The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

MS-SAT 2 Trial

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Nick

Though people might be interested in becoming involved in this study.

twitter-card-ucl-logo.png
WWW.UCL.AC.UK

Just another Warrior...........

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• MS-SAT2 Trial

I thought people might be interested in details of this trail About MS-STAT2 WWW.UCL.AC.UK For people like myself who are SPMS this seemed very interesting and I am currently on this trail. Let's wait and see what happens!  Being on any trail does have the benefit of having closer contact with neurologists and of being monitored more closely that would otherwise be the case. This is I feel very beneficial to me and even if I am simply on the placebo, or that the outcome of the trail is unsuccessful, the net benefits are clear.   Nick 

in General Discussion about MS

• ASCEND Trial - A Failure?

@Nick, weren't you on this trial?   http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2018/12/prof-g-what-is-therapeutic-lag.html  

• First positive Primary Progressive phase III trial results

This is from my local MS Society group...   First positive primary progressive phase three trial results   In October, pharmaceutical company Roche announced top-line results from the first positive phase three clinical trial for people with primary progressive MS.   The trial compared ocrelizumab to a placebo in over 700 people with primary progressive MS. Treatment with ocrelizumab led to a reduction in the progression of clinical disability by 24% compared to the placebo. This reduction was sustained for at least 12 weeks and was measured by the Expanded Disability Status Scale ( EDSS).   Data was also reported from two phase three trials, comparing ocrelizumab to interferon-beta (Rebif) in over 1,600 people with relapsing MS.   The results from these trials show that ocrelizumab reduced the number of relapses compared to Rebif by 46% in one of the trials and 47% in the other. Ocrelizumab also significantly delayed the onset of clinical disability compared by Rebif by 43% and 37% in the two trials.   The data from these trials will be submitted in early 2016 to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and European Medicines Agency so that the licencing process can begin.   Read more here. https://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-news/2015/10/first-phase-three-trial-show-positive-results-primary-progressive-ms   Scully

• Sudden end of drugs trial

Hi all not been around for ages but just wanted to share this with you . If been on a tysabri drugs trial for nearly three years with the first two years not knowing if I was on drug or placebo then everyone got to go on drug which I was very happy about with there being no drugs for spms so here was me thinking win win was unsure if we were all going to have 2 or 3 years of tysabri an then last week the hospital rang to say we are really sorry we had an email today saying the drugs company has stopped the trial so you don't need to come in tomorrow now !!! I was blumin gobsmacked the trial nurses said they didn't see that coming but the drugs company's are a law unto themselves so now I'm back to not knowing what I'm going to do got to go and have achar with the neuro next week and see what he has in mind.     Thanks for reading my rants   Lisax

• Siponimod clinical trial

Hi,   Is anyone else on this forum participating in the Expand Study, looking at safety and efficacy of siponimod in SPMS?   I have been on this trial for 9 months now. It hasn't slowed my progression at all. The only thing it has done is raise my blood pressure and I now have to take blood pressure tablets. I am also now suffering from dry eyes (my tears feel like acid when I cry), although I don't know if this is a side effect of the drug or not.   My dilemma is do I stay on the trial or not. I know this is providing useful data for the drugs company. However, if it is of no benefit to me and I stay on the trial I honestly believe it won't be long before I am permanently in a wheelchair, if I continue to "progress" at the rate I am. While I am on the trial I can't pursue any alternative treatments. I know there is nothing out there for SPMS but perhaps I could try another trial. Is anyone out there trying anything that is proving to be effective at slowing the progression of their SPMS.   Really not sure what I should do.   Gill

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.