The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Herecomestrouble

Any oldies here........

35 posts in this topic Last Reply

Herecomestrouble

Are there any 'oldies' from the old MSS forum lurking about on here?

I am all for making new friends, but it would be nice to hear from some oldies....I am not using my old user name on here, so please don't think that you don't know me because my name has changed.

By the way, I like this site very much and I hope it thrives.

HCT xxx

I will decide what to put here one day...........brace yourselves........

The Dragonfly

Hello HCT,

There are some from the old board, you've already told me that you didn't recognize my MSS name. I have noticed that the ones you may know have not been on recently.

Jen x

rosie-b

I can come clean and say I have tended to have loitered a lot. :what:

I would agree and say a few of the oldies seem to have stopped saying any thing.

Edited by rosie-b

Rosie B

The Dragonfly

Lol

Herecomestrouble

That is such a shame as this seems like a much friendlier place.

HCT

woblyboy

Here I is xx

• Like 2

Herecomestrouble

Here I is xx

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk xxx

Poppy

Hi,I'm back! Still pretty crap at all this tecno stuff ,but will try and keep at it this time! I have been reading stuff on here, just not logging in....sorry!

Poppy xXx

• Like 2

woblyboy

Hi Poppy......Been a while

Wb x

Herecomestrouble

Hi Poppy

How are you.... :wavebunny:

xxx

Nindancer

Coo, and I clicked this link cos I thought you were referring to age! lol

In terms of MS, I'm fairly new :what:

Sonia x

• Like 1

woblyboy

Hi Sonia,we all started somewhere and what an effin' bad day that was.What the Oldie 'Lady' was/is refereeing to is/are ye Olde Boreds.Despite selotape,spit and WD40 they ground to a standstill and the glittering new Boreds sputtered into life after a troubled conception.Not all of the doddery old farts made the difficult transition into the 19th century,but there is a whiff of liniment and Werthers Originals sometimes.BE AFRAID,VERY AFRAID........THEY'RE OUT THERE

Wb

• Like 2

Herecomestrouble

Hey Baron Stevie boy, who are you calling 'Oldie Lady' you cheeky little toe-rag!

HCT

xxx

woblyboy

HCT......Nice initials ,wonder what I can make with them? Horrible Cantankerous Tart..................Happy New Year.........H,good to see you gracing us with your presence......Seriously

Wb xx

Herecomestrouble

Cantankerous Tart yes, but HORRIBLE :yuck: how dare you, your a carbuncle of a man!

H

xxx

• Like 2

woblyboy

How did you know my uncle was fat?

S xx

• Like 3

Herecomestrouble

I can come clean and say I have tended to have loitered a lot. :what:

I would agree and say a few of the oldies seem to have stopped saying any thing.

Hi Rosie,

At least you are here, I like this place, but I still need to give myself a shove now & then.

HCT

xxx

woblyboy

H,can I liken the Oldies to vultures circling way up waiting to land when the pickings are fat?Why were Ye Olde Boreds so vibrant?

S xx awaiting a kicking

• Like 2

Herecomestrouble

Why would I kick you Steve............mind you it is worth consideration.

There were a lot of nice folk on the old bored, they were just hammered into silence by the self-appointed thought police, all they did was stop any fun & make the mods job difficult.

We'll soon see if any of the 'thought police' moved now won't we. :wchair:

HCT xxx

woblyboy

With the very sensible T+Cs on here we can say,"Piss off bossy arse" if any of them land and try it on.We never had that option did we? I don't think they'd cope with the opinions of the masses.and all the wonderful words we can use

S xx

• Like 1

Herecomestrouble

Yay Stevie boy.........no wonder you suggested that I should come here to play.

And I came in disguise, I should have know it was a nice safe place that in touch with reality.

HCT or just H

xxx

Sluggish
Marina

we can say,"Piss off bossy arse" if any of them land and try it on.

No you can't :tongue2:

It would depend on the context and tone in which it might be said. It would be OK if it was obvious you're teasing and joking in a friendly way. It would not be OK if it was intended to be rude or unfriendly as it could be perceived to be attacking, which in turn might lead to flaming :flowerface:

• Like 2

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Sluggish
Marina

Just to further clarify: http://ms-people.com/forum/topic/15215-disruptive-abusive-insolent-or-attacking-posts/

That means that if anybody comes on this forum and starts having a go at you or other members, then they risk being banned. It's happened once before and we'd have no hesitation in banning anyone should it happen again (depending on how far it goes).

So you should hopefully feel a bit at ease that we wouldn't let the suchlike go too far, should anyone start being abusive to you :hippy:

• Like 2

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Herecomestrouble

Marina you are a breath of fresh air.

xxx

• Like 1

JellyBellyKelly

I would just like to point out that a carbuncle is also used to describe a large red gem as well.

Now Wb - I will leave it up to you to decide if I meant you were a precious jewel or if I meant you were large and red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stir:

JBK xx

• Like 1