The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
sharron

bladder infection

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

sharron

saw doc yesterday ,i have a bladder infection,so started a course of antibiotics,my fatique is loads woorse,i could sleep for britain as well,hot flushes.iam under the eye doc for double vision due to go back in march to see him,the double vision has got woorse.is this ms playing up and having abit of a party ? any advice would be greatly appreciated.tc xx

Procrastinating
Stumbler

A bladder infection will activate your immune system and that in turn affects your MS symptoms.

This is known as a "pseudo-exacerbation". Basically, it is a relapse but it will only hang around until the bladder infection clears. Then your immune system will calm down and your MS should return to where it was before the infection.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

sharron

thanks for that stumbler,i did have a quick look at the internet which wasnt really helpful !!!! lol and confused me a little ,which doesnt take much these days,lol thanks again tc xx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Bladder urgency

Hi there, im struggling to get much enjoyment out of life as I can't go anywhere without a toilet. Would love to go for walks, to gigs etc. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anything help?   Rachey

in General Discussion about MS

• HIV infection & reduced risk of ms

Have you been reading the News items on this site? I am so glad that at last a rational, logical theory about the development of ms is being proposed. It makes sense to me that there is a viral explanation. I await with some anticipation the findings of the Inspire trial (part of the Charcot project). Hats off to Profs Gold, Pender, the 'mousedoctor' and their teams who have been able to think outside the box. So many have fallen by the wayside into paternalism, quackery or moneymaking, but not them!

• A sort of bladder problem.

I could not see how to anon so here goes.   I have to use tena lady due to a leakage issue........now I have an extra problem.......my urine 'wicks' it's way up between my cheeks & into that little dip at the top!   What on earth can I do about this...........please help, I feel dirty and self-conscious about it.   HCT xxx

• water infection

Hi all hope are all well i had a bit of a rough time last thursday and friday last week, my balance wasn't to good and i felt so down i just kept crying?on the friday my balance was off my vision was being a bit of a pain have to wear my glasses more now, so rather than ring nurse to be told get water tested i got that done it had slight protein in it.,once id explained the situation dr was happy to start antibiotics,he sent the rest of sample to lab,which turned out to be fine so think i was just having a down day, im finding alot lately my legs feel so weak and can be quite painfull,will explain to nurse monday. susan x

• iv steroids and bladder prob

Hello again folks I had a dose of steroids on Monday and began to feel a bit rotten yesterday. My bladder in particular was causing me trouble, up and down to the loo constantly.   This continued through the night, i was needing to pee all the time and i did actually go, it wasn't just the feeling of needing to go.   Has this got something to do with the steroids? I also had headache all the on Wednesday which is unlike me but its my bladder causing me the most trouble. I also started on tolterodine a week ago.

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.