The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
gareth

the spoon

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

gareth

it's iincreadible the amount of dinners that you can eat with a spoon. my hands have been particularly affected and i find things like using a knife and fork and typing a bit of an arse. so i hail the spoon as the new eating tool of choice and encourage people to give it a go.

and you can fit a lot more food on a spoon! :thumbsup:

everybodys got to believe in something

i believe i'll have another beer

"ET"

Oh, I'm with you on this one -- have been doing it for a while. I think I also just like the feel of a spoon? A big spoonful of warm spuds, dripping with butter, is better than a sharp forkful any day! And I hate chasing little things like cherry tomatoes around a dish with a firk -- spoons do the job better!

Hurrah for spoons! Ban the fork!

angela

Hi Gareth and Elise

Have you heard of a spork which has prongs like a fork but also doubles as a spoon and one side is supposed to be used as a knife, I have never been able to master that one though and still have to get certain things cut up, mine looks like an ordinairy fork not with an enormous chunky handle!

Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

marcia

I have a spork extremely useful, also use a fork with the big black spongy handle sometimes when I'm using a knife

Marcia

ppms, diagnosed 1992

Heste

I, on the other hand, have a big black dog who lays at my feet under the table whenever I eat. He would be so disapointed if I used a spoon as I would drop less food.

Regards,

John :cowboy:

gareth

the spork is an incredible invention and it has a wonderful ring to it's name.

one of my dogs has learnt the same trick of hanging around my feet at meal times but at least she has the decency to wait untill i've finished eating before she hoovers the carpet.

everybodys got to believe in something

i believe i'll have another beer

Teen

Sounds great for when I eat peas (they never stay on my fork, more likely to be escapeas on the floor). I'm not sure I could eat a steak with a spoon though :countsheep:

angela

Hi Teen

That's the beauty of the spork, it looks like and can be used as a fork, but it also doubles up as a spoon, when needed!

Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.