The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Eastendgirl

Question...

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Stressed
Eastendgirl
Obviously relapses don’t last for years, so at what point do symptoms of a relapse become classed as residual damage, after a few weeks? Months?
Even after being dx for years, still finding it hard getting my head around all the in's and out's of the minefield that is MS.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@Eastendgirl , MS is confusing, so don't feel alone in that aspect.

The following website may answer some of your questions, but sometimes it isn't black and white :-

WWW.MSSOCIETY.ORG.UK

In relapsing remitting MS (RRMS) people have attacks of new and old symptoms, this is called a relapse. Around 85% of people with multiple sclerosis are diagnosed with RRMS...

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Stressed
Eastendgirl

Thanks for the link @Stumbler I had already read the pages on the MS Society forum. It doesn't really answer the question, but I'm guessing it's because there isn't a definitive answer.  There seems to be more questions than answers with MS.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

You're right, @Eastendgirl, MS has various shades of grey as not much is a definite black or white.

But, this is like life itself, full of the unpredictable. So, perhaps MS isn't so bad as far as uncertainty is concerned.......😕

So, what part of the East End. I'm Forest Gate born and bred.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Stressed
Eastendgirl

Lol, Walthamstow!

Procrastinating
Stumbler

That's next door to Walford, innit?

I don't regard myself as a genuine Eastender as I wasn't born within the sound of Bow Bells! No, that's a genuine cockney, innit? 🤣🤣🤣

Stressed
Eastendgirl

Haha, Walthamstow isn't within the sound of bow bells either! I've now lived in Wales for longer than I ever lived in London.

• Love 1

Balanced
Happymama

Boreda!

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Cael diwrnod braf , @Happymama

Stressed
Eastendgirl

Bore da, braf cwrdd a chi Happymama  :wave:  Mae fy Gymraeg yn sylfaenol iawn....

I hope I've got that right!  My brain is a bit befuddled at the moment. A bad combination of very little sleep/change of meds/menopause.... am feeling stressed to the max right now.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

A allwn ni fynd yn ôl i'r Saesneg. Mae cymedroli Cymraeg yn mynd yn gymhleth ...... :lolbash:

@Eastendgirl , you need to rest and relax. Consider Mindfulness, or just get the chocolate out and pamper yourself. You're worth it.

Stressed
Eastendgirl
13 minutes ago, Stumbler said:

A allwn ni fynd yn ôl i'r Saesneg. Mae cymedroli Cymraeg yn mynd yn gymhleth ...... :lolbash:

@Eastendgirl , you need to rest and relax. Consider Mindfulness, or just get the chocolate out and pamper yourself. You're worth it.

Haha... yes of course. I rarely converse in Welsh, it's mostly Liverpool, Wirral and Manchester here in my part of Wales anyway.

Thank you, I feel I do nothing but rest @Stumbler  My life has gone from 100mph to zero over the last couple of years.

I hope my reply appears this time, it just disappeared before... bad case of p.i.c.n.i.c (problem in chair, not in computer!)

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Keep hanging in there, @Eastendgirl , tomorrow will be a better day.

Hmmm PICNIC, I'll have to remember that one

I'm stuck with:-

DILLIGAS - Do I Look Like I Give A S*** ; and

ATFARD - Attempting To F*** A Rolling Doughnut!

Stressed
Eastendgirl

doglaugh.gif

I've given up on the 'other' MS site, too cliquey and some of the responses are just plain rude.

How are you today @Stumbler?

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Good morning, @Eastendgirl , I must admit, I've been feeling better, I just can't remember when though! :lol4:

I could grumble, but nobody wants to listen! :lolsign:

Well, that's the rhetoric finished with, I'm not too bad. Another day, another dollar.

How are things over in Wales? Must be so much better than Walthamstow. I've never regretted evacuating either.

Hope you're well.