The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Scooby

Motorbikin'

66 posts in this topic Last Reply

Shaz
What's your favourite car?

Not quite in line with the older theme but I'd love an Audi TT. I quite like my hubby's dream car too and he is very specific about his (he wishes) Porsche 911 targa top with the cream leather interior.

Alternatively those nice people at Pimp My Ride are welcome to our old VW Sharan as long as they can fit a jacuzzi in with a massive stereo, video system and fully stocked bar!!!

Oh well, I can dream...

Shaz x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaz

Lindyloo

:cowboy::cowboy: Hi all....not as cool as some your dream bikes but i have a 01 49cc ovetto MBK.... Its really zippy and i can put my shopping in the seat part... YOu be surprised how much you can fit in it.......

My hubby tends to use it now and i take the car.... but look forward to taking it for a zoooooom again soon.. So handy for parking and getting through traffic... :you-rock:

Lindyloo

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Jayneanne

Yes, I have to say my Mum was and still is pretty cool (now mostly in her mind!). Although when we were in the uk the other week, my 4 year old slid down the bannister and my Mum who is 87 was trying her utmost to get her leg over to follow her. My Dad nearly had a heart attack, calling her all the daft mares under the sun. She's always had a zest for life and it's so sad that her body has let her down.

She took my brothers Suzuki, when she was in her 60's, for a ride around town............... :cowboy:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Shaz

JA, she sounds like someone I'd love to meet !!

Shaz x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaz

Teen

I'd love to be like that at 87! My favourite car would be a 1969 Mustang Boss 429 or if I had to get a newer dream car, probably a TVR Tuscan or a Porsche 911 Sport but the older style one.

Its nice to dream, you never know you might be lucky enough to get it.

Teen

1969_ford_mustang_boss_429_black_fs.jpgTVRTuscan.jpgPorsche911Carrera32SportCoupe.jpg

Nice eh? Not very girlie, but then neither am I. :wink:

Shaz

Like the others but confirmed I am definitely of the porsche persuasion.

Shaz x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaz

Matthew

Hello all,

I ride a Kawasaki ZZR1400 at the momment. I live near the East Coast and try and get up really early 5ish and then ride to Hunstanton then to Cromer and finish in Southwold.

I love the feeling of freedom from the busy world and i find it allows quiet time to get things in balance after a stressy time.Sitting on the seafront with a coffee as the sun comes up is superb, even in Hnstanton.

I have been able to keep the bike despite the MS and i will try to put off the day when my body sez enough is enough.

Went to Barcelona last year and went through the Pyrenese( terrible spelling) which was superb

Lindyloo

Wow Matthew

That sounds really cool... fair play to ya!!! I have a wee ovetto 50cc i love zooming around the town on it... Mind i have not been on it in a while... as i am now driving the car..My hubby takes the moped to work and i have the car..

Happy riding

Lindyloo

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Michelle

Cooooooooool !

Michelle :bashfish:

Vegged Out
Shirl

Teen, a purple TVR Tuscan lives next door to us and it is an animal! The driver is well past his sell by date, of the I-think-I'm-wonderful-that's-why-I-don't-bother-to-speak-to-my-disabled-neighbour variety. Not a nice person, the car gets revved to the hilt every time he either starts it or puts it in the garage. We know he's around but it isn't the car's fault!

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Teen

I think they have to do that with the car, I'm not sure what the technical reason is for that but I know you have to do that with any sports car to let it run a few minutes when you start and when you are about turn off. It's good for the car but don't ask me why.

I think most people can't afford to buy a sports car until they've saved up the money which is usually when you're getting over the 50 bracket so maybe that's why you see people of a certain age driving those cars.

As for his not talking to you well there isn't an excuse for that. As you say not the lovely car's fault. I expect he'd much prefer to live in your garage :bashfish:

madhouse

Here's some of mine over the Years

scan00072-1.jpg

Meltdown.jpg

MeltdownBSH.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

Edited by madhouse

Michelle

Really nice!

Regards

Michelle :lol4:

madhouse

I have given them all up now as Jen can't get on or hold on to me anymore and as much as I love riding its not the same with out her , couldn't afford to buy another one now anyway ,we had the black one up until last year but it sat there for ages doing nothing so I sold it and bought my son a quad .

vix

I use to ride, but after a bad crash I am now just a pillion on hubbies bike plus DVLA removed my bike licence anyway!?!

