The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Em Fitz

Participants Needed for Research in Experiences Related to Leisure Activities in People with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Em Fitz

Hello there!

My name is Emily Fitzsimmons and I am enrolled in the Rehabilitation Psychology MSc course at the University of Nottingham. I would like to invite you to participate in a research study which aims to obtain a deeper understanding of the experiences and needs of individuals with progressive types of Multiple Sclerosis in regard to taking part in leisure activities. Ethical approval for this study has been granted by the Ethics Committee of the University of Nottingham. The information obtained from this study will be used in the future in the development of a leisure intervention for individuals with progressive types of MS, which will hopefully raise their quality of life by making leisure activities more achievable and enjoyable for them.

You will be invited to share your views and experiences through one on one interviews (either face-to-face, over the phone, or via Skype, depending on your preference), which should take approximately 30 minutes.

You can take part in this study, if you:

- are diagnosed with either primary progressive MS or secondary progressive MS

- are aged 18 or over

- are able to communicate in English

If you meet the qualifications and wish to participate in the study, please email Emily Fitzsimmons at lpxef2@nottingham.ac.uk or call at 01158231299. Please note that enquiring about participation does not commit you in any way.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Kind regards,

Emily Fitzsimmons

Edited by Marina
Edit email address

Nick

Sounds very interesting, private message sent

• Like 1

Just another Warrior...........

Em Fitz

There is a typo in the email address of my original post. The correct email is lpxef2 @nottingham.ac.uk

Edited by Em Fitz

Crappy
Marina

I've edited your email address for you, Emily, and removed your duplicate topic :-)

• Like 1

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)