The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
sammyb11973

Gilenya

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

sammyb11973

Hi everyone

Is anyone taking / taken gilenya and how did it go? Been offered this after a failure treatment of copaxone ? Thanx x

lala

Hi Sammy,

I am taking gilenya, been on it just over a week now. I had to go into hospital for my first dose, had an ECG done before and after and was monitored for 6 hours. My heart rate dipped slightly but came straight back up again.

I have to say compared to rebif, gilenya is so much better. Rebif made me feel j had a hangover everyday, without the fun of getting drunk!

Had a few side effects, itching and dizzy spells, but they are manageable and I feel ok. Obviously everyone reacts differently but so far so good for me.

I was a bit nervous starting it as I read up about all the side effects, but really needn't have worried! So much better than injecting and has really good results in trials at reducing relapses and disability. Good luck with your choice, hope that helps.

Lx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• From Tysabri to Gilenya?

I recently had my treatment schedule changed from 4 to 6 weekly in the hope that this will reduce my risk of pml. I'm jc+ and I've been on Tysabri for 5 years in June. I'm now considered high risk  ..1 in 125. I'm not comfortable with this so Im considering Gilenya or Tecfidera instead. Does anyone here have experience of either of these? Thankyou  x.

in General Discussion about MS

• Gilenya

Hi hope all are as well as can be,im still having problems with blood results,it now could be down to the baclofin i take? so ive to wean myself down to 30ml instead of 50ml,and been prescribed amitripline aswell, ive been having severe cramp pains in my legs which have reduced me to tears,my legs seem to be gettin stiffer as the day goes on they are hoping to get me back on daily gilenya again as im still alternate days,the warm weather or i should say the humidity has had me a wreck,ive also mentioned to my nurse yesterday that ive been having hot sensations on my back up towards my neck and sometimes down towards my hips? she said to keep i on this she at first thort shingles but it never lasts all day so mabe not, i really hope not as that doesnt sound very nice take care will keep updates xx

• Anyone on Gilenya?

Hi everyone - I hope you are all doing ok?   Had an appointment with my neuro last week, the clinical trial he was hoping to get meon has been cancelled by the drug company :(.   So we discussed the possibility of aubagio, but he was not keen to prescribe it - he is of the opinion it's not a very good drug. So he is now going to get me started on Gilenya, after a new MRI.   I just wondered if anyone here has any experiences of the drug? Be very grateful for any input you could give me.   Many thanks Lx

• Gilenya

Hi all hope you are as good as can be, i haven't posted on here in a while, as some will know i started on gilenya last april was a bit scary at first having blood test every month and just in general feeling awfull for weeks,well now i take tablets alternate days as everyday wasn't working may have been too strong? don't like to speak to soon but for now things have settled my last set of blood test are back within acceptable range my neuro is happy with this i just have to work on my balance and confidence which is at an all time low take care susan xx

• Gilenya, eye test

Hi all just an update , my eye test was fine, and my blood test were better,still have to have another test in a month but looks like im ok on gilenya some thing to be happy about for a change only took 4 months to settle susan xx

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.