I use to have a VFR400rr NC23 and my very first bike was a Honda Shadow VT750

Hubbies bikes that I love and cant wait for baby to be born so that I can get back on the back while going nice and slow on the back wheel (think last time was 144mph hehehe)

Suzuki TL - suped up BIG TIME - sadly sold

Suzuki 1000 - sadly sold

Suzuki 750 - in pieces at the moment in the garage as he is currently street fightering it hence other bikes having to be sold to fund this street project but it is starting to look good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_qrLcSkWkQ this is a link to his wheelies hehe

and this was the old car that once again we have had to sell now with little man on the way

you will need to copy and paste the link to view I think?!

Vix

xx

vix.jpg

madhouse

Dig the Videos Vix your OH rocks :flowerface: rider , I used to love doing wheelies (on private ground of course) when I had a Suzuki Hayabusa and Kwak ZZR1200 , we have had a few speed toys over the years as well , but our boat was the best it was a 21ft Australian Haines Shetland Signature race ski boat with Johnson 225bhp engine taken up to 305bhp with Wiseco race pistons and Land and Sea alloy race heads to say it was fast was an under statement and my boy used to wake board off the back of it(hes the one on the right)

hainesshetlandsignature21ft.jpg

Edited by madhouse

vix

Nice

Yeah hubbie is currently putting a Hayabusa back end on the GSXR750 WN/WP, last night he rewired all the electronics and at the weekend we are off to get a new seat that has been specially designed will post pics when it is done..

Oh yeah always on private roads thats the only safe way for it to be LOL

He use to race for Suzuki when he lived in America but had a major crash out and hasnt been able to pick up the speed on the track since then - mental block!

But if he was still racing over there we would never have met LOL

Glad you like the videos we are kinda nutty I guess when it comes to Cars and Bikes but hey its all fun and you only live once so dont live with regrets!!!!

Only I have had to calm down with little man due any day

Vix

vix.jpg

Sleepy
Scully

Hi

My Partner loves his bikes, always has. He has two bikes currently, A Honda Fireblade, and a KTM Superduke.

I used to ride, and love riding pillion, although Clive seems a bit unsure that I should ride pillion with my current PPMS ! I beg to differ of course, but he's the rider I guess.

My passion was and is sailing. Not power boats, but yachts with sails! Nothing quite like the silence, and only the sound of water and wind..................I've crosse many oceans in my time, and still hanker after the freedom it brings!

Scully

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

shadow

Hello i was a biker and luved the thrill and freedom it gave me,i never had any thing like wot has already been written im a old bloke.There are too many to list and to be honest all pretty crap yeh,but the two i will remember the most as havin good fun on are a xs750 and a husky 500 motor crosser on the road.By todays standards the xs would be eaten alive by a 250 easyly,but the husky was mental and made me smile a lot more for sure.

I no wot the problem was as to gettin a faster newer bike????the money tipped it down me neck and smoked it SIMPLE AINT IT and we are talkin 1981 here,even so i would dearly luv to go back to before morgages/kids and frigin MS NOW THAT IS BLEEDIN SLOW :hearts_circle:

shadowxx

happyandy

Hi Shadow,

Two peas from a pod and from the same era as well.

I had a Kawasaki gpz 1100 B2 at the time the fastest production motorcycle in the world. I think 600's are faster these days. Pulled like a train...

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

shadow

Hello andy gpz yeh they were the beez kneez alright,i liked the suzuki katana 1100 thought it was strangly differant me self.The XS i had was all black and clip ons with it,looked fast but didnt lol

shadowx

Edited by shadow

jeni

Hi Shadow,

Your talks on Motor Bikes is certainly bringing memories back, we used to many many moons ago have a Triumph Boniville 650cc.

Those were the days!!!!

Young and Free.

Take Care.

Jeni xx

shadow

Hello jeni a biker chick :flowerface: a friend of mine had a norton comando,i had a go at riding it but the right hand gear change that british bikes had i couldnt get me head around.Sayin that nothin sounded like a british bike to me then,today a ducati makes me go gargar and the howl of a jap bike in the red line i dont think can be beaten :hooray: Lets be honest there is no feelin like riding a bike full stop hey

shadowxx

shadow
1969_ford_mustang_boss_429_black_fs.jpgTVRTuscan.jpgPorsche911Carrera32SportCoupe.jpg

Nice eh? Not very girlie, but then neither am I. :hooray:

Ow dear mustang my favorite american car (looks out of waterin eyes) corvette very sexy porche erm dont do owt for menice label i suppose,the sound again of some american cars make me drool :flowerface: