The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
SkattyBell

WORRYING

79 posts in this topic Last Reply

davslav

Righit on but when is it early dx.Twenty years or thirty how many of us ware told not to wory and grow out of it.AND we did.Till NOW.

Markie

Good luck Skatty with your phone call today. Our thoughts are with you and we hope that you will finally get some where. Take care

Mark + ANN xx

SkattyBell

Thanks to you both.

Even the simple task of making of a phone call has become frought with problems.

I have to wait in for a delivery and then travel to my mum's 8 miles away to make the call from there.(we have been cut off. :jazzband:) I am itching to egt on to the phone. Normally I am quite good at communicating over the phone, I seem to have more confidence than in a face to face conversation, just recently my speech can end up aliitle jumbled so I hope things do'nt come out a**e about t*t (excuse the expression) Feeling good tho. and optomistic, the sun is shiming, the birds are singing and I am prepared for all eventualities with regards to talking to someone at the hospital, ggood or bad.

Love to you all.

O.X.O.

SkattyBell
undefined

SkattyBell

:jazzband::cheers:

Sorry all I was trying to insert a qoute from Davslavs' previous post here, about early dx?

Anyway Davslav am I right in assuming you have had problems for many years that you feel could be put down to MS previous to your dx?

You could be right, many of us will never know.

Ever since my early teens ther e have been times when I've had health probs. on and off, but I have never given them much thought, like you say.... until now. No matter how much I try to put past events behind me... it seems like they are coming back to haunt me now. One very strange occurrence happened after I had been to the races and was celebrating a profitable evening with a few fellow race-goers. It must have been at least twelve years ago..... I remember being in good spirits ant my local pub I had had about the equivealent of only two to three units/ measures and from chatting quite happily about my good fortune that evening when evrything went blank, just like someone had pulled a light switch...nothing total wipeout! The next think I knew I woke up back at home at my parents house, ( 3 miles away) on the living-room sofa and fully clothed.... no matter how much I have drunk on previous occasions, I have never blanked out and I had only just started my third drink...Honest!

I was extremely alarmed and even got to wondering if my drink had been spiked, but I had as far as I remember never let my drink out of my sight. My best mate had gone home early as she had been working shifts and was tired so I could'nt ask her what had happened. The barman/pub owner was not much help and just found it all funny and told me that two of the blokes (whom I had known for years and thought I could trust) had taken me home.

When I caught up with these two they confirmed that they had indeed taken me home and I got the impression that they thought I'd had too much to drink and found it all quite amusing!

A gut feeling was that nothing untoward had happened with respect to the two who got me home, but I have always felt that something was not quite right with what happened that night. I had totally 'lost' a full 14 hours somewhere along the way.

I was too embarressed to report it to a doctor at the time. This episode still worries me now.

O.X.O.

Skats.

ddgorgeous

Skatty,

Just over 20 years ago someone did spike my drink after they had approached me and a group of friends in a pub in the centre of Glasgow.

The stranger was trying to buy drugs and when we told him to try elsewhere he was obviously embarrased about it. A few minutes later he returned with a drink to apologise in the hope we would not mention it.

I had no intention of drinking it, but the group of friends I was with were slower at finishing their own drinks before we left to go to a nightclub. While waiting for my friends to drink up, I had that drink.

I lived not too far from where we were, but I went home on my hands and knees that night and could barely get up the stairs of the close where I lived.

All I can assume is that the drink I had drunk from the stranger had been spiked with something.

I felt totally embarrased about it, as I was usually careful not to let any drink out of my sight.

In the morning I felt ok, just a bit stupid.

A friend from a ship had her drink spiked in Rio in Brasil. She was very lucky, as she was spotted being dragged towards the fire escape of the nightclub. The Police said afterwords that if they had got her out the fire escape, she might not be alive. Rio was famous for drugging people and then removing organs from them. The first a person would know is when they woke up in a hotel room after the surgery alone and without an organ like a kidney or liver etc. It really was shocking.

Ron :jazzband:

ppms, dx 2001

SkattyBell
How frightening! I am greatful for living such a sheltered life at times! I really do think that both men involved were just concerned and looking out for me, but perhaps presumed I had drunk too much too much and had been stupid in that respect. The thing that I can't get my head around is that I really had not had any amount.... I was not even 'merry' just in a good mood and the total speed of blackout worried me...no warning signs of dizziness. One minute standing and chatting and totally lucid, the next - TOTAL NOTHING for a full 14 hours! The more I think about it the wierder it all seems, I have NEVER slept or been out of it for that length of time, even when I have been poorly, exhausted or drunk. It just is not 'me'. Most strange.O.X.O.Skatty.

ddgorgeous

Skatty,

It sounds like your drink was spiked with something. I would not think it normal to only have a small amount of alcohol and then to forget the next 14 hours, if it was that easy I would do it every weekend!. You might have been quite lucky in some respects in that your friends were taking care of you, it sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Ron :jazzband:

ppms, dx 2001

SkattyBell

Hello,

Just reporting on how things went or did'nt as the caes may be.

I have been told that there is no consultant at the moment within our local health trust and that they are trying to do their best to get in a locum... until then there is really nothing they can do, I just have to sit and wait....AGAIN!

Managed to get an appointment with yet another doc. who again tried to find out if it was at all possible to speed thoings up, he got exactly the same answers as I did, during my session he also asked me what my major worry was with regards to what I thought it could be. Nothing showing up in the blood tests and scan a lot of other major diseases ruled out so I must take a positive view, I can understand why they think like this, but I don't have to agree. "Had I considered the possibility that it could be CFS/ ME? Did I read the leaflets that were presented to me last time? Would I think again about considering medication to help ease thoings? You have seen lots of different doctors more or less coming up with the same conclusions...." All I could do was state that I was extremely unhappy with the way I have been left hanging on a thread time and time again and that my main worry was the way my life has been turned upside down over the past three years and that my quality of life is slowly getting worse; that somewhere the person I know I should be has been lost.

One of my neighbours has rheumatoid arthritis and has informed me that at the same health trust she has managed to get a test for nerve damage. EEG? (is this correct?)Her follow up appointment is Jun. 2nd. She is even perplexed at the way I am being treated.

I really do not know where to go from here, yet another obstacle to overcome.

In the mean-time I am sorry but the ring pull has come off the 'John Smiths' and by god it tastes good!

O.X.O.

Skatty.

Lula_lulabel

Hi Belle

I really think you should talk to your P.A.L.S rep from the hospital, contact your local P.C.T. and write a letter to your MP. Don't take anything less than what you are intitled to... Swot up on the N.I.C.E. document and then throw it at them! These people do not understand how damaging this life in "limbo-land" can be. Shout until you are heard honey... I had to! 18 months it took me, but if I had known what to do or where to go, things could have been different. I am with you all the way. It makes me so cross to think they can fob you off like this. It is your right to see someone else... perhaps in another area. It's worth looking into hun.

Take care

:jazzband:

Love Lula x

sprinkling magic all around

Michelle

Hi Skatty,

We all know how difficult a time this is..It's a b****y nightmare.. I strongly agree with Lula on this....Perhaps Lula and I are peas in a pod with our 'stance' if i can call it that...on making ourselves heard... I wrote to two MP's with regards to my treatment..Even went as far as an assembly member...

In my case they were useless, and i told them so :howdy: I AM IMPORTANT...

Not only to myself, but to my family and friends... If i was to go to a shop and purchase something that was faulty, I would take it back and complain.. I certainly would not pay for shoddy goods..

All the people involved in the treatment of your health are service providers...If they are not providing the service... then let them put up with the consequences of a customer,patient,client etc who is not happy...

Perhaps you can look at other options... If you are really poorly, or your condition worsens.. Get yourself admitted.. Not an easy option if you have commitments such as children or work...

I was lucky...My g.p actually told me that if my condition worsened she would have me admitted to get things moving..

Skatty, has your surgery got several doctors at the practice? If it has..it's like our surgery.. I actually see three doctors..

If i can't see my usual doctor due to him having another clinic..I make an appointment with another g.p.. Over the last 18months I have got to know these doctors, and inturn they me...

If one is not available I make no hesitation in requesting to see someone else..

Again,they are there to provide a service..

Anyhow, I really have gone on too much..

Hope your beer was nice:fridge:

All i have is a dull :cheers:

Michelle :jazzband:

SkattyBell

Thanks both of you.

I am not up to doing much at the moment, my energy has taken a big dive, probably got myself too fired up. I will probably try to rest and will pursue my case when I have more energy. I am starting to doubt my self a little and I am wavering... I might consider some form of meds. if I can't pick myself up again and I am even beginning to wonder if they are all right and all my symptoms are down to ME.

I could'nt even enjoy my extra smooth last night, did'nt even manage a tin before I felt really ill. More fuel to the fire there....not being able to tolerate booze at all, another symptom of ME.

O.X.O.

Skatty.

Michelle

Big ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Not sure if that's what you need.. But it's there if you need one :jazzband:

Michelle

Lula_lulabel

(((((BIG HUGS))))) from me too!

