fitness, endurance, strength, flexibility, gait, posture, balance, coordination and mood ! Decreasing spasisity, pain, weight, fatigue!! If you have MS like me ... If your balance is not good... If your walking is dodgy... If your body is seizing up... If your symptoms are exacerbating... DO THIS, SEATED, STANDING, LYING ONLY: “Multiple Sclerosis Fitness with Jayne MSer & Warrior “: YouTube U.K. Try if you are able to 💋Big hug 💋 Encouragement, inspiration and help is all I want to give!!!!!    

• Body temperature

Hi everyone, I've been sitting in the lovely warm sun this morning, reading my Kindle, sunglasses & hat on when I decided it was time to move around. Well! I felt really unwell & was glad to take a proffered strong hand. Feeling much better now in the cool of the sitting room and after a long drink. Just made me wonder if ms can make you lose your temperature awareness & control. This would also explain my sudden sneezing fits! Any views out there? Jill x

• weird sensation over body when drying hair

Hi, I don't know why but I've just noticed that when I'm drying my hair (quite vigourosly) I'm getting weird tingly sensations all over my body. I can replicate whenever I rub my scalp.   Has anyone else ever experienced this ?   Steve

• Temperature control

Hello everyone, it's a very long time since I've been on here but I've got a curious question to ask you.   I seem to be having trouble controlling my temperature. I get very cold and my fingers go prune like, but then I suddenly go hot and sometimes sweat. It doesn't always come over me in a wave so I am not sure about putting it down to menopause, it can be quite sudden. Then I can go cold again.   Does anyone else suffer from this and do you know if it is MS related.   Thanks.   Jill.

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.