The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
ptlike

Feet

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

ptlike

Hi gosh as it gets colder so do my feet. Feet up I'm toasty with the central heating. Is this an issue you have?

Best wishes Peter

Nick

Temperature is a big issue for me! I've never really understood it. When it gets too hot my MS Fatigue kicks in big time, when it get's cold (and damp) I feel like I want to hibernate! My left leg and foot don't like this situation one tiny bit!!!! So in my mind I think, lets move to California and find somewhere with a more equal temperature range (if only!) We were just talking the other day about life before central heating and realising just how lucky we are these days to have warm houses. Kay and I are still rather old fashioned and wait as long as possible before switching it on......once on of course, that's it until spring. We have an old house with an old boiler so it's not very efficient. I stayed in Germany recently in a house heated by an air source heat pump, with underfloor heating............Brilliant and something I would love to have.....equal temperature all year long and small bills. However the chances of me being able to afford such things is small indeed, but its on the Santa list!

Nick

Just another Warrior...........

Nindancer

I have temp issues too. I like the type of slippers that cover my ankles too, I have one foot that gets icy cold so I have to wrap it up!

Sonia x

Mal

I used to think i suffered from cold feet but it was mostly pain

Mal

ptlike

Thanks for replies Nick,Sonia and Mal. Looks like it may get wven colder soon alas. What happened to global warming lol.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• burning feet

Hiya ive had terrible burning feet especially at nite. I cant sleep because of it. I even have my feet sticking out of the duvet at nite which is completely alien to me cause I normally have really cold feet. I have it during the day too and most days I stubble around with bare feet. Is this a symptom of MS OR just my MS or could it be a reaction to rebif (but I have had this before I started rebif and in the extreme heat we had.)   Does any body suffervwith this   Vanessa x

in General Discussion about MS

• Unable to lift feet

Hi, yesterday I found myself unable to lift my feet. Couldn't even wiggle toes. I walked the dogs in field as usual, they run around whilst I watch, and then got home sat down and had a brew. Problem was when I went to get up, struggled like mad to stand but then found my feet were dragging along floor and turn inwards. Really tight cramping and stiffness on the outer side of the front of my legs. Couldn't believe that I couldn't walk properly. No matter how hard I concentrated I could not turn my feet up, couldn't even wiggle my toes.   Now I have the odd instance where I've sort of tripped over my feet (the one where it feels like you've walked up a ramp and not picked feet up far enough) but nothing of this level. It lasted nearly all of the day, no matter how much I rested or even tried to walk if off in the afternoon. It seemed that they just wouldn't play. My daughter was really good as usual and inisted that I lean/ support myself on her (bless her). I was wondering if this is the 'dropfoot' that people experience or more on the side of 'Just the muscles causing the problem'   Steve

• unsteady on feet

Hi not too well today last night I could not sleep had shooting pains in my head, today my legs feel very weak cannot walk very well is this normal for ms getting a bit frightened. Frances.

• Can your feet shrink?

my numb cold drop foot curly toes foot is shrinking. Is this an ms thing? It used to be a 5 now i guess its a 3 to 4. It looks really odd.

• slamming my feet when i walk

hi so ive noticed that when i walk (especially outdoors) im slamming my feet into the ground really hard and i can feel my whole body shaking on every step, ive got crutches but that doesnt really help the slamming bit   anybody else had this, any advice its so bad that when i finish walking a decent distance i have double vision for about 10 mins after

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.