The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Wnella

Driving

87 posts in this topic Last Reply

Smiler

That's the way a good conversation goes gaynor... :nodding: LOL

hope the meds (eventually) help you...the side effects are a nightmare tho!...But once i had laser tmt everything was fine! touch wood...so no more meds for me!

love jen

xxxx

n026.gif

Dx April 05, struggled the whole year and next emotionally physically mentally and Spiritually...moved house and loving the sea coasts & fresh air. a010.gif

Michelle

Lost 8lbs in two weeks.. The diet is quite good Jen.. My trouble was not eating enough, and when i did eat included too much bread etc.. Being less active is a big part of my weight gain.. :rofl2: at you and pudding Gaynor.. Your a tease! :rofl2:

I even bought Andrew a box of black magic chocs for valentines day,but only because i would not touch them... I hate dark chocs :lolsign:

Seriously, i am being a good girl at moment.. and managing to keep inside of a size 14 :howdy: Do they let you keep your knickers on for the lumbar puncture proceedure? :rofl2: Because I don't fancy flashing me big fat bum :lolsign: And what if i let a bottom burp out :rofl2:

Oh! I am dreading it.... :lolsign:

Back to driving :lolsign: Whats public transport like these days :lolsign:

You have to laugh..

Michelle :mummy:

Gaynor

Michelle,

:howdy: , yes I kept all my clothes on for the LP. It's doneabove the knicker line (as long as you aint wearing chest & back warmer knickers you should be fine!

As far as 8lb in 2wks goes , well done to you :lolsign: and once you get going it only inspires you further I think. Well my diets usually last for a month -tops- before it starts goin pete tong..... so maybe not that inspiring LOL !

Anyway as for 'bottom burping' you'll have done all that way before in the panicking stage prior! I didn't get much chance to panic as I was told and then it was done 20 mins later. Thankfully I'd hardly eaten anything all day so a grumbling belly was more of an issue for me!

When you going for the LP anyway? ....anymore on your IV date too?

Gaynor

Michelle

Gaynor,

:howdy: at me doing all the bottom burps before hand :lolsign: I bet i go to toilet several times :lolsign:

They are admitting meon the 6 March into their investigation unit :lolsign: Wonder if they have a dripping tap and light to shine in my face :lolsign:

Going to be in for 3 days.. L.p is being done on arrival, and no i dont wear a chest and back warmers.. Well! not unless andrew asks me to wear them :mummy:

Michelle :lolsign:

Smiler

Mish

well done on loosiing the 8lbs...Go girl g030.gifg030.gif I went wheat free 10 months ago and lost some weight...but put it all on ( and more)when i went on stugeron for the vertigo...all i did was eat everything in sight.

when i went for a Lp it took about one and a half hours all in...i had one of the open backed gowns on ( lovely) but was allowed pants on...Just as well i worn my good ones and not my old Bridget Jones ones p085.gif

about the BBurping...just don't eat pulses, curry or homemade soup the night before f015.gif ...joking aside the lp is fine just uncomfortable for about 10 mins... not sore... o060.gif you'll be fine... hugs x

good luck

jen

xxxx

n026.gif

Dx April 05, struggled the whole year and next emotionally physically mentally and Spiritually...moved house and loving the sea coasts & fresh air. a010.gif

Smiler

getting back to the driving...:wavebunny:

the dvla form arrived this morning...mostly 4 pages of tick boxes easy enough to fill in. I will send it off tomorrow. I had to mention that my vertigo ( effects sight), and obviously would not drive, and that i have left foot drop and couldn't drive a manual clutch. Mostly everything else does't effect my driving...

mish..how did you get on filling the form in?

love jen

xxxxx

n026.gif

Michelle

Hi Jen,

Form filling went ok.. Like you said; it was just a matter of ticking boxes... I found it a tad upsetting because I love driving and would really hate not being able to do so.

When I saw my neurologist last, he did say that he would write a report if I needed any help with dwp, but i did not give a single thought to the dvla at the time..

If his report is anything like the letter he sent to myself and my g.p I just dread to think what the dvla will make of the report the neuro and neurosurgeon will send to him..

Then there's the question of the meds that i am on.... I guess time will tell.

I did pop into my local council office on Friday, and pick up an application form for a bus pass. Your allowed to travel free if your in receipt of dla, blue badge holder and there's something else, but i can't remember what it is for the life of me...

I thought if push comes to shove I will have to rely more on public transport. Or get my car changed..

Gee wizzzzzz.. If it's not one thing it's another :rose:

I feel a bit more positive about it all at mo. Might not feel that way tomorrow :blink: You know what it's like..

Hope it turns out well for you jen.

