The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Michelle

Charity

38 posts in this topic Last Reply

Michelle

Hi All,

The last few days I have been feeling pretty down trodden by my lack of good health etc. Sooooooo, today I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself, and do something positive. Via the MS Trust site I had a look at

www.doitforcharity.com and have just requested an information pack about sky diving. Obviously, my chosen charity will be The MS Trust. But I wanted to take this oppotunity to encourage you to have a look at the website, and maybe do something daring...Or get someone else to have a go. I did think it could be a brill Christmas Present for someone. Could be a big shock for them come christmas day to find out they are going sky diving or white water rafting :hehehe:

Michelle :howdy:

Michelle

O'er,

It's arrived... my sponsership forms for the skydive. Black writing that states, moi is going to jump from a plane to raise money for the MS Trust :cowboy: It wont be untill the new year, and i will arranging to do the jump from St Andrews, Scotland. Hope nobody hits me with a golf ball. Dont think it will reach 10,000 ft do you? :rofl3:

I will be around with the charity bucket in the new year ( just joking ).

Michelle :juggler: <<<< Moi in training

Heste

Michelle,

I get vertigo just reading your post. If I ever come up with the same idea please call my doctor and tell him my MS has now affected my cognitive function.

:bed:

:cowboy:

:splat:

:juggler:

Seriously, I will sponsor you. I think you are very brave.

but then I also think you are mad. If it helps I will also sponsor you not to jump.

Regards,

John :rofl3:

(17 hands is high enough for me).

Gaynor

Go girl! but I'm with you on this one John, and it's err not for me - no way siree. :cowboy:

If I'm out on a walk - I have a fit if I have to climb over a poxy style or jump a little stream :rofl3: (mind you I am a city girl at heart!)

I'll sponsor you too though of course :juggler:

Gaynor

beddoe79

Put me down for a sponsor too. You're a lot braver than me. if anyone suggested it I'd do this... :cowboy: kinda what i need to do getting off that bench lol. (if you've read my last post in the thread about the weekend you'll understand)

Michelle

Dear All,

I am certainly not brave :cowboy::lmao: It does help if your a bit on the mad side though :bed: I have had so much support from this forum, and gleaned so much info from The Trust... that I thought I could give something back, and get a thrill at the same time :splat:

It was a choice between sky diving or the rapids. I would like to do the rapids, but I dont think I could hold on...Plus I dont like getting my hair wet :juggler:

I once came across a link about a woman who got her boobs out for MS :lmao: It's the truth...She raised quite a few pounds...plus a few eyebrows . I think it would be safer for me to sky dive :hehehe: Dont you think?

Seriously, Thanks for the support. I'm sure the photo's will give you all a good giggle.

Michelle :rofl3:

Sluggish
Marina

OMG Michelle, you are brave!

There's some photos and a description HERE of one of our mailing list members, who did the parachute jump last year. So, when the time comes, we'll be looking forward to yours too!

I haven't looked at it, but can one sponsor you and if so, how? I'll be there to sponsor you too in that case!

Goodonya for being brave enough to try it!

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

harveysmummy

Hiya!!

Just thought I would add a reply to this message I hope you dont mind!!

I just wanted to say - I have done a Tandam skydive 29th Jan 2006 10,000ft and it was the best thing ever!!! I raied over

Come on you MonSter :boxing: BRING IT ON!!!!!

norma

Hello again!

Well done to you! No wonder you are proud of yourself!.......If I climb to the top of a ladder I think I am so brave!........especially if I let go and use one hand! lol...see chnging lightbulbs :juggler: hate it!

You have the bug now though...no stopping you! :snow: what's next?! :hehehe:

Well done for all the money raised and the guts to do it. The picture is brilliant.

Norma :rain:

Michelle

Hee hee Mel,

Well Done :snow: I can't wait. I think I said in a previous post that I have recieved my sponser forms. I just have a house move to get out of the way, and I can then look to booking the skydive.

I have always wanted to have a go at white water rafting. :hehehe: Let me know how you get on. My sister bought her other half a white water rafting gift for Christmas. He's waiting for our house move... as he hopes to book his day out in Scotland :rain:

Thanks for posting your pic. It's really nice to hear of other folks experiences.

Michelle :juggler:

harveysmummy

Hi again!!!

Mish the most important thing to remember is just to relax and ENJOY!! It is a once in a lifetime experience and I can honestly say I have no idea of how to put into word the feeling I got as we lept from the plane!!! Just make the most of it!!

I did the white water rafting in Sept 2006 and we raised

Come on you MonSter :boxing: BRING IT ON!!!!!

Michelle

Mel,

I didn't realise that you had already taken part in the white water rafting experience. Wow! Andrew and I were walking our dog alongside the river this arvo, and were saying...that it would be brill to be out on the river in a canoe :juggler::snow: The river was really giving it some..Very swollen after all the rain we have had recently.

Andrew loves adventure. I think his love of the outdoors etc comes from being ex army. I have always loved walking in the countryside. But the adventure side of things, must have come from being dx'd with MS. I guess MS has delivered new opportunities.

Have a good week

Michelle :rain:

Michelle

Just a quick update.

I have chosen two dates for the sky dive. They are July 7th/July 8th. Just waiting to have one of these dates confirmed. Will let you know when I get the go ahead :moonieman:

Michelle :what:

Gaynor

Wey hey! :moonieman:

Michelle

Calling all mods... I tried moving this topic to the lounge, but I can't do it. Could one of you assist me??? Or should I just leave it where it is?

Michelle :moonieman:

Sluggish
Marina

Oooh, Michelle, let us know as soon as it's confirmed as we're then going to have to put it in the Calendar! :moonieman: I still think you're might brave!

Marina

Sluggish
Marina
Calling all mods... I tried moving this topic to the lounge, but I can't do it. Could one of you assist me??? Or should I just leave it where it is?

Dunno why you couldn't do it, but I've done it for you now :-)

Marina

Michelle

I think it's just one of those days. Many thanks!

Mish :moonieman:

angela

Hi Michelle

Ann (stranding) and I are also doing skydives on the 2nd of June at Weston on the Green in Oxfordshire in aid of our ms

physio group.:moonieman:

Angela

ps my reason for doing it my husband told a friend I wouldn't!

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

Michelle

That's great news Angela! I have always had skydiving on my list of 'things to do'.

Having MS has made me bring the dive to the top of my list. I think it's great that we can raise money and have fun at the same time. I bet I will be occupying the loo's on the day :what:

Dont forget to post your pics of the day. I am making sure my false teeth are firmly fixed down for the event :hehehe:

LOve Mish :moonieman:

P.S I am doing mine for the MS Trust.

Sluggish
Marina

Michelle, Angela and Ann - I've added your names to the Calendar event for "Jump in June".

I wish you all the best of luck, you're a lot more courageous than I could ever be!

Yes, Michelle, make sure your false teeth are well secured or they might land on someone's bum below you! :wink3:

Marina

Michelle

Marina,

I'm jumping in July :hoop:

Michelle :wink3:

Heste

Dear jumpers,

Have you tried the Samaritans? Perhaps they could talk you out of it.

Michelle

Gee! thanks John :lmao: Hopefully there will be no plastercasts :wink3: Andrew is thinking of asking the fellow jumper... that will be jumping with me, to somersault out of the plane :hoop: Now! that does send me into a spin :hoop:

I have yet to ask my Doctor if I can have his permission to jump. I can't see him saying no :think: You never know, he might book me in for an appointmnet with a shrink.

I had better get :think: as so far I have had quite a lazy morning and have work to catch up on.

Have a cooooooooooooool day

Michelle :angel:

Sluggish
Marina
Marina,

I'm jumping in July

Oooh, sorry, Michelle, I thought the MS Trust jumps were all in June... I'll amend the calendar entry accordingly :wink3:

Marina