The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
lala

Tysabri and nausea

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

lala

Hi everyone,

I started tysabri in March, after my first infusion i was very nauseous for 24hours and was actually sick the next day. Thought it might be a bug, not the tysabri itself. Had my second infusion last week and felt the nausea again but no vomiting.

I have spoken to my nurse about it who thinks im one of those awkward people that are very sensitive to drugs! She suggested we try an anti-sickness med prior to the infusion.

Im just wondering if any other tysabrians have had a similiar side effect, and if so did it ease up after a few months?

Many thanks

Laura

Nick

Hi Lala,

In my Trial of Tysabri I have not experienced this. However it may be that I am on the placebo. I will however be stating very soon on the real thing so will keep people posted about any side effects.

Nick

Just another Warrior...........

lala

Ok thanks Nick, hope you dont get any side effects.

Mick

Hi Laura

I've been on Tysabri since 2012.

It was god spend for me as I was getting quickly and put a brake on the down path of my condition.

I haven't had any side effects, I would stay on it it is great for slowing down progression.

I have prime progressive and it has me.

Regards

Mick

• Like 1

Christina

Nausea is a listed side effect. I had it mildly a couple of times but this passed as my body adjusted to the drug. I've now been on it over 2 years.

best wishes

Christina

• Like 1

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....