The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
UghHelpXx

MS and COVID 19

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

UghHelpXx

Heyy so I am boosted and vaccinated bit have been incredibly sick with covid. Especially nausea and worsened MS symptoms anyone else the same? 

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@UghHelpXx , I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from a recent COVID Infection.

I have been fortunate that I have managed to avoid this pandemic. But, I had been advised that I was considered to be vulnerable so I was advised of a procedure to follow that should kick in once I'd had a positive PCR test.

As I understand it, if I was positive, I would be eligible for the new anti-virals, wHich should minimise the COVID mpact.

So, contact your MS Nurse, if you have one, and/or your GP regarding the procedure for managing vulnerable people.

Hope it clears up soon.

:moonieman:

Edited by Stumbler
Typo

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

UghHelpXx

Got my IV Antivirals well worth it if any of you get offered it definitely take it 

• Like 1

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Hope it does the job for you, @UghHelpXx .

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Covid-19: Two new treatments available from mid-December

“The government has announced that people with MS in the UK will be eligible for one of two new treatments if they catch COVID-19. Currently, treatments are only available for people already in hospital.”   MS and COVID-19: Two new treatments available from mid-December WWW.MSSOCIETY.ORG.UK Find out about new COVID-19 treatments for people with MS.  

in General Discussion about MS

• Long covid and the immune system

Hello everyone......have you heard the news about long covid? The scientists have found a trigger in the immune system which is involved in this reaction. Hmmm, sounds like this is something closely related to the development of ms 🙄 Lets hope they think laterally.

• Covid-19 vaccine information

Interesting article about the various vaccines for coronavirus from the MS Research Blog:   The best protection against anti-Vaxers…is knowledge. – Multiple Sclerosis Research Blog MULTIPLE-SCLEROSIS-RESEARCH.ORG Want to learn about the new vaccine in the news. Watch the video from Dr Professor Roger Seheult from Webcram below. The information starts at 2min and is 20minutes long. The first...    

• Covid--19 Vaccines and DMD

Morning all, I hope that everyone is keeping safe as they can at this awful time.   I just wondered if there was any information about the new vaccines that are going to be available and those of us on DMD treatments.  I have had 2 course of Ocrevus which I do appreciate lowers my immunity, but this new vaccine has got the live virus in it, so that "normal" people will be able to build an immnunity, so really my question is, if my family have the vaccine, am I going to be at risk?  My daughter (who lives with me at 20!) is a care worker in a residential home, so will be offered it.  What are the risks of me catching Covid-19 if she has the vaccine?   Can anyone offer any answers or direction.   Thanks all, I really do find comfort in the information I read on here.   Michelle

• Report on MS/Covid 19 Study

Just thought you would all be interested in this   Self-diagnosed COVID-19 in people with multiple sclerosis: a community-based cohort of the UK MS Register JNNP.BMJ.COM In the early phases of the UK COVID-19 outbreak, in the absence of clear evidence about the risks for people with multiple sclerosis (pwMS) and those taking immunomodulatory disease-modifying therapies (DMT), we launched a...    

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.