The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
David

The Face of MS

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

David

Hi All,

There is an MS awareness campaign building up for the 28th of May (world MS day) which you are free to join.

It is based on the no makeup selfie for cancer and has moroe williams (us chat show host) backing it as well as the MS trust, it will go across Facebook, twitter and instagram as well as other formats and is already global.

It is not just for MSers but those affected by MS so family etc.

Facebok link is https://www.facebook.com/events/224791047728399/

twitter hashtag is #thefaceofms

Thanks

Dave

Crafty Cow

Hi Dave,

Great idea, anything that can help get the word out there and make people try and understand ms is a bonus.

Hope it is successful!

Sam x

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

Nick

Thanks for the link Dave,

Nick

Just another Warrior...........

David

only us MSers can make it successful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Shooting pains - in face

Hi Everyone,   I am new to forums so please bare with me.    I have recently started getting a very sharp pain, almost like an electric shock going from my left hand side of my cheek up to my temple and can last for 30 secs to a min then disappear, it can be spasmodic i have also noticed that when i smile or laugh i get a feeling on the same side, equivalent to a 100 needles. Does anyone know or has experienced this?       

in General Discussion about MS

• Face numbness - not yet diagnosed

Hi Thought I'd come here for a bit of advice   I am 49 female and for the last few days have been experiencing numbness in my face - like when a dentist does a filling. My tongue and gums are also numb I have had numbness in the hands for years, possibly due to a compressed nerve in my neck (diagnosed as tennis elbow, then spondylosis via mri, my feet also tingle with strange feelings in my knees   I don't have any pain anywhere apart from occasional lower lumber and mid back pain.  I don't have any double vision, slurred speech. I walk a lot and keep relatively fit   I've done some research hence being here. I know that it generally affects younger people, but can arise in my age group.   I've read that if the problem is MS that it could take months/ years to get a proper diagnosis and that there isn't much treatment available.   Early next year I will be 50 and I am planning a massive long-awaited holiday to America and Canada, however, I am fully aware that if I go to the Drs and they refer me to a neurologist I then can't get travel insurance due to having an 'undiagnosed condition'   I've looked at the medicines available and they seem to prevent flare-ups by 30-50% but most of the treatment is physio, exercise, cognitive therapy etc  (self managed)    I don't know if I have MS, but if I go to the DRs and get a referral - then my 50th birthday gift won't happen    Any advice - have I read the treatments wrong - is there a point going to the Drs at this point -   how long do referrals take   Thanks for your help

• Face Numbness

Hi Guys   I'm experiencing face numbness on the top left side of my head. No pain just feels funny. Any ideas?   Thanks

• Face ache - what a pain!

I have had really painful bouts of facial pain just lately and it is horrible, (Trigeminal Neuralgia - I have been getting problems with this for quite a few years). I have also had a very painful eye as well (Optic Neuritis - one of my first symptons many years ago). I guess it is because I have been having a very busy and stressful time, I'm still visiting my mum every night in hospital and having to clear out her home every weekend, all of which are taking their toll.   It makes me feel like I have half a mouthful of bad teeth and gums and a red-hot needle sticking in my eye; both sets of pain are on the left side. Just as my lower face was settling down a little I had a trip to the dentist this morning and here it goes again...   My dentist is very understanding and my optician too, as he can see the damage done to the nerves when he uses an ophthalmoscope. What makes me mad it that my doctor always tells me that Optic Neuritis isn't painful, you 'just' lose your sight, and that Trigeminal Neuralgia is just occasional stabs. I think my pain is considered atypical but try telling that to my face!!!

• numb face

Hi all as you know think i am having a bit of a relapse at the moment one of my major things is i get numbness on the left side of my face the other day i got it in my whole face but its back to just the left side now, its worse near the corner of my mouth and its droped a little that side not a lot just more pulled downwards than normal maybe a couple of mm you wouldnt notice unless i pointed it out eeekkk I just keep checking in the mirror to check it hasnt got any worse. Will it get worse do you think ? :help2: Roll on thursday when i see neuro :0/ im scared,   Thanks Tracy Xxx

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.