The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
smiffy

Warm Front Grant

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

smiffy

I may be teaching my Grandmother to suck eggs, as the saying goes but I read on another MS site recently about grants towards loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, boiler replacement etc. Apparently the grants will finish at the end of this year. :tabletalk:

I contacted 0800 183 1051 and gave a few details and an Adviser is coming to see me in the next six to eight weeks. This looks like being the end of the year but I think that because I applied before the end of the year, if I am eligable for a grant it will be upheld.

Keep warm, but not too warm!

Bye for now

Shirley

petac

Hi all

I too have applied for a Warm Front grant and would advise all those eligible to phone up today. There are qualifying benefits and DLA is one. I had my letter this week to confirm that an advisor will be coming to see me:tabletalk: My house although only 20 years old is very cold so hopefully the advisor will recommend somethings to make it warmer and then I won't have to spend all day in a fleece :clapping:

Best wishes to all

Peta

PS I did try to apply on-line but was told I wasn't eligible, but when I phoned up they said I was, so perhaps by phoning the "personl" touch is better

Peta

catzzz.gif

manc1

To all who are interested,

I have just had a visit from an insulation company who will be installing(?) cavity wall insulation to our bungalow. NO CHARGE! and all because I receive DLA. no means test no checking bank accounts just free. I can't believe it. Roll on the 10 Dec.

regards P & P

crispy

Hi Paul & Pauline, :crutch::bye:

That's great news. It's good to hear that some of these grants actually do some good.

Keep warm and keep smiling, :D

:clapping:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Keeping your bits warm

Hello there,I have shoddy circulation in both lower legs and consequently my feet always feel cold.Socks,booties,in fact anything touching my feet causes more neuropathic pain in them.This makes keeping them warm a problem.......BUT, there is an invention which helps with the problem.The hair drier.   I have three dotted around my flat and I use them to try and keep my trotters warm.There's one by the bed, so I pre-heat my boots before I venture forth,use it to warm the bed up and even dry some of the exciting but less accessible parts of my knackered likkle body.   Just an idea which may help you if you have cold tootsies   Be lucky,   Wb

in General Discussion about MS

• Another day at the MS front

Most of us living with multiple sclerosis (MS) feel pretty bad at least some of the time.   Many of us would actually say that we spend large portions of our days feeling downright horrible. For some of us, our

• Disabled Facility Grant

Hi all, I thought I'd share this with you.   Going back several months, you may remember me mentioning that I'd had a visit from SS, who were arranging for the experts to visit, concerning adapting my bungalow for electric wheelchair access.   Following several visits, it was decided that the only way to achieve this, was rebuilding the conservatory and replacing existing doors. Obviously the cost of this was going to be way above the contents of my piggy bank and they came round again this week to help me fill in the grant application form.   Nobody, especially me, had any idea of what the outcome would be of my application, and I still don't. Perhaps I should wait to find out before going on too much, but I just couldn't believe the lunacy behind the forms.   There were pages and pages of it, and included all benefits and income that I have coming in - fair enough, that's what I expected. Any savings were also recorded and that was about it. What about the outgoings? I asked. They don't ask about any of that I was told :no:   Here we have an in depth prying form of means-test, where no part of it takes into account your expenses or money owed. I wouldn't expect it to include repayments on ordinary credit loans, but to not even include mortgage payments is crazy. We have previously had alterations made to the garden, to give me ramps around the place, refitted the bathroom to give me easy access and changed car to enable Cathy to lift my wheelchair in more easily. We had no help with any of that, and as an outcome, have loans to repay of 31K.   How on earth can they decide what anyone can afford without taking these things into account? I'll stop going on now, at least until I hear the result.

• Warm Front Grant

Hi All, not sure if this is the right place to post this but.... The Warm Front man has just been and I'm eligible for loft insulation and cavity wall insulation all FREE OF CHARGE He also gave me some tips on energy efficiency and two free low energy bulbs. I'm so pleased actually, am entitled to something!! So all of you if you are in receipt of DLA go on apply and see what you might get. I'm just so pleased this house is like an ice box most of the time but hopefully within 6-8 weeks time I'll be much warmer. Best wishes to all and keep warm Peta

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.