The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Jaynee

Moving your body!

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Jaynee

I have lived with MS  14 years ( now SPMS), I’m housebound but I’m not in wheelchair! I walk and balance a bit dodgy !!

I try to exercise so I don’t seize up and I teach other warriors exercises too !! It’s great mentally & physically! It increases fitness, endurance, strength, flexibility, gait, posture, balance, coordination and mood ! Decreasing spasisity, pain, weight, fatigue!!

If you have MS like me ...

If your balance is not good...

If your walking is dodgy...

If your body is seizing up...

If your symptoms are exacerbating...

DO THIS, SEATED, STANDING, LYING ONLY:

“Multiple Sclerosis Fitness with Jayne MSer & Warrior “: YouTube U.K. Try if you are able to 💋Big hug 💋

Encouragement, inspiration and help is all I want to give!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Body temperature

Hello friends I am a student and i believe i have found a treatment i hope we can ask the medical board to allow. I believe that adjusting body temperature will help in treating MS. Just like when a person goes outside when its cold. They forget about what they were thinking and focus on the cold. The reason is their veins get more narrow which stores more oxygen and makes them focus. I am having made a needle that adjusts blood temperature so veins are more narrow and stores more oxygen. The needle also heats up the blood and releases oxygen. It makes a person warm when its cold outside and cold when its warm. Theres no drugs. Its only a needle that heats and cools blood. I only ask for advocates to ask the medical board to allow the device to be used. I promise it will help a lot. Please reply  I hope you like what I share James

in General Discussion about MS

• Body temperature

Hi everyone, I've been sitting in the lovely warm sun this morning, reading my Kindle, sunglasses & hat on when I decided it was time to move around. Well! I felt really unwell & was glad to take a proffered strong hand. Feeling much better now in the cool of the sitting room and after a long drink. Just made me wonder if ms can make you lose your temperature awareness & control. This would also explain my sudden sneezing fits! Any views out there? Jill x

• body temperature ?

does ms play a part in body temperature ? I have no cold or flu symptons always feeling the cold,ive got the heating on full ,and family are moaning its too hot !!,and stripped of to the bare minium !! tc guys xx

• weird sensation over body when drying hair

Hi, I don't know why but I've just noticed that when I'm drying my hair (quite vigourosly) I'm getting weird tingly sensations all over my body. I can replicate whenever I rub my scalp.   Has anyone else ever experienced this ?   Steve

• Maybe moving areas...., neuro dept considerations...

Hi All, As some of you know I went back to college this september to start an Access to Higher Education course, with the view to going to Uni next year. I live in Cambridge, so if I stay local I have either actual Cambridge as a choice, or the 'other uni' which is ranked 106 out of 116 in the country .... talk about both ends of the spectrum! So, considering I am going to leave with the same amount of debt no matter where I go, I figure I might get more bang for my buck if I choose the best uni I can academically manage to get in to. There are so many practicalities to consider with regards to moving, and MS is not helping.   As I am on Tysabri, I would want to be sure I could still have that if I moved areas. Does anyone know if this would definitely be possible anywhere I go, or could some areas refuse it? (for instance if they have different criteria or a limited number of patients allowed on it or something?)   I keep meaning to ring the MS nurse about it, but am putting it off as I feel a bit bad for bothering them with that and not something directly medical.....so I thought I'd just ask here to see if anyone has any experience of moving areas and the differences in treatment etc.   Also, if I stay locally, and go to the less prestigious (or rather, not prestigious) Uni, then I have the chance to study in Canada in the 2nd year for 6months, this is very appealing to me because I have always wanted to go to Canada and feel it would be a good in between of not moving away but still having a good experience. Does anyone know what implications that might have for treatment, continuing tysabri etc? Someone suggested to me I might not be allowed a visa in to the country due to health reasons, is that possible?   Any thoughts are much appreciated on this, I have a big decision to make and have got to make it quick if I'm going to apply to anywhere decent, I need to get it done in the next couple weeks.....arrrghhhh.....   Now back to that personal statement *lesigh*..   Mustard

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.