The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
moo me

That crawling sensation!

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

moo me

Okay, today and this is really driving me nuts now!

The ants are marching again and it started down my left ulnar nerve! Still going but think I've got used to it!

Then down my spine but not as noticeable, also in my feet! And occasionally in my legs?

I also get flashes in random areas?

Is this something you have experienced?

How long does this go on for?

M

Procrastinating
Stumbler

It's a common MS symptom, but there are treatments to address it. More details here :-

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/dysaesthesia.jsp

:moonieman:

• Like 1

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

moo me

Thankyou stumbler!

I'm sure you've all been through this already!

But as mentioned, I really can't say this could be ms myself, I'll try to explain!

I have been told in the past since my first round of what I call my weirdness or my silly season which would be said as a flare up.

the GP said it's unlikely to be something like ms! As my symptoms were short duration!

hence the limbo in my case as I don't know what it could be?

Again it's now happening a year on later! So another so called flare! and am starting to get a little fed up!

What's more, my first mri shows no spinal or cerebal lesions apart from an ambiguous comment of one or two areas of high signal in the peripheral white matter!

Either, I'm being told otherwise till my history matches the criteria, or they don't know!

Yes also I'm now keeping track and keeping a record!

M

Edited by moo me

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Unfortunately, MS symptoms also exist in other conditions, making any diagnosis difficult.

But, this shouldn't stop your GP prescribing something to give you some relief from this neuropathic pain.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

moo me

Thanks again stumbler!

Not pain, just the ants so far, very tight muscles in my legs, and a gentle reminder of where my sciatic and ulnar nerves are, tingles in my feet, toes, fingers and facial and neck basically crawling!

I think I hate going down the doc's! Typical male trait I think!

So will suck it up and book myself in! When I can get time from work!

M

Edited by moo me

moo me

Okay stumbler!

Just read the link, I did not realise it was still classed as pain!!!!!

Wow! Think I've learned a few things today!

Thankyou!

M

moo me

Good evening all!

Had an opportunity at work to ask a colleague about all my strangeness and a consultant at that who worked in neuro at stanmore!

Also showed him what I thought was my clonus reflex!

He confirmed it was! Then proceeded to ask what other symptoms I'm having, some embarrassing ones which I have and was definitely not comfortable to acknowledge at work!

Felt awful not been truthful but at work! No way!

M

moo me

Hello all! So glad to get back on!

now I know why I could not log in! No tapa talk support! Marina I remembered my log on in the end! Anyway, just got an S5 so after an I phone, am finding my feet again! Embarrassed! Any good apps for logging these weird symptoms on android??? Yes it's still going!

• Like 1

Sleepy
Scully

Hello.

I've been away for a while but am just catching up on some posts.

I think there are a few 'symptom loggers' out there, mainly apple. But you could use a simple diary to log symptoms?

It's always useful to have a timeline of symptoms, how long they lasted for, be it hours, days or weeks. Also useful to print out should you need to produce them at any time.

Just an idea

Scully

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Nindancer

Stumbler, you are a star! That link was really helpful. I had never heard of Dyaesthesia, I know when I wrote to the PIP people I hi-lighted my "pain" as being an area where ATOS got it wrong, as I'd never complained of pain to her!

It's a good job they sought medical advice on my case, I was so indignant on that bit.

I'm taking Gabapentin now and the PIP stuff is all sorted but you live an learn.

Sonia x

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Stumbler, you are a star! That link was really helpful. I had never heard of Dyaesthesia, I know when I wrote to the PIP people I hi-lighted my "pain" as being an area where ATOS got it wrong, as I'd never complained of pain to her!

It's a good job they sought medical advice on my case, I was so indignant on that bit.

I'm taking Gabapentin now and the PIP stuff is all sorted but you live an learn.

Sonia x

Glad to have been of service. :wink2:

• Like 1

moo me

scully,

i thought as much and the apple ones were not brill at that! but to excel i think!

thankyou!

M

moo me

stumbler,

i must admit, i associate pain as ouch! never even ever viewed it that way! now I'm learning!

still got it in my scalp, its funny but gets boring after a few days!

M

moo me

hey all,

I'm still here! but been quietly working my socks off! pulling in extra hours to fund me and wifey's holiday!

just a quick question?

intermittent right eye pain? just wondering can optic neuritis be intermittent? i don't think it can be, but thought i should ask the guru's?

Thanks as always,

M

Edited by moo me

Nick

Yes it can. I suffered the effects of optic neuritis back in 1998 and while the main problem, that of loss of vision, returned, the underlying effect does indeed return in an 'intermittent' way. I use this as one way of indicating to myself that I maybe overdoing things!

Hope that is useful

Nick

Edited by Nick

Just another Warrior...........

Sleepy
Scully

I too get the intermittent eye pain, it usually doesn't last very long. I also get blurry vision at times, and, as Nick, I use it as a marker that I'm tired and need to rest, or, that I'm simply fatigued.....even if I haven't done anything.

I fairly recently had Visual Evoked Responses, which is a test where electrodes and fixed to your head, and you stare at a chequer board screen. Information as to how long the signals take to reach their destination in the brain, via the optic nerve, is transmitted. It's quite painless.

My VEP's were showed to be slowed on the left and normal on the right. No Optic neuritis had ever been detected, and I've thankfully not had any sudden loss of vision. But the VEP's indicate that there is a problem between the optic nerve and the brain.

Add this to your 'diary or calendar ' briefly listing when , how long it lasts, and how often, as discussed in your previous posts?

Scully

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"