The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Lula_lulabel

Hello guys and gals from Lula xxx

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lula_lulabel

Hello Guys & Gals...

I can't remember if I have introduced myself properly yet. I am Lulabel, but my friends call me Lula. I am a mother of 4, and wife of one! Strike that... I'm a mother of 5 and wife of one, lol! We live in Basingstoke, Hampshire and I am interested in loads of things other than MS. I never stopped being a person when they gave me DX, altho sometimes I feel people forget that. I am the eternal optamist, passionate about everything... or was that just my tempestuous reaction to it all. Definately reflact my 'fire' sign... Sagatarious. I read tarrot and rune stones and enjoy acupuncture and reflexology. I have lost approximately 5 stones in 4 yrs and am trying to loose some more...(any help in this feild would be appreciated). My ms has effected my memory and concentration, so I often repeat myself. My ms has effected my memory and concentration, so I often repeatmyself... lmao! But my sense of humour is second to none, so the jokes keep on flowing. I hope to meet some new and old friends here... I don't get out much!!! anyway folks I hope to converse with you soon!

Lots of love Lula xxx

sprinkling magic all around

crispy

Hi Lula, :bye:

I'm sorry I missed your arrival here, but I'm sure the guys made you welcome :bye:

Basingstoke eh, I used to work there until I was retired. Cathy and I met there and worked for the same insurance company. We lived in Andover at that time and moved down to Devon five years ago. What a small world.

This time, fifteen years ago, we were in Jamaica getting married, but so much has happened since then.

I'm sure we'll get to talk over the coming days.

All the best, :crutch:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Lula_lulabel

Hi Crispy, :bye:

Wow does that make it your wedding aniversary? How congratulations! 15 years is great! Mark and I have been married 5 years. What a fabulous thing to have married in jamaca... probably my best dream that is. Did you get married on a beach? We were married in Weybridge registry office one august morning. It was lovely but because my memory is so bad... I cannot remember anything about it. Not one iota! (Is that even a word?) lmao! I am the eternal surprise/spurr of the moment kinda chick. I would have preferred to have eloped to a hot climate and married on the beach, just me & him... that would have been a dream come true. In this day and age I count my lucky stars I have a solid marriage at all!

WOW! :crutch: that you worked in Basingstoke and your wife. We live in Hatchwarren more up towards Junc 7 just off the Kempshot roundabout, near Sainsbury's. I have never been to Devon. Is it nice? How far away from here are you, about 2 hrs or so??? Lol I'm crap when I comes to direction now... I used to be good but my boobies get in the way of reading the map! lmao... No , I know... It's just cos I'm a girl :gunfire: shoot me now... B4 I injure myself... roflmao!!!

Nice to meet you Crispy :bye:

Love Lula xxx

sprinkling magic all around

josiejones

Dear Lula, pleased to meet you, its nice to meet sombody who is into tarot, and other mystic things, I grew up with my mum always helping people, then I opened a shop, great life as i love the crystals, so did shows helping people understand their qualities, but alas, it all ended when I became ill, people not always know how draining it is, but I really do miss it, such a lot has happened since being ill, its as if my life or should i say the spiritual side of my life has been taken away, thats sad in it, but my beliefs havent changed and never will, what ever life throws my way, been given to much proof. I live in Leatherhead, moved from Southend 3 yrs ago, I had to move here as we needed more security, but its as if the people are incapable of enjoying life just like to moan about everything, so we stay in doors and dont mix, we have a really small town, like you, you want a life where you can have a laugh at silly things, and forget you problems if I could would move back, but getting sheltered there, is impossible, I know where you live, I also lived a new estate called Basildon, much nicer new all your neybours it was jolly, my kids grew up there, got some nice memories, well better close, keep up the good life and hope to see you on here again, got some great friends here, love Josie

crispy

Hi Lula,

Wow does that make it your wedding aniversary?

Yes, today's the day. We were married by the hotel summerhouse which is right beside the sea, and then went with the photographer up to Shaw Park Gardens for the full session. The only problem with getting married in the heat in November, is that it's not a lot of fun celebrating anniversary's in this country.

Sainsbury's at Hatchwarren, famous place squire - Sorry, slipping into Monty Python mode again, but we used to shop there every week. Cathy still comes up every few months to see her son and grand children, but I struggle with long journeys now. Devon is lovely, and the people are so friendly - it's recently been voted the best county to live in. It takes between two and three hours, depending on who's driving. Cathy has been done twice by the speed cameras on that journey :((

Great to meet with you, :bye:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• not been on here a long time but just a catch up with you guys n gals

I have been put on Avonex thats good news. My foodrop has worsened and also my spasms in my right leg has got worse. I do have an appointment this month with Neuro. I think I am having another relapse. Not sure or it that it has got worse. Keep worrying at the back of my.mind because of my legs and foot that I will be in a wheelchair.

in General Discussion about MS

• Sorry guys, yet more questions.......

