The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
gareth

music

52 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lindyloo

Just thought this is a cool thread....

I think i am one of the biggest U2 fans in the world along with my other half Conor..

My first concert was Croke Park, Dublin when i was 16... Conor was at the same gig (70,000 people) we did not know each other then...

I have seen U2 live about 17 times.... Conor has seen them more...

Yep .... we love them!!

For our honey moon we went around seeing them in concert all over.... Wicked...

On my wedding day we went to Bonos house and took some photos for the laugh... He was not home unfortunaltely :newhere:

We have met them all several times and hold the most amazing memories....

Cara i went to see the Saw doctors in Brixton as i am originally from North London. Then moved to Belfast and happend to go to Kings Hall to see them on New years Eve.... Brill night...

My latest buy is THe Kings of Leon.... brill album..

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Michelle

I was lucky enough to have the new SnowPatrol c.d for Chrimbo. It's a brill c.d. I'm playing it all the time. I've asked for the new Stereophonics c.d for my birthday :newhere:

Play on!

Michelle :lolbash:

Vegged Out
Shirl

For Xmas I had: Aled Jones, Tom Jones, Kathryn Jenkins, Stereophonics (mish note!), Jonathan Ansell and Sharleen Spiteri. An eclectic taste, I think you'll agree. Aled currently singing to moi only.

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Gaynor

The new Pink album is brill and I like a bit of attitude when I'm singing along :newhere:

Michelle

Noted Shirl :newhere: I too have an eclectic taste when it comes to music. I also had the new Russell Watson c.d. It's ok! but not as good as his earlier stuff.

M x

Vegged Out
Shirl

Just been listening to Russell! I have his earlier stuff so won't bother with the new one. I've followed his health progress; we were booked to see him in Oxford when his latest scare broke. I first saw/heard him at one of the Cliff Richard Millennium concerts in Birmingham before Russell became famous!

gareth

the dates been and gone and i've now been to my first live gig

paul weller was fantastic. such a great live set, he was playing really well with his band and it was a great night.

the only minor moan was the price of the beer!

everybodys got to believe in something

i believe i'll have another beer

Akorah

i love james blunt and tracy chapman they r sooooooo relaxing!!

chelly xxx

Lindyloo

Hey Gareth

Cool ..u got to Paul Weller!! I was wondering did you go.. A mate of ours is nuts about Paul weller... I remember you saying you booked through disabled access.. I have never got a concet tickets this way... what was is like? The last concert i was at was about 2yrs ago to see The Waterboys and it was sit down, with only about 200 people.... so it was a really nice amount of people...

Mish I got the new Snow Patrol - its great... they come from Cara's neck of the woods Co Fermanagh.. I loved the last album..

I would love to hear how is Russell Watson?? Is he ok now... hope so...

:newhere:

LindyLoo xx

Hezza

Glad you enjoyed it Gareth :newhere:

I'm off to see Snow Patrol in Feb - just before Ron heads off for the Sahara Trek so that'll be nice. Will let you all know how it is.

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Michelle

I think Russell is doing ok at the moment. Lucky you Hezza going to see Snow Patrol.

Lindy, I keep humming certain tracks all the time :lolbash: much to andrew's delight. :hearts:

Akorah,

Another relaxing guy is Jack Johnson. My neurophysio was always playing JJ at my sessions. Made it very hard to exercise :newhere:

Michelle :dunno:

Akorah
I think Russell is doing ok at the moment. Lucky you Hezza going to see SnowPatrol.

Lindy, I keep humming certain tracks all the time :lolsign: much to andrew's delight. :hearts:

Akorah,

Another relaxing guy is Jack Johnson. My neurophysio was always playing JJ at my sessions. Made it very hard to exercise :flowerface:

Michelle :cry:

Thanx for that i will you tube him i like to just lay relaxing listening to calming music it relaxes the soul lol

chelly xxx

gareth

the disabled access was pretty grim for anybody in awheel chair

a really steep ramp in to the venue but seemed ok once we were in. we were sat to one side behind a raised balcony, halfway between the bar and toilets, quite close to the stage. this might sound pretty cool but the gents were accessed by some steps (for those able) and through about 10 yards of crowd. ok untill the space was packed and your trying to push through bodies and your not too steady on your feet (part ms, part beer!)

the ladies was even worse. right over the other side of the venue, through the heart of the crowd! the security staff were really helpful in helping a couple of ladies on cruches through the crowd but not ideal. fortunatley there was nobody in a wheelchair as they would have been able to get to the toilet but none of the cubicles seemed large enough to accomodate.

hope you enjoy snow patrol hezza.

i'm off now, been to see my neuro in swansea and it's always an excuse to go to the market and buy cockles and laverbread (seaweed). time to cook up some cockle pie!

Lindyloo

Awww that sounds really awful - People with disabillites are not taken into consideration whatsoever... that sounds like a nightmare if you are using a wheelchair..or not feeling the best with whatever your disability.

i missed out on the last U2 gig - i have never missed a gig up until the last one 3yrs ago..

the ticket process for disabled access was a disgrace only 25 tickets was allocated. This is very unfair as the concert is for 80,000 people..

I have never used disabled access before this is why i am interested in how it all went for you Gareth.

I dont use a wheelchair myself but i would not be able to stand for long periods etc.. and at that time my legs were not too good. so i thought,i would get my ticket through disabled access... I didnt manage to get a ticket as i stood no chance as tickets sold out (all) within 5 mins... I did manage to pull a few strings and complain etc and i got a ticket for me and a helper but found out i would have to sit up on a ramp and Conor wouldnt even be beside me..... I just felt like telling them to Stick their ticktets... :winkgrin:

For me, its a long journey 100miles to get there so in the end i just couldnt be arsed..

now i just go to gigs that are near by where i can get a seat... and boogy..yay... :hearts:

and just maybe Bono and Edge will come get me on their private helicopter and sit me in the best VIP seat ever and fill me with lovely drinks and take me home after :lolbash:

Cara enjoy Snow Patrol.... would love to go with you... anyone like Groove Armada??

LindyLoo xx

gareth

the next time you go to a concert lindyloo, book through the disabled line. aren't the seats usually better and closer to the stage?

Lindyloo

They did not have a seated area for disabled access.....only a ramp for wheelchairs... and only 25 spaces to allocated them. .

.I would have been over the moon to get a seat... anywhere..

I think Croke park hadnt fully finished been re structured at the time.. There was standing tickets and seats...but nothing for Disabled people only a ramp for wheelchairs..(25)

If i ever go to a big concert like that again i would have to use disabled access..

Walk on happy people 8-)

Every Friday Night they do 80's night here... its such a laugh!! Anyone remember Haircut 100? What happend to Nick Heyward??

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

I remember Haircut 100. Don't have a clue what happened to Nick. Google him! :lolbash: I remember going to see the Bay City Rollers in Cardiff when I was a wee girl :hearts:

My kids have a great laugh over that disclosure. My mum didn't; she had to make my tartan trews :winkgrin: I was also into 10cc,ELO and Status Quo. Thank god I have seen the light.

Hezza
I was also into 10cc,ELO and Status Quo. Thank god I have seen the light.

My guilty secret was, and still is, Meatloaf...I spent a summer season working at Butlins and saw the same Meatloaf tribute act every Saturday night for 3 months - now I love to sing along to a bit of Meat! Very cathartic :winkgrin:

Hezza

Finally got Kings of Leon LindyLoo - am off to wallow in the bath and listen to it :cowboy: Got The Script too...might be a long bath :cheerleader3:

Lindyloo

Aww Cara - you will love those two albums.... :winkgrin: Happy listening!!

Off to bed ZZZzz

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

Couldn't get motivated this morning, so put my Michael Buble' C.D on. Since then I have been singing along with Bracken doing the backing vocals. My dog must think I'm in pain :hearts: He cracks me up!

Michelle :newhere:

garrym

Hi everyone.

I must confess, like Hezza, im a meatloaf fan too.

Ive listened to the big man of rock and roll since i was a child, sadly, i have also been to 2 concerts.

Big fan of john lennon, rem, the killers, christy moore and bob marley too.

Francine, my good lady loves johnny cash and dire straits, they have since rubbed off onme too.

Gaz

gareth

i think we all like a bit of the meat

it's suprising how many of his songs i know and can wail along to

listening to andrew birds new album - noble beast. well worth a listen to.

Hezza

Well today was the day that I was meant to see Snow Patrol...alas it was not to be :bounce:

I've come down with a horrid cold and my MS has simply gone mental. Ron actually had to help me get out of the bath earlier because I was so shaky! Anyway I am feeling slightly better now but not well enough to be at a concert for several hours even if it is seated.

Ron and friends have gone without me so I'm glad that they will have a good night out anyway. I shall snuggle up with pooches and dancing on ice...

Vegged Out
Shirl

Really sorry to read this, Cara. Poor you. Take care while Ron is out and enjoy that snuggle.