The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
ptlike

Time for a holiday

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

ptlike

I do feel sorry for Terresa May, some may say she has brought this on herself. Who would want her her job though, obviously nobody or she wouldn't be PM.

What ever your politics, as we are people with a long term condition the countries finances and ability to help with care and medical support is so important, probably more so than any other sector.

I just hope mp's make the correct decision for the country, unfortunately I think the toss of a coin might be how the decision is made.

looking at the world as a whole though we have the Yemen crisis, Syria, the trade war, France is in turmoil and I am sure I have missed something. 

Who would chose politics as a good career?                                          

I'm sticking to wondering who will win I'm a celebrity, my monies on Harry lol and no consequences if i'm wrong.

Best wishes Peter

Nick

Great Post Peter,

What amazes me is the stamina that Politicians need to endure to face the extreme stresses of high office. Who indeed would want to be in Mr's Mays shoes right now?  Churchill once said,  'Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others', and that is the situation in Parliament right now where you are seeing a massive dilemma being played out in democratic fashion.  It's all chaotic, but that's life, give it some time and I'm sure it will all work out.  I don't follow , I'm a celebrity,  But my monies on William & Harry and their fab (Royal) families. 

Nick 

Just another Warrior...........

Procrastinating
Stumbler

I wonder what Mother Teresa's monthly overtime bill looks like? :jawdrop:

:moonieman:

• Face Palm 1

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Vegged Out
Shirl

Fab! I read @Stumbler's reply in my mail inbox, followed the link to it, scrolled up, much relieved to discover the thread is about our PM, not a deceased Saint. You've made me smile on a day when a dental appointment is my no1 priority.

Re MPs and their workload, don't forget their proven record of fallibility - expenses scandal, extra-marital affairs, etc. They are  a microcosm of society at large.

I have hope for the future in my local MP. Totally approachable, reliable and hard-working. He's just become Minister for Universities (and other departments in the BEIS umbrella). He is an author in his 'spare time', very much a rising star.

When we focus on persons who are MPs, it's easier to appreciate their commitment.

And yes/no, I wouldn't want to be in May's famous shoes.

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Nick

An interesting point Shirl,

Voting for your local MP should be a matter of what they can do for their constituents, rather than looking at party politics. I've just moved and my own MP now, is a pretty impressive hard working man, taking local issues as his priority.  I shall vote on the person rather than the party, when the next round of elections come along.

Anyway I've been following 'Dead Ringers' on Radio 4, a must if you want to get away from any serious thoughts on politics. 

Hope the dental appointment goes OK Shirl,

Nick 

• Thanks 1

Just another Warrior...........

ptlike

Haha John I wonder.

Merry xmas all Peter

Procrastinating
Stumbler
5 hours ago, ptlike said:

Merry xmas all Peter

And a merry Xmas to you too, @ptlike  and all our readers.

:xmasstocking:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Vegged Out
Shirl

Thanks @Stumbler I'm now seen by the community dentist for accessibility. She happens to also be a tutor with our dental hospital and she has MS. It is a great match and she gives me time and care.

Yes @Nick sometimes constituency politics has more immediate implications for the individual. But thr national scene is both fascinating and terrible!

I will be back with Crimbo wishes later next week! I have had a struggle with MS fog lately.

Take care in this cold snap all of you.

Shirley  "one day at a time"