The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Great Dane

MS-SMART Study

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Great Dane

Hi everyone

MS-SMART study still have spaces for their latest research into using known drugs in MS. They are looking for people with Secondary Progressive MS. They are repurposing three drugs and the deadline is April 2016. I don't know whether any of you might want to participate, but I have just received this information so have a look and see what you think.

http://www.omstc.org/2016/03/ms-smart-study-100-go-inbox-x/

Happy Easter everyone!

Great Dane x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Report on MS/Covid 19 Study

Just thought you would all be interested in this   Self-diagnosed COVID-19 in people with multiple sclerosis: a community-based cohort of the UK MS Register JNNP.BMJ.COM In the early phases of the UK COVID-19 outbreak, in the absence of clear evidence about the risks for people with multiple sclerosis (pwMS) and those taking immunomodulatory disease-modifying therapies (DMT), we launched a...    

in General Discussion about MS

• TONIC Research Study

The Trajectories of Outcome in Neurological Conditions (TONiC) study is one of the largest ever quality of life studies for people with neurological conditions in the UK. It will identify factors that affect quality of life in conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Motor Neurone Disease (MND) and will develop disease-specific models showing how these factors interact.   If you are cared for by MS Nurses in the following areas :-   Brighton Cumbria Leeds Liverpool Oxford Preston Salford / Manchester Sheffield Southampton   you may be able to contribute to this research.   More details here :- https://tonic.thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk/  

• Vitamin D Study

Came across this interesting snippet. Now to my mind the study does not involve anywhere near enough subjects, but what caught my eye is that they we trialling D2. I has always understood that D3 was perhaps the most beneficial. Anyone else come across this before?     http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2011/10/25/3347640.htm

• Another CCSVI study

Hi Folks,   Another study dismiss the CCSVI link with MS   http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseaction/show/pageid/2944   In summary it was a blinded study ( the people conducting the exam didn't know if the subject had MS or was "normal") and about 50% of MS and 40% of "normal" subjects had anomalies with their venous systems. No subject showed evidence of reflux.   It would be good if at least one study backed the theory up. All the studies that I am aware off, that have been done so far seem to be consistent with these findings.   I would like someone to explain the increased well being of those that have had the procedure which surely goes beyond the placebo effect. Were they suffering MS in the first place ?   Andy

• Sleep Study

Some of you may already know that I recently travelled to Papworth Hospital to undergo a Sleep Study. I have copied and pasted the post that I wrote to fellow mods and admin. I am just too shattered to write it all again   Regards   Michelle     Hi Guys,   I'm back and totally cream crackered. The sleep study itself was very interesting. I felt it was a form of torture If you're not keen on anything wrapped around your throat overnight, then don't bother having one. I would imagine it would freak you out. I certainly wasn't expecting two lots of fine tubes inserted into my nostrils,or being told to keep my eyes shut, and try to sleep for 20minutes during the course of three day time tests. By the time Andrew picked me up at 4pm ,I didn't know whether I was coming or going . Still, I got to recieve my results there and then. And it's official, I have CFS. I was also told, that even though I sleep for long periods of time, my brain is still very active.Oh, and I snore I kind of knew that The doctor in charge told me that sleeping during the daytime is really bad for me,and rather than going to bed I must sit near a window,or go outside. This conjured up visions of old folk sitting by their care home windows eagerly awaiting a visit from their family. These results will now be passed to my neuro,and the CFS specilaist that I have been seeing for the last 6months.   Will probably post this on the board,just to save me writing again.

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.