The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
crispy

How Do You ... ?

40 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sluggish
Marina
I think Marina mentioned another link to all new posts at the bottom somewhere, but haven't found that?? Sometimes use "My assistant" but not sure how that's different or more useful yet.

Hi Ann

If you use either "My Assistant" or scroll to the bottom of the main page, there's a link called "Today's Active Topics" which will give the topics of the past 24 hrs. In that same window, there's a section that says "Show me active topics from..." and then you can choose the number of days 1-6, a week, a month.

If you want to find all posts made by a certain member, click on their profile or on their name and then click on "Find all posts by this member" and it will list them all.

Ron's answered on how to "Edit" :-) You find your post you want to edit and you'll see a blue "Edit" button at the top right of your post. Click on it and you can then change what you wrote.

Hope this helps

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

ddgorgeous

Marina,

A big thank you, I am slowly getting to grips with all these buttons, the more I play with this, the more it seems to do.

Thank you,

Ron :clapping:

ppms, dx 2001

crispy

Hi Ann, :crutch:

I see that most of your queries have been answered, but I couldn't let this one go by:

(Drives my better half bananas 

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

stranding

Hi Ron

Thanks for the edit info. Have just tried it & found it works fine. Not used to that on the mailing lists.. all errors there are set in stone for eternity :clapping:

Dratted Ducky had to be interrupted in the middle of a message to Teddy & she's asked me to ask you to pass that on to him and to please get himself tarted up in his Batman gear ready.

For the Blind Message coming soon, that is.

With the possibility and promise of further...stuff.

End of message.

Ann

Remember to KYPU at all times...

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

stranding
If you use either "My Assistant" or scroll to the bottom of the main page, there's a link called "Today's Active Topics" which will give the topics of the past 24 hrs. In that same window, there's a section that says "Show me active topics from..." and then you can choose the number of days 1-6, a week, a month.

Hi and many thanks Marina, great help (vaguely remember reading that but brain's not wired to hold onto that sort of stuff till it's been grooved into a big rut by actually doing it several times so I fall in if I don't look out!!) No sense there, but heck...

:wub:

Hope you're feeling better today?

Ann

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

stranding
Cathy is just the same as you, and she drives me nuts at times  She would much rather click everywhere first and then sort out the problems caused afterwards  Don't get me wrong, she is a very intelligent lady, who works with Office type software all the time, but she won't give anyone the chance to help, without click-click-clicking all around.

Chris

What a Really Lovely Person Cathy sounds...just me cup o tea...please give her my VERY best regards and say perhaps we should band together to protect ourselves from people who do nasty scathing remarks & huge sighs / eyes heavenwards. Form a CrazyClikkersClub?

OK, subs to me first please.

I'm going to have to be careful Guru R doesn't read this lot...he's Really Lovely too, when he's not being a banana. :kicking: But the fact remains that whereas HE gets to any answers spot-on by, plodding through the maths, I jump and get there (within a lickspittle or 10) by guesswork? instinct? being a she??

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

crispy

Thanks for the thoughts Ann,

I'm beginning to feel better already :no:

Have you looked at the code entered for all these smileys? The one I use for my sign off, is crutch - so I am forever signing off crispy crutch. Not very amusing I know, but it makes me smile - occasionally.

All the best,

Chris P :clapping:

All the best,

Chris P

stranding

Hi Chris

If anything I said worked to help you feel better, thats great. Hope it lasts a bit.

As for your nice Crispycrutch

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

smiffy

Ron

I've had a great day, tiring but very interesting and productive. :clapping:

Shirley

Will this stop bunny from "getting it"?

crispy

Testing, testing one two three

Hi Ann, I think you just need to set your sig in My Controls area and add the code *sheep* after your name, replacing the * with a colon.

NO IGNORE THAT, it doesn't seem to work, I'll have to check it out :D

All the best,

Chris P

ddgorgeous

Shirley,

The only way to stop bunny from getting in the cross hairs is to have a GREAT day. Any fibs and Teddy will be round to sort the perpetrators out.

All the best,

Ron :clapping:

ppms, dx 2001

stranding
NO IGNORE THAT, it doesn't seem to work, I'll have to check it out

I'm waiting with baited breath!! And thanks for trying to sort it out. It's no good getting me to go near any code stuff... as a founder member of CCC, I would definitely click it to DEATH :blowup:

Ann :sheep:

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

smiffy

Roncito - never mind ME having a GREAT day get that bun. out of the oven or there'll be no LINDO at the end of YOUR name! I'm waiting for Teddy - poor, poor dear fancy being in the house with el DIABLO :devil2: !

You know who from

:clapping: ha, ha, ha!!!

ddgorgeous

Shirley,

The bun is almost ready and will be out of the oven in a few mins, it is just browning off!................It would be such a shame to waste it, I ALWAYS tell Teddy not to watse what he cannot eat or does not want and it would be hypocrytical of me to do it. I think I will need to put it all on a plate and eat it just so I do not feel bad about any of it.................Yum yum.

Teddy, teas ready!

Rpn :clapping:

ppms, dx 2001

Hodge

Hi Chris

I don't get as much time as I would like on line at present so when I do get a look at this site I usually read through the messages in the discussion lounge (often re-reading the old ones as the memory is very poor) and add my two penn'th where I can and if I have time I like to try to find my way around the rest of the site.

Sue :cheers: