The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Nick

Report on MS/Covid 19 Study

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Nick

Just thought you would all be interested in this

11.cover-source.jpg
JNNP.BMJ.COM

In the early phases of the UK COVID-19 outbreak, in the absence of clear evidence about the risks for people with multiple sclerosis (pwMS) and those taking immunomodulatory disease-modifying therapies (DMT), we launched a...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just another Warrior...........

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Understanding MRI report

I’m  not sure if anyone can back me. I have left a message for my nurse but unfortunately it does take time for an answer. Anyway just got my latest mri report & I’m really confused by what they’ve said. Am I right in thinking it is saying they’re is signs although low my lesions have got worse🤔
      also I don’t get the meaning of the comparison to my other mri🥺🙈 any help greatly appreciated💞
      ‘corresponding low T1 signal denoting chronicity of the lesions. 
      Known MS, followup, the current study shows stable supratentorial white matter demyelinating plaques, compared to March 23 scan with no MRI evidence of active plaques by diffusion criteria non contrast criteria only.’

in General Discussion about MS

• MS-SMART Study

Hi everyone   MS-SMART study still have spaces for their latest research into using known drugs in MS. They are looking for people with Secondary Progressive MS. They are repurposing three drugs and the deadline is April 2016. I don't know whether any of you might want to participate, but I have just received this information so have a look and see what you think.   http://www.omstc.org/2016/03/ms-smart-study-100-go-inbox-x/   Happy Easter everyone!   Great Dane x

• TONIC Research Study

The Trajectories of Outcome in Neurological Conditions (TONiC) study is one of the largest ever quality of life studies for people with neurological conditions in the UK. It will identify factors that affect quality of life in conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Motor Neurone Disease (MND) and will develop disease-specific models showing how these factors interact.   If you are cared for by MS Nurses in the following areas :-   Brighton Cumbria Leeds Liverpool Oxford Preston Salford / Manchester Sheffield Southampton   you may be able to contribute to this research.   More details here :- https://tonic.thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk/  

• The MRI report is in... just waiting for the phone to ring

Hi everyone   Spoke to the Immunologists secretary this morning, my MRI report is in however she won't tell me anything just that she is going to get him to ring me this afternoon when he gets in.... the suspense is killing me!!   Not been feeling too great over the last few days head is banging again and neck is stiff and feeling drunk again aaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh :) xxxxx

• GOT MY MS REPORT NOW IM LAUGHING

Reading this report from a supposed ms speacilist i have gone past crying to wanting beat his brains to now laughing the more i read and take it in the more im thinking his for real. I have a few neurologist due to the fact no one seems to have clue so i have been passed from department to department. The report confirms a negative rombergs test and convergenec in both eyes with IMO not related to ms and a list of eight other symptons one being a new thing both hips have a mild flexion weakness. Since 2002 they have know this but failed to tell me so now i am stunned im i stupid or should a neurologist know someone who deals with brain and spinal disease when there is significant symptons. Can any you help i would gladly answer any questions       HAZEXX

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.