Love Michelle :pullhair:

Smiler

Thanks Mish

I know it's sad at the thought of not being so independent isn't it...I haven't driven for a year. I managed to get another 3 yrs on DLA and will noewbe applying for a mobility automatatic car.

I am lucky only to be on sleep causing meds at night, and i am using homeopathic meds during the day...I hope it will be okay too...

Thans for the info on the bus pass... i didn't know about that so with a blue badge that helps me out too.

take care sweetie let me know what your result is when you get it( i was told it could take up to 6wks but they will try and inform within 4)

love jen

xxxxx

n026.gif

ddgorgeous

Jens,

If my memory serves corectly, you are in Scotland and there are new passes coming out within weeks.

The bus pass situation is changing as from 1 April 2006 in Scotland. It is improving and will no longer just be for region wide free bus travel off peak. It will be national within Scotland in any region, on any bus, at anytime of the day.

It means you can travel from Uig in Skye to Carlisle or Berwick totally free on any bus service.

This is advertised on local radio and I ill listen out for the advert next time as it tells of a government website.

I do not know what needs to be done to get a new style pass from scratch, but if you have an older one the forms were automatically sent out in November of last year and it was a case of returning them to a Post Office.

There was a post last year about this and it was recently updated.

http://ms-people.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1823

Ron :howdy:

ppms, dx 2001

Smiler

RON

you a a gem and a web of information....

Thank you kind Sir :howdy: I will update as soon as i have heard from them...

love jen

xxxx

n026.gif

Michelle

Well,

I still haven't heard anything back from the dvla... Talk about being long winded....

Has anyone else heard anything?

Love Michelle :howdy:

Michelle

After months of waiting a letter from the dvla arrived this morning. I have to make an appointment with a optician in a nearby town to arrange a field vision test. This is an independent test specifically for the dvla.

This will help the dvla make a decision with regard to my being able to continue driving.

Over the last couple of months i have had 5 field vision tests. Some of which i have failed. Hence futher tests! I guess what will be will be. Still there is always my trusty Andrew to drive me around :lmao: Thing is i swear i am a better driver than him. Then women drivers are better than men...arent they? :lmao:

Michelle :howdy:

ddgorgeous
Then women drivers are better than men...arent they? :lmao:

Michelle,

I guess that is a matter of opinion! :lol:

Ron :lmao:

ppms, dx 2001

Hils

lol, Michelle, just don't get me started on that one.... :lmao:

Hils :howdy:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

Michelle

Hils,

Did you read Rons comment :hehehe:

Matter of opinion my foot :lmao: Beep Beep Ron.

Ron, When Andrew gets to Scotland he wants to take up flying lessons :lol:

God help us all. He's bad enough driving a car :sleep4:

OMG I have just come across this >>> :lmao: Who put that there? :howdy:

Night All

Michelle :thumbsup:

ddgorgeous

Michelle,

Tell Andrew to keep a look out for Teddy in his plane, they might bump into each other up in the sky!

Ron :howdy:

ppms, dx 2001

Michelle

Ron,

It will have to be in the day time if they are to bump into each other. Andrew is colour blind, and the flying instructor told him that he would not be able to fly at night.

So Teddy will be quite safe flying during darkness :lmao:

ddgorgeous

Teddy :howdy: is scared of the dark and only goes out during daylight, he is off to New York this week, but I will be sure to tell him to be careful when he gets back.

Take care and leave the lead-lined stilletoes behind! :lmao:

Ron :halo:

ppms, dx 2001

Michelle

Had my field vision test today... that was requested by the dvla. The optician did a very nice thing for me. He actually told me the results (without me asking).

The test he performed was fine... NO Problems. It will be interesting to find out what the dvla will report.

Michelle

Michelle

Heard from the dvla a few days ago, and forgot to mention it. My licence has been medically restricted. I had to sign a form saying that i did not need any controls fitted to my car and that was that. Perhaps I will be in reciept of my driving licence within the next couple of weeks.

Regards

Michelle :hairraising:

ddgorgeous

Congratulations Michelle :trampoline:.....let's hope it arrives soon.

Ronrico :hairraising:

ppms, dx 2001

Gaynor

1. Can you explain the 'restricted' bit? (ta v. much)

and....

2. Ron stop showin off with your multi linguistic skills :hairraising:

ddgorgeous

Yavol mine Fuhrer :trampoline:

Ron :hairraising:

ppms, dx 2001

Gaynor

Is that classed as offensive these days? :trampoline: You wanna hope there's no German viewers Ron :hairraising:

Good job I don't take offense eh?!

Michelle

Gaynor,

It means that I can only wear a skirt when out driving :hehehe:

Seriously, It means that I cannot drive a lorry,or minibus. But i can tow a caravan :trampoline: The powers to be,hey?

Michelle :hairraising: