The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Heste

Too Fat, Too Slow

55 posts in this topic Last Reply

Drewee

Just joined an assitive exercise gym where balance is not a factor - mainly as you sit down for most of the exercise and it also has a vibrogym which in the blerb i read 12 minutes is equivalent to hours in the gym - I have no personal experience as yet but will be checking it out :thumbsup:

Gem_says_keep_smyelin!

LMAO you guys are funny... Really cheered me reading these posts :cheerleader3: I came looking for some diet information as I am confused which one to try but toaly forgot about it whilst reading!

Thanks for the laugh :cheerleader3:

Gem xxx

Heste

Seeing that you mention this thread, I thought I would just give you an update.

I now weigh 13st 3lbs. :cheerleader3:

Still got a way to go but getting there.

Gem, FYI, I am on the Tesco ediet. Its like weight-watchers except only your computer and the ediet staff know if put on weight. I weigh in every week and my ediet mentor emails words of encouragement. You have to be fairly self-disciplined.

Regards,

John :cheerleader3:

Hezza

Well done John :cheerleader3:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Vegged Out
Shirl

Hi John - really pleased for you as I know how hard this is. Pete & I had a chat while away and have come home with a renewed & mutual attitude towards our eating. It is going to help both of us that we are there for each other. That's the plan...

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• slow to wake up

My wife says the when she wakes me in the morning it looked very dazed, like I am coming out of a coma - don't know how she knows what that looks like. Is that just the fatigue or does everyone else feel really refreshed after a good night sleep? I don't have insomnia now, sleep is very good, very deep.

in General Discussion about MS

• Interferons do not slow progression

Not good news for those who may have pinned their hopes on DMDs. http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/News-And-Events/Whats-New-Out-There/Detail/Interferons+have+no+effect+on+progression+of+disability+in+MS/

• A bit slow

hi again , hope i am replying in right bit , not only does the ms slow me down, i am new to internet so 1 hand typer lol ! so bear with me if i do not reply to you all individualy at mo.i will do as i get faster { is that the time , started this reply last night ha ha } will get some pics up of my self , when i work out what to do ! recent ones too, not ten years ago oneslol! so that question, they say i have rrm ms , when i was 40 had really bad do , never really recovered , and feel i am just slowly , ever so , getting worse. does that mean progression ? currently on no drugs. had my first relaspse at 33 , but ony dx 2 half years ago . any way coffee time now . like to leave a positive a bout ms . get to chat and share experiencies of ye lovely guys . keep smiling , if u feel u can not , sending one from me

• Aloe Vera - can it slow down Progression of MS?

Hi Everyone,   I have recently started getting MS symptoms (tingling, numbness, pricking, burning of skin, muscle weakness and vertigo). I am not yet diagnosed but have been suffering for 6 months or so now. I have no lesions but do you get lesions if in the very first stages of MS? who knows, maybe you do??   Either way I am presenting symptoms that hurt and are uncomfortable so until I get a dx, I will continue to try and find natural treatments that might help. Read this and see what you think, I have been drinking aloe for years on and off and since reading this, I have started again......   Therapeutic approach by Aloe vera in experimental model of multiple sclerosis. Mirshafiey A, Aghily B, Namaki S, Razavi A, Ghazavi A, Ekhtiari P, Mosayebi G. Source Department of Immunology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.   Abstract Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease of the central nervous system (CNS) that leads to an inflammatory demyelination, axonal damage, and progressive neurologic disability that affects approximately 2.5 million people worldwide. The aim of the present research was to test the therapeutic effect of Aloe vera in experimental model of MS. All experiments were conducted on C57BL/6 male mice aged 6-8 weeks. To induce the experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), 250 microg of the myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein 35-55 peptide emulsified in complete freund's adjuvant was injected subcutaneously on day 0 over two flank areas. In addition, 200 ng of pertussis toxin in 100 microL phosphate buffered saline was injected intraperitoneally on days 0 and 2. The therapeutic protocol was carried out intragastrically using 120 mg/kg/day Aloe vera from 7 days before to 21 days after EAE induction. The mice were killed 21 days after EAE induction. The brains of mice were removed for histological analysis and their isolated splenocytes were cultured. The results indicated that treatment with Aloe vera caused a significant reduction in severity of the disease in experimental model of MS. Histological analysis showed 3 +/- 2 plaques in Aloe vera-treated mice compared with 5 +/- 1 plaques in control group. The density of mononuclear infiltration in the CNS of Aloe vera-treated mice (500 +/- 200) was significantly less in comparison to 700 +/- 185 cells in control group. Moreover, the serum level of nitric oxide in treatment group was significantly less than control animals. The level of interferon-gamma in cell culture supernatant of treated mice splenocytes was lower than control group, whereas decrease in serum level of interleukin-10 in treatment group was not significant in comparison with control mice. These data indicate that Aloe vera therapy can attenuate the disease progression in experimental model of MS.   PMID: 20233107 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

• I'm a slow learner

This last week has been a real learning curve for me about how I really need to cope with MS and definitely not try to do too much when I feel alright.   On Monday we were having a roast chicken dinner. I normally do it on Sunday but other things got in the way. I spent most of the day looking at flooring/appliances and bits for our kitchen project and was 'getting there' until I suddenly realied the time. I had been so engrossed I'd almost forgotten about the meal and got very upset to find I can no longer juggle sixteen things at once and keep a grip We did manage to eat at 7pm so all was not lost, but it threw me completely.   On Wednesday we went to Ikea to look at the kitchen cupboards and worktop we'd chosen. I had been there before, about 12 years ago and had forgotten how vast, airless, heated and generally stressful a place it is. I rezlly don't enjoy shopping at the best of times and my 'shop 'til you drop' stamina lasted about half an hour. We did all we needed to do and I just wanted out. My body was reacting, legs trembling, head buzzing, generally saying 'Help' It seemed to take ages to get out and I began to have a vision of Hell. By the time we got home I was bushed.   Felt awful all day Thursday, then on Friday my son and his dad (my ex) looked at the wiring in preparation for the project and had to move the wardrobe in our bedroom, raise floor boards to follow wiring and took about 4 hours (it's an old house with at least 3 lots of wiring left in place). I tried to stay calm and keep cool, but all the 'buzzing' around affected me very badly.   Yesterday I felt worse than I had done for ages, and I'm very aware that when the kitchen gets dismantled I'm going to have to live in one room and cope with noise, movement and loss of my afternoon nap for nearly two weeks.   I'm also going to have to learn not to try and 'help' so much. I've had lots of these 'moments' over the past few months and I really, truly, can't do what I used to, even when I feel well which saddens me.   Why am I such a slow learner?

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.