The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
cyprus_dave

Neighbours

38 posts in this topic Last Reply

cyprus_dave

Hi all,

Susan sudden blindness leads to test for MS.

www.neighbours.com/episodes/5348/

Dave

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."

Jayneanne

Did you notice how vague the quack is being about a diagnosis?

I think they are especially trained in vagueness :flowers2:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Jayneanne

Oops might be a bit ahead of you Dave - or might even be behind cos I keep seeing the ad for the episodes, now I am confused, ignore this post - confused day already

Jayneanne

cyprus_dave
Oops might be a bit ahead of you Dave - or might even be behind cos I keep seeing the ad for the episodes, now I am confused, ignore this post - confused day already

Is that you being vague :flowers2::thumbsup:

I think that if the ausssie NHS took 4 years plus to dx this that the neighbours watching public would get very bored of the subject.

It might be interesting to see how they handle it though.

Dave

Dave

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."

Jayneanne

LOL

Meeeee Vague - how dare you

Jayneanne

Fine
WobblyGreg

What i find strange is her husband is a doctor!!! not the most attentive it would seem. :flowers2:

cant beleive ive started watching neighbours,with kylie not in it :thumbsup:

Gaynor

I did happen to see it today. I don't watch it but saw the MRI and thought oh yes that's familiar so I watched the bit where she freaked out about being in the machine. So from reading the above threads she's gone blind and is currently undergoing tests.

So do we know what he outcome of it all is? :cowboy: It could be a brain tumour or large cyst/ bleed for instance if not MS....anybody read any leaked info yet?

Oh dear I do hope it won't make me watch it now!!

Gaynor :lmao:

Gaynor

Ok - I've been on the neighbours site. It highlights the 'MS Trust' too.

I've put the link straight to the page that tells us the news of her MS dx.

http://www.neighbours.com/news/uk/2008/004342/

Gaynor

cyprus_dave
What i find strange is her husband is a doctor!!! not the most attentive it would seem. :cowboy:

cant beleive ive started watching neighbours,with kylie not in it :lmao:

I don't have much trust for GP's these days.

I saw 5 different GP's over 3 years and they all had my medical notes that showed a clear sign of muscle weakness, stiffness, tingling, back and leg pains to name but a few. None of them put 2 and 2 together; just sent me to see a physio who made me do loads of running. Interesting.....

Like I said, not much hope really.

But no Kylie, or Danni is just plain criminal. Not even a little cameo part!!!

Dave

Jayneanne

Her husband did mention today that he thought it could be MS but as he hadn't been in practise for a year he might be wrong (SCARY) . That upset Susan's doctor who thought he was being hasty in a diagnosis

NOT THAT I WATCH NEIGHBOURS ! :cowboy:

Jayneanne

Michelle

I don't need to watch it! I have a running commentary here! Cheers folks :hairraising:

Jayneanne

I'll try to remember to watch it today and keep you up to date Michelle

Ned was mortified when he caught me watching it, so I had to explain that it was only on the grounds of medical research LOL :hairraising:

Jayneanne

Michelle

We know your secret :horse::lmao:

Have a good day

Michelle :hairraising:

Vegged Out
Shirl

I have not watched Neighbours for centuries and was amazed by the life events that have befallen Susan since I last watched. Then I thought about my own life in that period and realised she has got off quite lightly really!

I was also reminded this week about how difficult an MS DX can be for BOTH patients and neurologists. As many of you know, I received my DX late last year and had thought that was that!

However, Neurology can be like investigative criminal science in many ways - give a dog a bone and he'll gnaw on it...

At my latest Neuro appointment on Tuesday, the Neuro wondered if another LP might me beneficial...then again, it might not be but he thought he'd put me in for one anyway. Sometimes it is up to the patient and, in my case, her GP, to say 'enough is enough' and two LPs IS enough for me. :lmao:

However, experience is never wasted. I will support any of you who undergo their first LP and give you as many tips as I can for your recovery afterwards. There are quite a few things you can do to ensure that recovery is effective.

So there we are - neighbours, forums, whatever, we're here for each other! :horse:

This is probably posted in the 'wrong topic' (moderator, moderate thyself) but I will remember my promise to anyone having a LP and post some tips, as & when required! :hairraising:

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Jayneanne

I had a visitor when the programme was on *********

but could hear a lot of crying with Susan (took a peek at the tele) and her family, so I guess they must have told them all

Just so you are still in the know Michelle LOL :hairraising:

Jayneanne

Gaynor

You know it's on twice a day don't you JA?

Mind you, it just put meon a downer today, so don't think I'll watch anymore of it for the good of my health!

Gaynor

Michelle

JA :think:

It all sounds wonderful. I remember the day when I lost sight in both my eyes :hairraising: It was quite amazing! I never panicked! I was literally as cool as a cucumber. I just thought to myself :thumbsup: 'I can't see! Thankfully,my eyesight came back, and I phoned my g.p. There were no dramatics :wink3:

Thank god! I was in my house when it happened.

Mish :heartbeat:

Hercules

Crikey Mish, that must have been scary. I don't know how I would cope with that. Was that a sudden thing or did it come on gradually? Was it due to Optic Neuritis? Brave girl!

As you can see, I am having one of those "sleepless nights". Most probably because tomorrow is the "big day". Oh no..I just realised it's actually today!

If you ever read this my darling Prishpresh. I love you dearly and will always be there for you.

Jayneanne

Twice a day?

I'll check that out Gaynor.

Michelle, how could you be so calm? Did you have an idea about ms before it hapenned and know what it was?

Losing my sight is one of my worst nightmares. I am already night blind (fairly common) and I hate that, and that is nothing I guess to not having any sight at all.

She who panicks not, might have a bit of a wobbly

Jayneanne

Fine
WobblyGreg

Well susan was told she had MS after the MRI no weeks for results for our susan,

oh no, no probable DX either , no LP just a straight no nonsense DX MS.

I KNOW IM BEING HARSE ITS RAISING AWARENESS, I just think its a shame its on channel 5 as the viewing figures wont be as high as if still on bbc.

Not very common in oz either so to do a story on MS is brave anyway,lets hope corrie or eastenders nick the idea.

Michelle

Greg,

Corrie and Eastenders??? Gawd! They are depressing enough :wink3:

Michelle :accordion:

Jayneanne

I'd love to watch Eastenders - havnt seen it in ten yeqrs

Jayneanne

patg

I have been watching Neighbours for some time, I too miss Kylie, but not for the same reasons as some. It just seemed better then, but then again it could have something to do with the fact that I was a young mother then. I wonder too how they are going to develop this one, or what miracle will occur so that they can all live happily on in their make believe world. :thumbsup:

Fine
WobblyGreg

missed it last day or so whats happening?

only watch corrie im soap free otherwise :think:

Hercules

Hi. I watched a bit of Neighbours today to see what all the fuss is about. My wife had watched it the day before and was quite upset. I re-assurred her that it was "just a program" and they were trying to make it look dramatic. However, I feel that the show is very irresponsible the way it is portraying this illness so far. Perhaps I am wrong and still don't know the consequences myself??

Anyway, anyone know the reason why Susans hands are bandaged? We missed that bit.

Also, it's going to be interesting to see how they play this in the future.

If you ever read this my darling Prishpresh. I love you dearly and will always be there for you.