The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
ptlike

Holiday of a lifetime

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

ptlike

Hi, I was lucky to be able to go on a world cruise in January, didn't quite manage the whole world due to covid. Europe and Asia was crossed off but can i recommend P&O. I had spent previous two years in hospital and decided I had to go in January or accept I may never get the opportunity again. 

If anyone has any questions please ask, I will only be too pleased to answer. 

Best wishes

Peter

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@ptlike , so, another tick on the bucket list.

Sounds amazing. Shame Covid complicated matters......

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Sluggish
Marina

@ptlike, how super to hear from you again, Peter! I was getting a bit worried that something may have happened to you... I'm so glad you managed to get some pleasure time out of your cruise even if it had to be cut short by the dreaded virus... If Europe and Asia were crossed off, where were you able to go and what did you manage to see?

What happened, though, that you had to be in hospital for two years?!?

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

ptlike

Hi Marina

P&O staff on the ship were fantastic, the only thing they don't do is dress you lol. 

I got celulitus in my leg one year then I fell on the floor another due to shingles and ms. I was stuck for 3 days, I had kidney failure, shingles mainly on my face and head and a large pressure sore. I felt so sick I couldn't reach my mobile or landline. I was lucky that a friend rang several times, became worried I hadn't answered so rang 999, there ends my tale of woe. 

How arse you? 

Best wishes Peter

ptlike

Hi John, yep I managed to reduce my bucket list by 1 ha

Best wishes

Peter

Sluggish
Marina

Wow, Peter, what an absolutely horrendous time you've had! It must've been quite frightening to have been stuck all alone like that for 3 whole days, thank goodness for your friend! I'm very glad, though, that you really enjoyed your cruise, even if was cut short, to help recover from those two awful years and all that time in hospital.

When on the cruise, were you able to go out and about and view any sights, etc?

Marina

ptlike

Hi marina. Yes I was able to get out but p&o trips were restricted if your in a wheelchair but USA and Australian buses are very acessable. Poorer countries such as  Barbados have poor paths and kerbs which make life difficult in a wheelchair. 

Best wishes

Peter

Sluggish
Marina

I'm glad you were able to do some sight-seeing, even if not Barbados and similar islands! It's good to know that the USA and Australia have accessible buses; there are still parts of Europe that are slow to make transport accessible.

I'm sure you'll forever have happy memories of your cruise :flowerface:

Marina