The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
PaulX

Brain Dead

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lurking
PaulX

I find one of the effects of MS is that it gives the confidence one hell of a kicking.

I'm not thick but I seem to have been operating well within my comfort zone for quite some time now.

Not only is the immune system lunching on my brain but it doesn't seem to work so well any more. It is definitely getting dusty.

Well I have stumbled across some short distance learning courses from some top UK universities. And they are free.

They look an great way to stretch the old grey matter without committing too much time or any money.

The level seems to be pitched at university entrance level, certainly the one I'm going too tackle is.

Paul

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses

Edited by PaulX
  • Like 1

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Nindancer

Good on you Paul :tellingu: I'm impressed, updates on your progress will be required. :thumbsup:

I'm dragging my heels at the moment with exams I need to take, to keep working at the level I want to. I flunked the first one a year ago (Dec 2012) and that was the day that started the MS ball rolling so I really need to pull my socks up! I'm a contractor in the financial services sector, without the exams I'll be limiting myself, I already have exams but they've changed now. On the flipside, I have over 18 years experience so it won't matter for all companies.

Sonia x

Crafty Cow

Thanks for that Paul, I have just had a look and signed up for one. It's a nice easy start easy start, human anatomy, but as a nurse who has been out of the profession for a while, and who has spent the last fifteen year before that mending bones and replacing joints in theatre, I thought it would be nice to do something that refreshes the grey matter before expanding it further.

Thanks for the link!

Sam x

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

lala

Thanks for the link Paul, looks great. I had been looking at www.coursera.org but this one looks even better! Best of luck with your chosen course :)

The Dragonfly

Thanx Paul, I'll take a good look. It does knock ones confidence.

JellyBellyKelly

thats for the link - I will have a nosy. I started to do a degree in physics through the open university - not for work, just for fun. Then the government brought in fee playing and suddenly the cost of doing the degree went from £4000 - £5000 spread over 5 years to £20,000+. I just could not afford that. I love learning stuff but so often I find the cost is just too much which saddens me. :thumbdown:

JBK x :book: