The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
carole58

live music

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

carole58

i love watching live bands.

over my many years i've seen the stones at knebworth, dylan at blackbush, and loads of glastonbury festivals.

last year i got tickets to see roger waters for my husbands birthday. he was fantastic!!

next up is elbow in april.

i went to the first festival number six in 2012, went again this year and would love to go again but dont know if i can afford it.

the best thing about getting older is that you have loads of memories and music brings them flooding back!

carole x

The Dragonfly

Hi carole,

I went to see Kelly Clarkson last October with my 15 year old. We had an awesome time, and she was a very good entertainer. Guess who was singing (I am tone deaf but no one could hear me) and dancing like there was no tomorrow, while my daughter just laughed at me, teenage embarassment and all. It was pre diagnosis, very much suspected for years and was going through anxiety issues; oh my dear heart was thumping with the sound but was determined to have a great time and we did.

I have seen Bryan Adams and U2 in my teens.

At the moment I have got my paints out to do some paintings I need to finish, and always listen to music. Right now I have got The Eagles playing, and yes I sing the whole time, no one's home.

Great Memories definetly,,,,

Jennifer x

carole58

hi jennifer

i really should start painting because i bought loads of new materials but the christmas pressies are taking up my painting space.

i really recommend festival no 6. it is at portmeirion which is a stunningly beautiful place.

if you go be sure to book a disabled camping spot. you can park the car near to tent or if you are a glamper use a camper van.

the access people there are really helpful. whilst she was dealing with me the access lady got a phone call, excused herself and dashed off in her landrover.

the call was from a lady in a self propelled wheelchair who had managed to push herself to the other side of the site but then had nothing left to get back.

10 minutes later the landrover turned up with lady and wheelchair, they were both laughing and i thought how nice for the wheelchair user to have been helped and had it made an enjoyable experience.

the music is not all the usual arena bands and there are some interesting acts like john cooper clarke

carole x