The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Chell1184!

New symptoms and scary

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Chell1184!

Hello.

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2014.

Until the last 6 months, I have been coming down with fever so bad it puts me in bed for days and nights. I'm taking Aubagio 14mg daily. It's really starting to change my life. My gp is useless and does not listen. Neither does my ms nurse  . Nothing gets investigated and I feel so let down.

Chell1184!

So my question is, does anyone else have fever like this every few weeks? I'm so cold, shaking, sweating so much my bf is changing sheets around me. Sleeping for hours. Shaking all night. I just need answers xx

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Hi @Chell1184! , does this tend to go with your monthly cycle? It's just that you body does go through temperature changes as you go through your cycle and this temperature change can play havoc with your MS. This is known as Uhthoff's Phenomenon. 

It may not be that, but you need to try and identify if there is any specific triggers that you can identify. It may be a reaction to the Aubagio, so you may want to stop that for a week or two and see how you feel. Then you can decide to start again to confirm the connection.

Have a bit of sympathy for your GP. They are a General Practitioner, so can be completely out of their depth with MS. But, do keep your MS Nurse in the loop if you decide to stop the Aubagio and how successful this is. It's not that unusual to suddenly start having side-effects from a Disease Modify Therapy ( DMT) after tolerating it without a problem.

:moonieman:

Edited by Stumbler
Typo
  • Like 1

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Onslaught of new symptoms?

Hi, first time here. Have had relapse remitting MS for about 20yrs and after a tricky start despite the odd flare up have had very few major issues for around 15yrs. Last year or so I have had the feeling of lots of minor increases in symptoms/ mini flare ups but in the last few months I have seen a massive increase in pain, cognitive issues, fatigue etc that just seem relentless. Have undergone a variety of tests (unrelated to MS) all of which come back as without issue and GP’s current best guess is depression and or IBS. I don’t feel depressed but I am in constant pain which is sapping my energy now. MS nurse is trying to get a consultant to see me (last few yrs all appointments have been phone calls only). Anyone have any words of wisdom or comfort 

in General Discussion about MS

• More new symptoms...experience/advice?

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing as okay as can be! I've had these new symptoms for about .. 2-3 months now.. they're driving me insane.. My jaw/teeth clenching together. I'm not knowingly doing it. Just happens. Starting to really hurt my jaw and teeth from the strain and pressure of it. Also my eyes have been automatically squeezing closed. Sort of a similar feeling to when cutting onions (minus the tears and stinging) but that urge to squeeze the eyes shut. Does anyone else experience these? Thank you!

• Why heat causes or exacerbates MS symptoms

Here’s an explanation about heat sensitivity and raised body temperature in MS.   Heat – Multiple Sclerosis Research Blog MULTIPLE-SCLEROSIS-RESEARCH.ORG My thoughts are for our readers with MS who are having to live through and cope with the latest heatwave. The BBC has just reported that this is the hottest late August bank holiday on...   I must admit that I didn’t stop to think that the heat of this weekend is why I’ve been saying my vision seems blurrier than usual! Doh..!  

• Do my symptoms sound familiar?

Hello   I hope no one minds me joining and posting here. I don't have a diagnosis of MS but I have a long and tedious list of random symptoms. I feel I'm being fobbed off by my GP who seems to think I'm either a hypochondriac or depressed. I don't think I'm either. I know some of the following are normal for a 45 year old working mum, but I'm listing everything to give a full picture... 
        Stomach issues and weight loss Twitching muscles / nerves and jerking fingers Sore, burning patches of skin (shoulder / armpit and thighs) Weird numb, weak feeling in left forearm Stiff, weak hands Clumsiness Blurred vision at times Lower back pain Random pins and needles Poor memory and concentration Dizziness / feeling spaced out Exhaustion Anxiety Zero libido   I've had various tests and the only things that have come up are B12 deficiency (not pernicious anaemia), positive ANA and a hiatus hernia. GP says that none of these are likely to be causing my symptoms. I experienced a sudden earlyish menopause a few years ago but HRT hasn't helped me feel better. GP is reluctant to treat B12 as tests for PA were negative, despite me eating a good diet and taking supplements at the time.    The burning skin, finger jerking and weird feeling in my arm are new symptoms over the past couple of months and are what has led me here.   I know nobody here can diagnose me of course. I just wonder whether my GP should be doing more. They don't seem remotely interested to be honest.   Thank You
      H

• Advice on symptoms?

Just wondering if you lot could advise meon something?   I've been getting back pain, neck/jaw spasms, random bruising, confusion and altered sensations such as; pins and needles, numbness and crawling on my skin.   They first suspected something to do with the kidneys, I had an ultrasound and everything looked clear to them.   Tonight, I experienced breathlessness and severe pains in my sides, as i was walking, felt as if something was moving inside of me.   I'm young, dumb and not sure what to do next lol.   Thanks, Paige :) xx

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.