The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Scully

Scotland.. In or out?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sleepy
Scully

I wondered about doing a 'mini poll' here....no fighting please....or I may get the sack!

It's interesting though, despite all the scaremongering, point scoring, and the zillions of 'what if's, ands, buts, and maybe's..

On the news this morning they were asking if Scotland were to go their own way, what would the UK be renamed....after all, it won't be exactly the United Kingdom anymore.

One suggestion was, as happened in Yugoslavia, we could be called.....

The Former United Kingdom.....shortened to FUK......maybe not then?

Play nicely now people!

Scully

x

• Like 3

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

lala

I hope they stay personally, but can understand why they want to leave. Think we're stronger together though, and don't fancy an all Tory parliament :-/

Love the FUK suggestion - sums our situation up! if they do vote to leave we will be the broken kingdom!

Hope that was objective enough ;-)

• Like 1

Mal

If we could go with them i would say yes

but i hope they vote no , they can't leave us by our selves .

Edited by Mal
  • Like 1

Nick

My own view as a 'Brit' is that its going to be a great day for politics in the whole islands of Britain. Thank you Scotland for waking us all up to the importance of the principles of democracy and of the power of the vote. It's a very big day for us all both North & South of the boarder. I think of myself first as a British Citizen and then as an Englishman. I am also a citizen of Europe. I can be all those things and I feel that the Scots SOULD be able to feel the same............but clearly this is NOT the case.

The Politics of the UK has for far to long been heavily skewed to one city, London. The socilist democracy much loved across the UK has changed much in the last 70 years and is best preserved by the evidence of the already devolved Scotland that has pledged to keep many things important to that community, in the process moving way from the more centralised, less accountable system we have now in England. If I were eligible to vote I would vote Yes, but I can't as I live in a different part of Britain. That said I pray that the vote is NO.............I don't want to lose my Britishness! But brilliantly it will be decided by ordinary people and whatever the vote it will change the political landscape...................probably for the better, Yes or No.

• Like 3

Just another Warrior...........

The Dragonfly

Hi,

I don't have much of a view on it, cause I don't understand the politics too well or why they want out. I guess, whatever The People's vote, it will go down in history. The FUK, ya, that's funny.

I remember when Quebec wanted out of Canada, they have tried a few times and have been unsuccessful.

I just wanted to join in the post. :)

• Like 1

ptlike

To be honest at the start I didn't care but now I hope they stay. Alex Salmond is some operator, proved to David Cameron he's no mug. I think if they go independant share values will fall, the pound will fall and interest rates could well rise for both countries. So my answer is IN. I notice scully after the cross has disapeared above your head a candle is now growing out of your shoulder. I guess you shouldn't get a cold shoulder though.

Best wishes

Peter

Skippysprite

Its all over and done with and they are staying :hearts:

Pam

Live for today.......never have regrets

Lurking
PaulX

Can the rest of the UK vote for independence from London?

I needed Scotland to vote to stay, we need them to balance up the House of Commons.

But I would have liked them to vote to go, just to let Westminster know how unpopular they are, especially away from the capital.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Nick

I think that's how I feel Paul. In any event it looks to have given a good shake up to things!!!!!

Just another Warrior...........