The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
ptlike

Ms issue or not ?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

ptlike

Hi all

Just back from lovely week in Maderia. At hotel there was a lift, I invited two older ladies to come into lift with me as opposed to waiting. I pressed wrong button and shut doors on them. They had to wait for lift to return omg embarrassing.

Thought I'd pressed button for level 4 wheeled out of lift to find I was at level 7 ha.

Met chap who ate roadkill as his regular Sunday joint and got toilet roll as part of his pension, lucky him prob needed it.

Found the paths which look attractive with small white stones made chair vibrate so much I got double vision lol.

I do wonder if ms alters my ability to make quick decisions difficult, ie lifts. It helps me attract eccentric people and affectted my vision in regards to paving ???. Lovely place though and lovely people.

Best wishes

Peter

• Like 1

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Peter,

Been to Madeira as well, loved the place...it's rather hilly though, had visions of careering down one of the hills and my brakes failing.

Decision making....maybe MS...or just a feature of getting old!

Scully

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

ptlike

Hi scully

Or I'm just plain stupid lol. Yes hilly but in the lido area pretty flat and lots of trips out and their pretty good with disabled. Lots of taxis too at reasonable prices. For record scully didn't do down steep hills due to breaking and climb back in chair lol.

Best wishes

Peter

Skippysprite

Never been to Madeira, sounds lovely though.

I have been sat here chuckling to myself, imagining the wheelchair users in Madeira all whizzing down these hills, sort of like a new pastime event!!

Where I live its hilly......now there's a thought!!

Memo to myself,.........I must be have lol

Pam x

Live for today.......never have regrets

ptlike

Hi Pam, go for it lol. It's the getting up that's not so fun lol.

Best wishes

Peter

Downwards

Is it just me thats terribly mean or is anyone else wetting themselves laughing at the thought of you shutting the lift doors on 2 old ladies Peter LOL!!!

I'm mean aren't I : ((

Fran x

ptlike

Hi Fran, I'm the gift that keeps giving lol.

Best wishes peter