I was wondering how long it usually takes for steroids to kick in. I am on a five day course of 500mg methyl prednisone. Yesterday I had enough energy to do a few jobs, but come 6 o clock after being watched by hubby , I was ready for killing him and going to bed. I felt horrendous. My own fault I know, as I had a bit more energy that normal and abused it.   Last night though, I started with the trigeminal nerve pain in the left side of the neck which went up to my eye. Exactly how this all started in myt right side back in January. I took gabapentin at bedtime as I couldn't get comfy in bed. It seems to have subsided this morning, but low and behold, left facial numbness. So I now have a completely numb face....if only it worked on wrinkles lol.   Another question, if I might, as I am on a roll. Is it normal to have a number of different symptoms each one following the next during a relapse, ie, one symptom one week, more the week after and so forth?   My worry is that at the moment, there is not much of my body left at the moment that is not numb and the speed at which I have arrived at this point is scary, without the added wait of another three months of waiting for my lumbar puncture and the 6 weeks wait for the results. I feel like I am having to wait to long to discuss DMDs..... Arrghhhh   Sam  

• Miss you guys

Hi Everyone   Aaaargggghhh. I miss you lot so much. I have recently joined action for ME forum to chat with people in the same boat as me. It's nowhere near as friendly, informative or welcoming as here!!!!! The forum is so slow. Got so much stuff to get off my chest as well as positive advice to give etc etc, but just don't know where to take it.   Anyway, be all and end all is this.... I miss you guys, so please please carry on doing what you do and appreciate what you have here.   Look after each other   xxxxx

• Im Back ! missed you guys!

well it seems ages since i was on and i wish i could say it was because i had been on a lovely cruise or painting the town red in the sales lol!!   Just when i thought ms was giving me a break in that no new symptoms had appeared and although still very tired and in pain I thought i was doing pretty well. Then i started having these"turns" no idea what to call them to be honest. One minute i would be standing then i would get hot, start shaking and fell dizzy kinda like i was going to faint, so i sat down on ground or wherever i happened to be. My heart was racing and kinda like missing beats. Anyway at first they thought blood sugar but nope not that. The "turns" are occuring much more frequently now so i had no choice but to to gp.     So i am now being investigated for a possible tumor on my adrenal glands, or thyroid, or hormone probs...who knows. I just think "what next"!! anyway still waiting on results.       went to pain clinic yesterday and dr was very nice and understanding. He said my "turns" could not be related to all the meds i was on which was good because i sometimes wonder am i doing more harm than good taking so much. he is wanting to switch me from gabapentin to lyrica, drop my citalopram and kapake and use tramadol and up dose of amitripyline to 100mg. he also was thinking about baclofen?? but said maybe hold off on that as my jerking and twitching is not so bad...yet!!lol Great i said nothing like being positive! He said he didnt want to fire all the guns at once!!   Anyway im still doing too much, etc etc so he wants me to do a self management plan before i see him next. Anyone do one of these ? today was the first i attempted one and it was good i guess as i rated my pain and tiredness after each task. Im in bed now with leaden limbs so know that i did overdo things. Then i need to go through my day and see out of all the tasks which ones i could have delegated, left or only did a bit of!! I guess it will take time to get hang of it.   He is also referring me to a pain psychologist as he thinks learning some techniques on how to cope when pain is bad could work!! Never heard of this either.   Anyway at least im moving forward in a strange way which is good, so just need to get my funny spells under control and im sorted lol   love and hugs   debbie   xx

• Hi guys, undiagnosed forum newbie here

Hi all, My name is Helen (already in use so I'm signed in under my old childhood nickname lol) I'm 46 (yikes-how idi that happen?!!) and I have had symptoms strongly suggestive of MS for a few months. Waiting to see neuro in a few weeks and put the whole dx thing in motion. Strongly suspect PPMS so John's robust posts have been a godsend. Have been in a very dark lonely place- especially as am struggling to seem 'normal' at work and for my 2 teenagers (one under GCSE stress currently) but this forum has been fantastic for lightening my mood. What a fantastic pragmatic and supportive group you are!! Intend to be calling in often!

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.