The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
derby42

essential key worker

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

derby42

Good morning all, I'm confused. If someone is in reciept of Carers allowance does this make them a key worker? Ive read on the gov.uk site that ms in included on the list for critical care/need but one minute my ms nurse rings to say my letter is on the way as Im on Gilenya and then she calls to say I wont be getting a letter! Then the supermarkets all text me offering me special slots. Can anyone advise me please?

derby x

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@derby42 , whether someone is a keyworker is fairly academic, we all need to take care.

As far as questions regarding covid-19 and how we manage ourselves and our medications, I would look at this website, which contains the latest advice, "straight from the Horse's Mouth":-

SITES.GOOGLE.COM

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@derby42 , although this website gives a more precise answer :-

cropped-bg-v1-2-1-270x270.jpg
MULTIPLE-SCLEROSIS-RESEARCH.ORG

I am being asked why I have moved ocrelizumab and other anti-CD20 therapies into the low-risk categories of DMTs in my latest version of my DMT table. The reasons I use to justify the...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

derby42

Its the testing criteria John, they've given him a slot but Im not so sure he should go because although he is my carer and thats essential to me Im  not sure he fits the official criteria. I'd hate to do wrong but hes a little symptomatic, mixed race and worried. 

derby x

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@derby42 , If he's got a slot, then he should go and get tested. That would allow both of you to stop stressing about the situation.

Sluggish
Marina

The MS Research Blog that John linked to has a wealth of information on coronavirus, covid-19 and the DMTs. It is rather confusing, though, isn't it, when the opinions about it keep changing!

You say your carer is "a little symptomatic". Do you mean he has symptoms of the virus? If so, should he not be self-isolating, and maybe attempting to get one of these new tests, although they all seem to have "sold out" within minutes today?

Re essential key workers, I don't know if these links might help?

3000.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Health secretary expands criteria to include all essential workers and their families in England

This link is what the above article refers to:

Edited by Marina
Edited to: “Should he not”, as was reversed!
  • Like 1

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)