The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
cazza

Dark times

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

cazza

Hello everyone, sorry not been around for a long time, as the title says, i have been in a "dark place" since Christmas time.I got myself so down, did something very silly and ended up in hospital.

Now back home with stacks of pills,support worker,CPN and Dr,i am heading in the right direction.

I feel so embarassed writing this, and seeing the actual words in black and white is really difficult.

This happens to other people, not me,i know this must sound pathetic, but things happen!

Anyway i hope you are all keeping as well as possible, i have really missed you guys and feel like i've let the side down, sorry, will try harder and get back on track.

May take me a while to read all i have missed, and catch up with what's happening to you all.

Needless to say i am happy to be back with you.

To the future :cheers:

*A Christmas Carole*

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Cazza, we're all capable of visiting that dark place as sometimes, just sometimes, the burden of MS, combined with the trials and tribulations of normal life, can become huge and over-powering.

But, you've shown the strength of character to visit that dark place and now you've returned.

So, welcome back

:moonieman:

• Like 3

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Nick

And we are happy to see you!!

Nick

• Like 2

Just another Warrior...........

Hezza

:hugs2: Cazza,

Good to have you back. You haven't let anyone down. Dark times happen to everyone. It takes strength and courage to get through those times and even more to talk about it.

Be gentle on yourself, we'll look forward to seeing you around the boards again.

xx

• Like 2

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Rama

Hi Cazza,

It is good to have you back. Please don't be so hard on yourself - you have let no-one down. I am sorry to hear you have been in such a dark place but so happy and relieved you have come out the other side. This disease is terrible thing and it is understandable that things get so dark at times. But always remember there are a host of people here who understand what it is like and we are all here to support each other.

Sending you hugs,

Gill xx

• Like 1

Mal

Hi Cazza

Glad to have you back , as others have already said , you have let no one down!

we all know about these dark times .

looking forward to seeing you around

Mal x

• Like 1

jayjill

We missed you, Cazza. Glad you're back and yes, it does take courage to be honest so thanks for your example. Jill :hearts_circle: xx

Edited by jayjill
  • Like 1

Nindancer

Aw Cazza, I'm sure you didn't do anything that hadn't crossed all our minds at some point, and I agree, there are certainly no apologies required!

Glad to hear you're OK and hopefully now you're back, you're getting a bit stronger

Sonia x

• Like 1

Great Dane

Hi Cazza

Thank you for being so honest - that really takes guts!

I am so pleased you are now in a better place as I am sure everyone else is - you have nothing to apologise for - good to have you back.

Great Dane x

• Like 1

The Dragonfly

Hi Cazza,

Sorry to hear you have had difficult days, but glad you're heading in the right direction.

Edited by The Dragonfly
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• DARK SPIRIT - A Short Poem

DARK SPIRIT I’m cast and confined in the shadow of a ghost A phantom formed from a former life Inside that gloom of sadness and anger What was bright now has been darkened What was solid is formless and fluid What was straight is twisted and tangled What’s gone what is and what’s to come All contained in an obscure reflection Everything I see hear think or do Is coloured in a shade of what’s been stolen

in General Discussion about MS

• in the dark

Hi all. Im 31. Originally from s/e england but lived in spain for 10 years. Over the last 3 years i have been experiencing different sensations. All started with pain in my left elbow and arm. Like a servere ache and shooting pains. I ignored it until my fingers in both hands were twitching on and off and my hands ached like mad. I went to a british gp when i had a dizzy attack and had what i call white ghosts in my right eye. Specsavers said my eyes were fine. My gp did blood tests cause she was worried about arthritis. Everything came back fine. In the mean time my legs were now aching and i was getting the most horrendous craps in my thighs in bed at night. My gp thought i was low on magnisium, potassium and other mineral salts. Suppliments made no difference. I went to my nhs spanish gp who was russian and horrible to have my bloods tested again and to be told ' your fine- you work'. I now have a spanish private gp who has done bloods that have come back fine and suggests i could go to a neurologist but he thinks its not ms. So i feel at the mo like im wasting peoples time but i know that the sensations im getting dont feel normal. I get a burning in the middle left of my back the most and my legs are spasuming a couple of times a day. My hands ache and i am soooo tired even after 8 hours.   Does this sound like it could be ms? Should i make the neuro appointment? Or am i wasting peoples time?   Thanks for your advice shelley:-)

• In a dark and lonely place right now

Everything I gone through is nothing compared to my husband wanting to leave me, as his head is all over the place. Its not fair what else can go wrong!!!

• STREAKS OF LIGHT IN THE DARK

Hi everyone   I was just wondering has anyone else ever had this wierd thing happen... when you switch light off and shut your eyes to go to sleep, bright flashes of light appear whilst your eyes are closed. When this was happening to me i would also feel my right eye dancing about under the eyelid.   Also i sometimes see a dark shape out of corner of my eye... and i could swear it was a person walking past but theres noone there. That happens quite often and still freaks me out if im in house on my own, cos i think oh my god who was that!! Does this happen to anyone else??   Thankfully my vision is improving, tho i still have some problems with it.   Lisa

• Worst and best times of day

What are people's worst and best times of day here?   I find, no matter how restful or stressful my day is, no matter whether I've prepared and cooked dinner or we've got a take-away, I am at my worst after eating dinner in the early evening. My legs lose the will to walk, and I have to drag myself around grabbing on to walls and furniture. Then if I sit down in a more comfortable seat for 20 minutes or so, I usually recharge somewhat.   My best time of day is mid morning. I can walk around the house and garden gingerly, but without needing a stick.   What about the rest of you?

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.