The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Katie

Twitching

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Katie

Hi guys,

Having a bad day today - work + fatigue + pain and arms and legs that don't want to work.

Decided on a nice relaxing bath but it just made m legs feel weirdly uncomfortable, can't explain the feeling exactly,then get out with jelly legs!

Roll on neuro app!

Anyway, about the twitching, does this happen when you are active or just when you are relaxing?

I've had the odd one at work and quite scary, one was my arm and head! Mostly though they are when I am relaxing. At the moment probably only maybe 5-6 a day, sometimes more and mostly in my legs.

Just want to know your experiences of this.

Thanks

Katie

Hezza

Hi Katie,

My twitches can happen at any time. Mostly when I am still but it can be either when I am relaxing or when I have just stopped doing something like walking or a class in the gym.

I also get them more when I am tired. I don't mind my twitches too much but that's probably because I'm used to them now. My most bizarre to date has been a twitching boob! :lolsign:

If your bath was quite hot that might be why it made you feel a bit weird. Heat can affect symptoms - I've heard it said that many years ago they would put patients into a hot bath to diagnose MS.

Try not to worry too much - take it as easy as possible and be kind to yourself :hearts:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Katie,

Yes I get involuntary twitches, often just in my fingers and toes. The finger twitches sure make life difficult when I'm using an ipad !

A bath thwt is too hot can affect all neurological symptoms, whether it's MS or not, something to do with the nerve endings being affected by the excessive heat, so just stay with warm baths or showers perhaps.

At least you don't have to wait long for your Neuro appointment. I hath it's fairly soon.

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Muscle twitching

Hi all I have been diagnosed with MS for 18 months (remitting relapsing) and the last five weeks I have had muscle twitching! This has me really worried about motor neurone disease!! Seeing neurologist in 3 weeks!! Seen 4 different drs and they have tried to reassure me but it hasn't!! They all said it would be highly rare. Spoke to ms nurse and also said it would be extremely rare. Does anyone else have twitches. Grateful for any replies

in General Discussion about MS

• aching and twitching legs are driving me mad.

Hello folks. Dont normally post but am always reading them. Advice and wise words needed please. I've had issues with my legs for some time well over a year now. They ache and twitch on a daily basis. Some days I feel like I've run a marathon where in reality I've not moved off the sofa. I'm taking pregablin .I suppose my real worry is that my ms has moved up a notch from rrms to spms. And it scares me!!! Im still driving, working and generally maintaining a house hold but im finding it difficult.

• Jerking and Twitching.

Hope everyone survived christmas and that Santa was kind! It was a hectic 2 days and ive been in bed since 6pm recovering lol but i made it...my first christmas where i delegated tasks, kids did dishes and house stayed untidy and i didnt stress over it.   Only problem is over last few days (more so when im in bed) my feet, legs and hands are jerking about of their own accord. It doesnt last long few seconds then it will happen again. so strange kind of like a puppet getting string pulled. Is this a new symptom? I have never had this happen before but my hubbie says my legs jerking has woken him up.   Might be revelevent dont know but my hands have been constant pins and needles as well.   However I am not stressing about it have decided that 2012 is going to be a calm, stress free year (well i am going to try lol) bought myself the book dont sweat the small stuff and its very good. Will keep you posted on how i get on but i think i need to lose the anger/frustration and accept what i cant change.   Anyway enough rabbiting on i was curious if anyone had experienced this and if there is anything that can prevent it or anything that maybe triggers it?   talk soon   xx

• Twitching legs

Hello again,   Something that's on my mind   I have been getting a lot of twitching/fasiculations in my legs. Does this mean that this will definitely progress to weakness etc or is it something that happens?   Also if you've had a symptom once like my severe spasms is it likely that they will come back?   Thanks guys   Jane xx

• Twitching again!

Hi all   I've been having regular twitching in various places (bum, thigh, sides etc) - nothing painful just odd.   Today though the muscle in my right thigh twitched so violently (for quite a period of time) that you could see my whole thigh shaking!   I have been feeling quite positive about everything lately and trying not to worry too much but this made me feel really anxious and apprehensive. I feel like I am getting worse and worrying about how bad this is going to get before I really need to have something done about it.   A trip to the GP will obviously be a waste of time. I don't mention my odd symptoms to anyone anymore because I just get told by well meaning friends and family that doctors have told me there is nothing wrong so I should believe them and stop worrying. I just don't feel like anyone is helping me or taking me seriously, except you guys of course.   Anyway will stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with it! Hope you all are having a good day  

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.