The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Jo-Louise

I’m new and looking for your advise please

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Jo-Louise

Good evening, so I have decided to sign up and ask for all your advise. I understand only a doctor can diagnose, but I am now thinking I have been Mis-diagnosed. So I have had pins and needles/ painful legs and severe headaches for the last 3 years but I have spent the last year in agony, rapidly getting worse. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia although I haven’t seen a consultant of any type. I am under the impression that you have good and bad days with fibromyalgia. I’m in constant agony all the time. Some days I can’t even move out of bed.

Im struggling with the pain in my legs and feet it’s like a painful tingle. I get muscle cramps and spasms all over especially in my legs and hands. I get shoots down my arms. My lower back causes pain which comes and goes & Neck pain which causes headaches and pain over my eyebrows which shoot down my right side of face which is agony in my ear and teeth. This pain comes and goes, sometimes on and off all day then not for days/weeks. 
I get this feeling when I need to sleep I need to sleep! It just comes over and I can’t stop myself. I feel tired all the time.

I keep getting this really sharp pain under and around my ribs.

I forget everything. Drives my husband insane! And my other concern is when I urinate I have to strain to get it out. Not sure if this is even something to worry about but I get the urge like normal to go toilet but it just won’t come out. 
Im not sure if I’m over thinking this but I no this is by far the best place to ask. I appreciate any help and advise any one can offer me. Thank you Jo x

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Hi @Jo-Louise ,

I can understand why you've joined us, you're quite rightly looking for answers.

Neurological symptoms can be difficult to be pinned down to a specific cause, as your symptoms can present in various conditions. A Neurologist is best placed to "eliminate the possibles, then investigate the probables".

So, see your GP and request a referral to a Neurologist for a second opinion.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you get on.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Jo-Louise

Thank you for your reply. Yes I think a neurologist is my only way forward. Just struggling to come to terms of these changes. I’m 32 with two children so deep down I think I’m screaming out for answers or a magic wand. I don’t think even I know what I’m asking. I think if I new and had the answers I could deal with this as lot better. 
Ive spent so many nights sat up reading all sorts to try and understand what is happening to me. I drop full cups and dinners etc and my kids look at me as if to say why did you do that!! 
It’s awful to read through some of the discussions on here, and I don’t want anyone to think bad of me to think this upon myself. But I believe because of the symptoms being very similar to other conditions that maybe someone has been in my situation and could put me at ease even! Thank you again and I hope everyone has a lovely day x

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@Jo-Louise , fear of the unknown is pervasive and can be all consuming, so I understand where you are coming from. We get left to our own devices and head straight for Dr Google. Whilst this may provide potential answers, it can also find all manner of inappropriate stuff, which can scare you witless, so is not recommended.

So, using what you've said above, create a short, concise list of all the symptoms that you have experienced. This should be a good justification for your GP to make a referral for you. This list will also be useful when this referral comes through.

Whilst one of the possible answers may be MS, you need to be aware that there are some of us, who may be in a bad way. But, we've had MS for a long time. We haven't enjoyed the benefits of the quantum leaps made by medical science over the last couple of decades. So, potential prognoses are a lot more positive now.

Once your underlying condition has been properly identified, then a treatment plan can be made, which will include the provision of (correct?) symptom management treatment.

:moonieman:

• Like 1

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"