The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
PaulX

A small amount of good news

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Tired
PaulX
  • Like 1

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

The Dragonfly

Oh, I thought it good news about you.

Well, that's good on the alcohol front cause I went mad a couple weeks ago on a night out and can't count how many I drank. Haha, but I know I had fun.

Tired
PaulX

Well it is sort of about me. :rolleyes:

Its good to know that I'm not making matters worse with the odd glass or two.

I wouldn't risk going so far as losing count, my head would explode.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

The Dragonfly

I'm not much of a drinker, I only do that once if not less a year.

Tired
PaulX

I just can't anymore so I don't even try. I have to be very careful.

Its a pain really. I used to like the odd glass or two.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

lala

Is good news for those who still can! I'm sadly not one of them anymore, any alcohol in any quantity brings on a headache from hell :( :wine::stars:

Mal

My drinking days are well behind me , but the beer monster inside of me

has been known to re - appear on special social occasions :wine:

Mal x

Nindancer

We, I kinda nicked a tip, someone posted elsewhere, from their MS nurse, that a glass of red wine helps with tremors.....and I can report back that it does indeed alleviate my tremor :wine:

Sadly, I don't manage more than one glass as too many blinkin' meds!

Sonia x

• Like 2

Tired
PaulX

I can vouch that red wine does seem to calm things down. A couple even more.

• Like 1

What have we found?

The same old fears.

cazza

So glad i can finish the Christmas Gin, without too much guilt!

• Like 1

*A Christmas Carole*

Mal

On my way out to buy a bottle of red wine :bellydancer: i better get changed first :whistle:

• Like 3

JellyBellyKelly

Funny though how I have always found that alcohol makes the permenant tingle in my feet worse. I may have to go get some alcohol and re-investigate. All in the name of science of course :yuck:

JBK x

• Like 3

Rama

I found that post MS alcohol affected me much quicker. Can't go mad the way I did in my youth. The odd glass of wine is enough for me these days. But it's good to know that it's not doing me any harm.

• Like 1

Nindancer

But that might be down to meds?

I was always a lightweight tho, so now it just gets me a bit quicker :spin:

Sonia x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now