The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
cazza

P.C Madness!

26 posts in this topic Last Reply

cazza

Well now i've heard it all................

My three year old neice came to see me with her mum today, mum say's go on Erin tell auntie what you have learned at nursey today, so little Erin starts to sing the nursey rhyme she has been taught......it goes....

Baaa baaa WHITE sheep

have you any wool,

yes sir yes sir,

three bag full.

Mum tells me she has been told this is a new "directive" from the education secretary to nurseries and infant schools..."to eliminate racism"!!!!!!!!!

I give up, what the hell is this country coming to.

*A Christmas Carole*

Mal

Now Im offended ! ;)

The Dragonfly

Haha, you'd laugh at what we used to sing in daycare centres in Canada, we included all colours.........!

• Like 1

lala

Quite a sad state of affairs! I find it really odd that at my sons primary school the children aren't allowed to hug or hold hands! Apparently it's for their personal safety, I think maybe it's taking the joy and carefree element out of childhood. Here endeth my rant!

• Like 4

Lurking
PaulX

I grew up in the 60's and 70's, God only knows what these lentil eating tree huggers would have made of that.

My world would be alien to them.

They need a harsh dose of reality.

BTW, I'm all for trees.

• Like 2

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

cazza

Might be Alien Paul but it was a nicer, simpler, non pc time to be in.

• Like 2

*A Christmas Carole*

Nick

Here Here! As somebody who's been around a bit and lived in other cultures I simply fail to understand where all this stuff comes from. It's sort of self invented and never seems to emulate from any rules, regulations or law. Naturally those that promlogate such rubbish often blame these same 'rules and regulations' but invariably on being questioned you find this is not the case.

My own feeling is that we are now in a position where this 'I know best management culture' is a direct result of a whole generation of over management. A child of the 60's myself the joys of having an unfeted county upbringing will always be with me and I simply feel so sorry that such freedom has been lost to the vast majority of young people.

Oh well that's my afternoon mid age rant over!

Nick

• Like 3

Just another Warrior...........

The Dragonfly

I hate conformity, it seems like we can't do or say anything without it affecting someone. My kids refuse to bend the rules because school won't allow them to, it affects them at home, because of school. I tell them, some rules are meant to be broken, they still won't listen. I teach them what's right and wrong, this culture of rules and fear mongering drives me nuts. I grew up with PC, which is fine to a point. But when it takes over your life that's when it's wrong. Why do you think kids these days haven't really learned any social skills, cause they are scared of rule breaking and speaking their own mind. It will blow up in their faces, government crap.

Sorry for my rant, PMS or just too many rules......lol

• Like 2

Procrastinating
Stumbler

It's good to see these points of views in black and white, sorry, in writing. :lol4:

:moonieman:

• Like 4

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

cazza

The only PC i had as a kid was PC399 Gaunt, the village bobby, who knew everyone and walked the village each day, stopping for tea at nearly every house!!!!

• Like 2

*A Christmas Carole*

sharron

like cazza ,had a villiage bobby,who knew all the kids in the villiage,kept an eye on them,hardly any political correctness we all turned out ok.so many rules now ,cant say that,cant sing that,nursery rythms are as old as the hills,keep to the original is what i say. when i was growing up ,hardly any pc,but loads of respect for others,this day and age ,pc every where,hardly any respect for anybody or any thing it seems !!!! might just be me getting old !!! lol. my rant over !! lol tc xx

• Like 1

Procrastinating
Stumbler

And, that's where the problem lies.

We took discipline out of the hands of the village bobby and the education system and what is the result? Respect has died!

Europe and the Court of Human Rights has got a lot to answer for.

:moonieman:

• Like 2

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Great Dane

The one thing that bugs me is that is very rarely the one/s who could/should get offend by a non PC remark who complains - it is nearly always someone who overhears the remark being made, decides that someone could be offended, who complains to someone higher up the ranks who then turns it in to an issue with consequences.

One of my black friends used to introduce me as 'her sister the throwback' in the 80s - wonder what the PC crazies would make of that!!!!!

• Like 1

Nick

Thinking along the lines of what the PC Brigade might do to my favourite Cartoon.....Hagar.........(Also I have just noticed Great Dane's picture ) Instead of 'Hagar the Horrible' we could have 'Hagar the Harmonious" who like (the now reinvented Vikings) comes to Britain on a 'Cultural exchange visit'

The possibilities are endless!!

Nick

• Like 2

Great Dane

Hi Nick

My nickname at work by a certain client used to be Helga ie Hagar's wife - was I offended? No, I thought it was funny.

I have just booked tickets for the Viking exhibition at the British Museum and am really looking forward to see what my forefathers/mothers got up to.......apparently all the bad press they have gotten over time was well deserved. I still believe there must have been some nice ones too :lovehearts: - hope I'm one :wink2:

Great Dane x

• Like 1

Nick
post-1815-0-41320600-1393191861_thumb.jpg
Edited by Nick
  • Like 2

Great Dane

How apt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

Great Dane x

Nick

Thought you might like it!

sharron

pc gone mad !!! my son went and picked up a application form for the co op.there was a question asking what sexuality he was !!! never seen this on a application form before,regardless of his sexuality if he can do the job ,what does it matter ?.or do they have to employ the token gay ? pc has totally gone mad !! my son is straight just for the record ,lol xx

• Like 1

Nick

Well you can have great fun with all this! For example you could put 'Unsure' when asked such a question over sexuality.(How ridiculous!)

My favourite, is the "ethnic origin" one that seems to be completely incomprehensible to me.

After a lot of thinking, and having always felt that I was an 'ethnic minority' AND one that never appear on any form, I have my own answer. I simply put 'Indo European' This for me is correct as it describes my language and origins. I use english with a Norfolk dialect, Our modern English having most of its origins from Northern Europe (Friesian) and my particular'Tribe', part of the Gaulish Celts who came originally from Asia and the Middle East having first become the Anglo Saxons, again (What we now call Germany and Denmark.)

Now you might say, 'Why the ethnic minority' with a description like that, Well I spent all my younger life outside of the UK mainly working with many different cultures and learnt a rather different way from the average ' White British" so feel that my background and local tribe (Merchant Navy) sure as heck defines me as a minority!!

Its a laugh!!

Nick

• Like 2

JellyBellyKelly

As an irish red-head my father always said I was not so much white as a slight shade of blue!!!!!!!!! Should I take this to the European courts to have Blue added to the lists of colours?!?! :irishkiss:

JBK x

• Like 1

Great Dane

As I have married a Brit and have 2 children, I offered to buy them both a tshirt with the words 'A product of more than one EU country', but funnily enough they both refused. :lol2:

• Like 3

Nick

Very Funny!!! That's what you caller a cracker!

Nick

Lurking
PaulX

pc gone mad !!! my son went and picked up a application form for the co op.there was a question asking what sexuality he was !!! never seen this on a application form before,regardless of his sexuality if he can do the job ,what does it matter ?.or do they have to employ the token gay ? pc has totally gone mad !! my son is straight just for the record ,lol xx

Not sure I can remember, thanks to the MS. :spin:

• Like 2

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.