The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
WobblyGreg

Refused DLA

119 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hercules

Excellent letter and echoes exactly the struggle we have been going through. We are just about to send off another DLA application, after failing last year even after sitting in a tribunal. VERY degrading!

We have just bought a pair of crutches for my wife (

If you ever read this my darling Prishpresh. I love you dearly and will always be there for you.

Jayneanne

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

What a brilliant letter, I am well impressed at your articulation, grammar and spelling to boot!

Very thorough, informative and detailed without sounding like a moaner. Have you had a reply yet. It would be interesting to see just how they respond. Yes it was a long post but I read through with avid interest and am horrified at the system in the UK

Wishing you all the best of luck Greg

and very well done :hairraising:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Fine
WobblyGreg

Means a lot getting your replies people, thanks. :hairraising:

I have also this link that i think everyone should read and send the e-mail via link to thier MP.

IT MAKES VERY DISTURBING READING,ITS FROM THE leonard cheshire report.

http://www.lcdisability.org/?lid=6973

I confess my letter owes a lot to word and spell check :hurra:

Sluggish
Marina

Excellent, Greg! Keep up the good work, as it might hopefully help others at some stage too...

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Vegged Out
Shirl

Well done, Greg, for not giving in and for writing your case so clearly. We all wait with bated breath to read the outcome...

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Fine
WobblyGreg

My MP did ask to send reply to her office in MKmk rather than house of commons,i ignored that as she has to answer letters sent to H of C , :accordion:

Imagine it will be 2 weeks for reply,also sent her the petion to sigh lol

linds

One word from me Gregg.....BRILLIANT

Lindsx

mayb

Yes well done Greg that is a really powerful letter - I really hope it makes a difference to their attitude.

I haven't had to apply for any benefits myself but used to help my neighbour fill in her forms - pages and pages of them and she could hardly hold a pen she was in so much pain with her arthritis. As far as I know she bought all of her aids herself. My father has parkinsons and he has had many many falls and has yet to get a walker. He is stuck in hospital until adjustments can be made at home - including a downstairs toilet but no help financial or otherwise to get this done.

I hope that they will listen to you Greg and if not then we should get a template letter put together and everyone who wants to could send it individually to the same MP. :accordion:

Mayb

Fine
WobblyGreg

I have no copyright :hehehe: and if anyone wants to copy paste or just use bits from it feel free, had a call from CAB saying the DLA have got my supersession and will hear in 2 weeks also that i still have an appeal outstanding and do i want to proceed with that.

I said im loathe to cancel appeal as they will probaly just cancell supersession as well, CAB advise they cant if its in writing so i let them (CAB) write to DLA as i said they are trying to screw me they wont try it on with CAB. :thumbsup:

ACTUALY TURNING INTO A RIGHT BOLSHEY GIT :skipping: went to Dr yesterday their computer was down so i just said i dont want an appointment i want more Baclofen and the most i can have ie 200 tablets not bloody 60,and i want another med 3 sick note, receptionist asked should they put MS as reason i said "im under a psychologist now so Dr can put what she wants i dont care" :rant: .To put the wind up them, i said im in contact with MP so i do know what im entitled to :rofl3:

Jayneanne

Love your posts Greg, I have been sat here chuckling away reading and still am as I type. Good on you for being a bolshey git, Hercs can be one as well, and it seems to do the trick. I get quite irate in Spanish and then cannot think of a word and it kind of falls a bit flat. I am now practising on my aggresive Spanish - they all shout at each other anyway!!!! :rofl3:

Jayneanne

Hercules

Bolshy. MOI? :skipping:

Who's been talking? Lets get them at playtime Greg! :rofl3::thumbsup:

If you ever read this my darling Prishpresh. I love you dearly and will always be there for you.

mayb

Well if angry spanish is like Italian Jayneanne it is all in the rythm and pitch - you don't know what it means but you know you have upset them big time!!!

Mayb

Sluggish
Marina
I have no copyright

Actually, you do have copyright. You don't have to apply for copyright either. Anything you write, whether in an email, in a forum, in a letter etc, is automatically assigned copyright to you :flowers2:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

goonasi

Just posted my appeal again for DLA with a letter explaining my circustances. Hopefully they will take note this time. (not holding my breath)

[b]Keep Well
Simon x[/b]

Fine
WobblyGreg

Had no reply from DWP OR MP as yet, man at CAB RECKONED TWO WEEKS that was up today so give him a ring next week.

MP will have to answer but could be another week at least.

mayb

Doesn't time travel slowly when you're not having fun. Lets hope they get the proverbial out soon and you get some replies.

My sister has a son who has Downs Syndrome, she has got a lot of help from her local MP in getting him the help he is entitled to. She spends an inordinate amount of time on this sort of thing. It is about time that those evaluating and taking decisions on the cases put before them, took account of the fact that these people are not best placed to deal with it - they need help not hinderance. She had to take a day off the other week to take him to an office to sign a travel permit of some kind, he had to collect it in person and prove who he was. He has no way of doing this on his own or even understanding what would be required of him yet he is only eligible to have one of these because he is handicapped! What is wrong with these people - it is enough to make you weep with frustration. :juggler::shakehead3::hurra:

Mayb

Fine
WobblyGreg

GOT REPLY FROM MP :flowers2:

Nothing of note to report, sympathises she thinks DWP have to wait till disease progeses to give you anything,she doesnt want to interfere with advice CAB give etc but says ifthe CAB feel there are general issues of principle she will take it up with minister? surprised at my empoyers blah blah

so i have written back:

Thank you for your reply.

I am glad you sympathise and understand my point about regulations regarding DWP

I do disagree that it is in the interest of a person with a progressive disease that as you say will get worse, to keep reapplying as the disease progresses.

I think this adds to further stress and I feel is a further torment and almost victimisation of MS sufferers as opposed to those whose disability is more straight forward i.e. heart condition, loss of limb etc.

Since I last wrote I have still not received any correspondence from DWP despite intervention of CAB.

With regard your comment about MS Society they can only offer advice such as you have, to contact other bodies such as CAB or MP.

With regard to my employers I cant force them to do the right thing and personally I have not the strength to fight a multi national company they ignored my request for a meeting so they must be happy with current situation.

In short the whole system DWP/ DLA Employers have the all the bases covered and we as disabled are not in position to fight like the professional benefit cheats we therefore suffer.

Yes I have had plenty of sympathy and kind words from people who bother to listen, but no practical help like a walking stick or crutch or god forbid help to pay bills.

I am disgusted with this country and the government and its record on poverty within disabled community I noticed you have-not mentioned any forthcoming help to rectify the drop in standard outlined in Leonard Cheshire report.

I am embarrassed that I voted labour thinking they would be more caring and the less fortunate would be looked after.

I have to pay for everything as I mentioned before to you, even the treatment of progression of disease.

I was sent, after I pushed, for referral to Oxford for consideration for disease modifying drugs where I had tests for liver dysfunction and anything else that may

Mean I could not take the DMD

mayb

Oh my God Gregg, I am sure that wasn't meant to be funny but I haven't had such fun for ages! :flowers2:

I think that hit the nail on the head. Not the nails of the delightfully sympathetic MP which were probably being painted as she dictated her totally inconsequential response to your letter. Let's hope the poor dear doesn't get an infection or worse still, a disability! :flowers2:

I suppose they want you literally on your knees to them before they will recognise that you need some help Gregg.

I am not diagnosed and am paying around

Mayb

Fine
WobblyGreg

And of course the fact is if i was a herion addict, which is a choice issue to most id imaine, i would be receiving Naltrexone free!! also if i were to put a brick through windows and go David Platt style rampaging through the DWP offices or indeed MP's house i would be locked up and receiving free care and my family could live happily on benefits.

Great system right. :think:

Jayneanne

Oh Greg, you have no idea how much your posts make me chuckle. I do of course realise the gravity of same but, you really do have a way with words!

I so enjoyed reading your reply and wish I was half as articulate as you are.

Oh the irony of it all,

Bloody well done you!!

I cant wait for the next instalment :rofl3::hurra::hurra:

Jayneanne

Fine
WobblyGreg
Oh Greg, you have no idea how much your posts make me chuckle. I do of course realise the gravity of same but, you really do have a way with words!

I so enjoyed reading your reply and wish I was half as articulate as you are.

Oh the irony of it all,

Bloody well done you!!

I cant wait for the next instalment :hurra::hurra::hurra:

I'll be here all week for your delight, :rofl3: matinee performances dependant on crowd attendance :hurra:

Truth is i feel a sort of imortality with MS :think: "like :what the foob can you do to me type feeling" is it just me?

I realy dont care what i say or who i upset if anyone does anything wrong or lies to me i will drop them right in it if i can :rant:

When i explained myself to pycholgist(spl) and my sense of right and wrong,she said "well i couldnt say you are clincaly depressed as you seem to always have been like that" did make me chortle :rofl3:

mayb

You don't sound depressed to me Gregg - totally insane maybe - but not depressed!! Keep up the good work we need far more totally insane people fighting the cause. :rofl3:

Mayb

Fine
WobblyGreg

Got a reply from MP today(they are getting shorter) slightly patronising :hairraising: but took the trouble to go on MS society website and print off an article about LDN/ DMD Im sure most here have read including myself :flowers2:

I am a little anxious that you have decided to pay for LDN treatment, if this treatment were effective,it would have been offered to you by your consultant.

chronic and debilitating diseases like MS,Motor Neurone Disease and other neurological disorders are very challenging and i am sure the NHS and benefits system need to improve thier management of individuals struck by these progressive diseases.I will of course use your account to inform any interventions I can make in debate at westminster on these issues.

SO What do you think ??not bad bit of a result in that it gives me some ammo for later but not earth moving news had hoped she might adopt MS treatment as cause like she did the false nail issue but i suppose realisticaly its not a very glamourous vote catcher so not too surprised.

mayb

Not bad Gregg - not really, as you are talking to an MP remember and they never commit to anything. I think you have done well to make her stop and think about it a bit. I love the way she advised that your neurologis would have given you LDN if he thought it would work for you. Onviously once you are an MP you know about these things.

This happens to bosses at work too I have found - they wanted a list of my medications - obviously they could tell what they were and how they affected me because they are bosses.

Mayb

Michelle

I think it's sounds a tad patronizing :fingers:

Regards

Michelle :thumbsup: