The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Eastendgirl

The MonSter

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Stressed
Eastendgirl

Bad night, weird dreams. Woke up completely locked-up in one position and for a few seconds couldn't feel my legs below my knees... that's a new one, never had that before!

Cog-fog - can't think of words, know what I want to say but struggling to find the right names for things. Thinking I've done things only to find I haven't and doing things I later don't remember.

Lost balance when getting dressed.

Someone please just put me out of my misery now.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@Eastendgirl , I've got a gun, so send me your address! :gunray:

Not really, I haven't got a gun and North Wales is one helluva journey for me!

For what it's worth, the sensory feedback from my lower legs means that I'm never sure if my legs are crossed or not, without looking at them!

I also suffer from my legs not wanting to move in the morning. I just relax and try them in a minute or so. :mummy:

Cog-fog, yes! Word blindness is quite common. And it's so frustrating as I have an extensive vocabulary. But, I use the inbuilt Thesaurus on my PC to home in on the word I want. :what:

Yep, I believe in the hear after too. I go into another room and think, "What am I here after?"! :what:

Balance? A disaster area! :oldman:

Overall, in the grand scheme of things, these are frustrations, but no biggies. Try and keep a sense of perspective.

I hope this makes you feel a tad better.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Stressed
Eastendgirl

Lol, thank you @Stumbler that made me laugh... I love your sense of humor!

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@Eastendgirl , if we can't laugh, I'd use the gun on myself................

Take care and keep smiling.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Monster?

Have i turned into somekind of monster..or what??   I am more than aware of the past few months, and yes i have been in a mess, but avoiding me,being embarrassed to talk to me, not making conversation will do nothing to help!   Or am i being selfish?   I am still me, warts and all, i won't break down or hurt you if you speak to me.     What is this "british" thing of ....if we don't mention it, it's not real!!   Do any of you find this in life or am i being over-sensitive?   Cazza x

in General Discussion about MS

• Penalised for fighting the monster

Hi Everyone so i have spent most of the day today crying! I am having a bad day as i have a cold so i was having a duvet day!! When i was rudely awoken by a letter being delivered from the DWP. When i opened it i was upset to see they are investigating me for fraud!!! So as you can imagine i was shocked and got straight on the phone. The man on the other end told me that as i get high mobility it means i am unable to walk i told him yes on some days thats correct but on a better day i can walk ok he told me yes i know as we have videoed you walking your rather large dogs!! I told him yes i walk the dogs on my better days as the Nuero told me its the best thing to do to keep my muscle tone i also told him but after did you video me retiring to my bed for the rest of the day because i was out of energy? He has told me i have to attend an interveiw next week where he will tell me all the evidence against me! i have been in touch with my MS nurse who thinks this is ridiculous! At the end of the day i am being penalised because i choose to fight this shitty illness and keep going! And if i chose to give in and let it take me i would be rewarded! I am not going to give in to MS ever and if that means im a bad person then tuff! When i feel ok i do walk my dogs and go out of the house as when i feel bad i stay home and the dogs understand that mummy cant walk them that day and they are quite happy to run around the gardens. He even had the cheek to say that when he delivered the letter the dogs didnt bark i told him yes because they were in the dinning room with the blinds closed so they wouldnt wake me! i think he was trying to say i was out walking them. I know quite a few people who are fudging the system when they are fit and well and if i had a chance to be fit and well id rather be that than have to claim government money because somedays im so debillitated by this shit illness that i cant even get out of bed!! Rant over lol I just feel so sad just now!

• Is this what it feels like when the monster pays a visit

Hi everyone,   Wanted some advice, I woke up this morning with what feels like a numb neck and chest. I can still feel it, but it feels really strange. I also seem to have this really bizarre stabbing pain (like I have pulled a muscle) at the top of my left thigh when I walk.   Earlier this week my mouth felt numb and I had burning pains in my head. Do you think this is an escalation of that.   I am seeing the Neuro a week on Monday, as my MRI and blood tests have come through, so can have a word with him. Just wanted some advice, as this feels just horrible.   Thanks.   Kazzy

• monster paying a visit

Hi everyone   I woke up this morning feeling like i have been run over....one side of my face is all tingly sensation and i have a small coldsore on my lip.. My right leg is in bits... horrid sensations from burning to loss of sensation... my feet feel horrible too....so yuk i cant put my trainers on etc.   My left leg is more the same but not as bad as the right..... I was fine yesterday....it has just come so sudden....also the fatigue has come too..   I feel gutted and so upset about it.... I always get so upset..... when it comes... You would think by now i would be used to it coming but i get really scared.. as to how long will it last how bad will it get?? etc I have just gone back to work after being off for 2wks with flu.... i couldnt go anywhere today only to the sofa... I hope it goes soon... Maybe the stress of Conor's dad being so ill last week has flared it all up... it really hurts walking even to just the kitchen... Will rest up and do nothing again and hope it passes.... Soon i hope.. Sorry for being such a Misery Guts.. Love Linda xx

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.