The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Green95

Copaxone - Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Green95

Has anyone else had personal data issues with this NHS contractor? They appear to withhold medication deliveries unless patients agree to sending answers to intrusive personal medical questions over non-secure email services. 

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@Green95 , the following webpage explains about the data policy of Lloyds Pharmacy:-

LPCLINICALHOMECARE.CO.UK

Privacy Notice This Privacy Policy explains what information we collect about you, how we may use it, and the steps we take to ensure that it is kept secure. We also explain your rights and...

There are contact numbers included for any queries, which may be useful.

Please let us all know how you get on.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Green95

@Stumbler thank you. We feel like we're being held hostage. Answer our questions or no meds!

Crappy
Marina

Hi Green95 and welcome!

You sound like someone who’s rightly concerned about privacy. You might find the "medConfidential" site interesting, although it’s mainly about GP records - http://medconfidential.org/

I’m not sure if this page of theirs covers what you’ve posted about, as it mentions pharmacies such as Boots and Pharmacy2U:

Either way, if you’re concerned about privacy related to your GP records and the NHS, you might find the site informative, but it does need a bit of digging around and concentration to figure a lot of it out!

• Thanks 1

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Green95

Thanks marina, I'll take a look.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Starting Copaxone

I am going to start Copaxone but I’m worried about the side effects. Can anyone tell me their experience on the drug?

in General Discussion about MS

• Siponimod clinical trial

Hi,   Is anyone else on this forum participating in the Expand Study, looking at safety and efficacy of siponimod in SPMS?   I have been on this trial for 9 months now. It hasn't slowed my progression at all. The only thing it has done is raise my blood pressure and I now have to take blood pressure tablets. I am also now suffering from dry eyes (my tears feel like acid when I cry), although I don't know if this is a side effect of the drug or not.   My dilemma is do I stay on the trial or not. I know this is providing useful data for the drugs company. However, if it is of no benefit to me and I stay on the trial I honestly believe it won't be long before I am permanently in a wheelchair, if I continue to "progress" at the rate I am. While I am on the trial I can't pursue any alternative treatments. I know there is nothing out there for SPMS but perhaps I could try another trial. Is anyone out there trying anything that is proving to be effective at slowing the progression of their SPMS.   Really not sure what I should do.   Gill

• Clinical trial

Hi Everyone,   I received a phone call yesterday from the hospital where I see the MS nurse asking me if I wanted to participate in a new clinical trial that is underway for individuals who have secondary progressive multiple sclerosis ( SPMS). The drug, siponimod, is an immune system-modulating treatment designed to be a more selective sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor modulator than Gilenya (fingolimod).   So I was wondering of anyone out there is on Fingolimod / Gilenya? Not sure which is the name it is more commonly known as. Can you tell me what you think of it?   I am also on the waiting list for the MS-SMART trial. (where existing drugs for motor neurone disease, asthma and heart disease are being tested as possible treatments for advanced multiple sclerosis (MS).) This trial was supposed to start last Autumn but they have fallen way behind schedule and still haven't recruited any participants.   Clinical trials seem to be like buses - none for ages then two come along at once!!   My dilemma is which trial should I go on? If I wait for the MS-SMART trial I might find I do not fulfil the criteria and I have missed out on the Siponimod trial. I guess it is all a gamble - the professionals don't yet know which treatment is going to work. Plus I might end up on the placebo.   To add to the complications I have just started LDN and I am tempted just to wait and see if I see any improvement form taking it.   Sorry for such a long rambling post but I am feeling quite confused.   Any words of wisdom would be gratefully received.   Gill xx

• Anyone else on Copaxone

Hi everyone!   I have been using copaxone for three weeks. I don't mind the injections everyday, actually i get a kick out of finding new spots, so i can play dot-to-dot on my body, light humour, gotta keep that going.   What has started out fine I now get welts on my thighs. So stopped injecting into there, i now do my tummy, arms and buttocks. Again don't mind that but i spent the entire of last night scratching my injection site from yesterday on my left arm, huge welt there. Welt and redness there before scratching. Really itchy and i am using shear determination right now to not scratch. Did my tummy today, no problems. I am just running out of spots and kinda worried. I have been rotating them all aswell.   Has anyone else had this much trouble and what did you do to relieve it?   Thank you   Jennifer x

• clinical trials?

Hi everyone-I hope you are all doing ok?   Seeing the Neuro soon and was thinking of enquiring about enrolling on a clinical trial of some kind. Just wondered if anyone has any experiences of these trials? And if so how does it impact on your daily life? Interested to hear all thoughts on this, thanks. Laura x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.