The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
ptlike

did you watch truth me im a doctor

1 post in this topic Last Reply

ptlike

Did you see the possible treatment of auto immune diseases like ms using implants to activate nerves to control immune responses. I thought very promising.

Best wishes Peter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Advice about seeing doctor

Hi,   I don't really know where to start, all I know is that I feel like I am going mad.   I have been having strange symptoms of something for nearly 10 years now. I have been to lots of different gp's over the years  and end up coming away more confused. I have only ever been offered blood tests which have always come back clear, although once a year it will show I have slightly low folic acid levels.   It started about ten years ago with pain in my hands (just after I had my first child). My hands hurt in a sort of cramp like pain when I am cleaning or writing. I can write around two sentences before I have to stop to stretch out my hand before I can carry on. I saw my dr about this and she just said 'well that doesn't seem like a problem' and didn't want to talk about it any further.   Since then my hands still hurt daily. Around a year or so ago my hand went into a sort of 'claw' like position and I couldn't straighten it out. This only lasted around a day or two. I have also had bladder weakness for around a year. At first I thought I may have had a urine infection. I feel the need to wee constantly, it reminds me of when I am heavily pregnant and the baby is pressing on my bladder (I am not pregnant!).    I have also had trouble in my left foot for quite a few years. I have never injured my foot, although it feels like I have. At certain parts of the day it hurts to put any pressure on it and feels very weak so I end up walking with a limp at certain times in the day.    Also  driving, which is probably the main reason why I am wanting to get to the bottom of my symptoms. For years my left foot will go numb after around 15 minutes of driving, I have to move it around to get the feeling back. My right foot for the last few months will start to shake and tremble which is pretty scary.   My joints hurt daily, my arms hurt when I put washing from the floor into the washing machine (I sit on the floor to do this) and also brushing/drying my hair hurts and will have to stop to give my arms a rest before I can continue.   I have experienced tingling/numbness in my hands and feet for years for no apparent reason, although this is not everyday. My eyes also went blurry overnight, the optician said this could be stress and gave me reading glasses.   I also sometimes have extreme fatigue. I can sleep for 14-18 hours a day when this happens. Sometimes I think that heat can make it worse. I had a scary moment recently where I had a hot bath and it made the fatigue so much worse, so much so that I didn't have the energy to get out! It took me over an hour and a half to get the energy to get out, it felt like an invisible boulder was onme, pressing me down.   I also feel like my brain isn't working properly, I can't take in as much information and haven't got a lot of mental energy. Filling in a form for example has become increasingly difficult, its as if someone has told me to solve a very hard maths question.   I think I have listed everything that has been worrying me, I will probably think of another one once I have finished. I guess my question is do I need to pursue this further with the dr and ask for a referral or do you think my symptoms are nothing to worry about and quite normal for a person to be feeling? As I said I have been to my gp before and I am always told the same things - that it is because of my age (I am 31), that it is normal wear and tear, that I need to exercise more, that maybe I'm depressed (I'm not) etc etc. I am so tired of the same advice from the dr that it has put me off going, but at the same time I am scared that these symptoms may mean something also. Has anyone else had the same symptoms as me? Did you ask the dr to refer you or did they suggest it?   I'm sorry for the really long post and I thank everyone who has read it and also anyone who may be able to give me some advice.    Take care, Sophie

in General Discussion about MS

• ATOS: Truth or Fiction?

If this is true, it would only confirm what we think:-   http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/2013/01/31/ex-atos-nurse-reveals-the-real-inside-story/  

• doctor

Hi went to the doctor this afternoon, and she said she had a letter from my nero and hes decided not to put meon dmd's at the moment as the riska outway the benefits, im a little confused is this because im on tamoxifen for breast cancer and thyroxine for under active thyroid plus amytritylene. Frances x

• My doctor visit tonight

My doctor said the reason my blood tests are high , was most probably down to my UTI that I had they want to check to make sure its cleared but he and the Neurolgist say Its unlikely I have something else other than MS. Kind of put my mind at ease. On Wednesday I will know if the blood tests are ok or not. Until then im going to relax over the week, chill on sofa tonight with my gorgeous daughter and watch Children in need with some Phish food icecream and im not a lover of icecream but im going to have some LOL. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening what ever you are doing

• Foreign Doctor may be struck off

Read this in the guardian.   Turns out on the strength of anecdotal evidence desperate MS patients were going abroad for MS Treatment and were being scammed   http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep...ients-stem-cell   Bet you thought it was the other treatment ....   Andy

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.