The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Catherine

New Vaccine

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Catherine

Hello

Has anybody else seen this:

BBC News

Fingers crossed!

Catherine

PS I hope I have inserted the link okay!

ddgorgeous

Catherine,

The link works perfectly thankyou.

I saw this on yesterday's BBC News website and placed a link in the News section.

I hope it is not dragged out for ages, some trials seem to go on for years, but am keeping my fingers crossed for some good news. If I hear anymore about the trials I will be sure to post it.

Take care and best wishes,

Ron :flowerface:

ppms, dx 2001

Michelle

Thanks for the link Catherine....

Michelle :flowerface:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Yippee, I have had the Vaccine

I just wanted to say that I am currently having the Ocrevus treatment and am over 50, so I was given the opportunity to have the Covid Vaccine, which I was so pleased to have.   The NHS are amazing for the system they have organised to make this a safe and speedy operation.   As for the vaccine, I have to say that I suffered quite a horrible headache for about 4 days and my body felt like it had been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, but all said and done, this was nothing compared to what may have been the symptoms should I have contracted Covid.   I wanted to write this as there seems to be so much negativity around the whole situation, the way that I am looking at it, is that I am here, I am able to have dinner with my husband and chat to my children and am looking forward to welcoming my first grandchild into the world.  This seems very mundane, but they are the things that make me smile and appreciate being alive.    I hope that everyone that is on here, is keeping safe and avoiding this awful virus.   Sending positive vibes to you all, thank you for the chat and information that has kept me sane through not only this current situation, but also through my MS journey so far.  Keep up the good work everything you post and your replies are so valuable.   Michelle

in General Discussion about MS

• Covid-19 vaccine information

Interesting article about the various vaccines for coronavirus from the MS Research Blog:   The best protection against anti-Vaxers…is knowledge. – Multiple Sclerosis Research Blog MULTIPLE-SCLEROSIS-RESEARCH.ORG Want to learn about the new vaccine in the news. Watch the video from Dr Professor Roger Seheult from Webcram below. The information starts at 2min and is 20minutes long. The first...    

• BioNTech Vaccine Treats MS in Mice Without Dampening Immune System

This is very early days, but might offer some hope for the future?   BioNTech Vaccine Treats MS in Mice Without Dampening Immune System MULTIPLESCLEROSISNEWSTODAY.COM BioNTech’s experimental non-inflammatory vaccine — designed to dampen the abnormal immune responses seen in multiple sclerosis (MS) against myelin — delayed the onset and...  

• Hepatitis B vaccine

I was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago, I have relapse and remitting MS. Thankfully I have very mild and brief relapses, and I’m not receiving any treatment for my MS.   I have recently met a partner who has told me they have chronic hepatitis B, which has left me with a huge dilemma. If I was to stay with my partner I’d need to receive the Hepatitis B vaccine to safeguard myself, but I’m uneasy with the idea of having the Hepatitis B vaccine as the link between the vaccine and MS is negative. And I wouldn’t want to do anything that could cause my MS to progress.   I’d be grateful if I could hear others experiences with their MS and having the Hepatitis B vaccine please.

• Swine flu vaccine

Hi guys   Just wondering have any of you got the Swine piggy flu jab or are you going to get it?? If not would mind saying why you wont be getting it? thanks...   I am just wondering what to do and was worried about possible side effects....   thank you all in advance   love lindyxx

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.