:chat::snail::chat::console::chat:

Thank god we have eachother.

Have you considered trying Ldn?

:howdy::hello::hehehe:

Keep smiling girls

:hehehe:

:chickendance:

Love Lula x

Markie

Hi Skatty , we send our love and support to you :chickendance::howdy::hello: and can relate to how you feel. Never forget you have many friends in the forum.

take care Mark + ANN xxxxxx

SkattyBell

Thankyoooo!

I will do as has been suggested and contact P.A.L.S.

I am going to ask if I can be seen somewhere else, I am prepared to travel. Not like I'm doing much else these days, I just hate the waiting game..... patience is not one of my virtues.

Love to all.

O.X.O.

Skatty.

Richas

I feel for you not having a neuro at all. Keep chasing.

I have now got an appointment for next Thursday (4th) to see mine but still no appointment with the ophthalmologist - they lost the paperwork! and he wants me to have some tests before I see him - visual acuity? but no date yet for these either.

Can't say I am looking forward to seeing the neuro really. Not sure I like him much and I'm not sure that carrying in two lots of MRI scans is going to make much difference, then there is the problem that it might make a difference....anyway I hope others will be having a more relaxing bank holiday weekend.

Sluggish
Marina

Oh my, Skatty...

I know I'm late in replying here, but everybody has pretty much said it all already. Just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you... :flowers2:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Michelle

Richas, Good Luck with your neuro appointment.. Be sure to let us know how you get on..

Skatty, How are you and have you any news with regards to a neuro?

Michelle :flowers2:

SkattyBell

Hello.

I received a letter this morning stating that a follow up appointment has been made for next Monday. 8th, if I remember correctly. Must get my act together and be prepared, hopefully there will not be enough time for them to cancel this one!

I am not sure if any of this has come about from GP chasing things or if it is just coincidence, but at least I have an appointment.

I am also going to pay my ?opthalmist?? a visit. I am not sure what info. he is able to divulge, but on routine checks (general eye health; I wear contacts sometimes and sometimes specs.) he has twice now made some strange, guarded comments that have got me wondering if he knows something I don't about the state of my eyes, but is uncertain as how or what to say. I may just be being paranoid now....small wonder with everything that has been going on. I am fatigued a lot of late, but hope things will pick up soon.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is making some form of headway with appointments, Dx's and treatments.

Good to see some familiar 'faces' back at the forum.

Take care all and keep those peckers up!

O.X.O.

Skatty.

ddgorgeous

Skatty,

Great news that you have an appointment for Monday, I hope it goes well :hairraising::hurra:

Ron :juggler:

ppms, dx 2001

Michelle

:bdaytoyou: for Monday

Love Michelle :angel:

Markie

Good luck Scatty , we hope all goes well on Monday. Take care

Mark + ANN

Lula_lulabel

Good Luck for today Belle... hope your appointment is better than this weather!

It's thunder and lightening here right now, and the rain is hammering down!

Don't forget to take your brolly!

:pathead:

Love Lula x

SkattyBell

Hello.

Thanks everyoneone for all the good luck messages.

I hope you are all having a GOOD day.

Apologies for not being my usual chatty self, I have had a lot to sort out at home. Personal probs. e.tc. and still trying to de-clutter. (might not happen in my life-time, but I keep trying! L.O.L.

Appoinment was a total waste of time, still no answers, not listened to properly and basically after the clinical evidence of one MRI I am being told that I do not have anything seriously wrong i.e. of neurological origin so have been advised to go to GP in a week or so for a prescription of anti-ds. (oh don't they just wish I would bugger off like a good little girl, take my meds. and become even 'foggier' and number than I aready am!). What they are offering amytriptyline? does not seem very agreeable to me, probably would make a lot of my symptoms worse, but what do I know ? I am just the patient.

Not sure where I go from here, maybe I am a neurotic depressive? It is looking more likely that I will have to go for a second opinion...what I have been dreading all along, or I could just give up and learn to just get on with things the best way I can and stop pestering all these docs, after all I not as bad off as some people.

I know that when I closed the consultants' door behind me, I was so angry and frustrated I coul have hit something and there have been tears on the way home.

I've calmed down a little now and will just take a while to rest and reflect on things.... I wish I had some good news to tell, I just want 'me' back. 'Me' of the energetic, happy, go getting person that I should be.

Take care, hopefully things wiil improve soon. At least we are having good weather here on the wolds, lots of sun without it being too warm, just right with a refreshing breeze!

O.X.O.

Skatty. :heartbeat: